Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150GCT_Veltro View Post
No, it isn't.
RoF was realeased with few stuff but with a solid engine. CloD is broken all around.
I vividly remember a lot of gripes about unacceptable framerates, stability problems and a generally rough running of the game but then this discussion is somewhat academic. Let's end it here, shall we?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:12 AM
machoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnasen View Post
The new campaign mode is out for RoF and it's bloody superb. RoF is now very close to taking RB2's crown imo.

Is ROF single player too?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
I vividly remember a lot of gripes about unacceptable framerates, stability problems and a generally rough running of the game but then this discussion is somewhat academic. Let's end it here, shall we?
Nobody is saying it was plain sailing Thor, far from it. There were CTD problems for some users too but not to the extent of.....Nah, Nevermind. I'm going to heed your wise advice and stop, because there is no real point. I support both sims and wish them well.

Had to have my little rant though, feel better now.

Cheers.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Approved Member

ROF can be downloaded, But as far as I could see you'll need to buy one of the appropriate aircaft to fly the new career modes.

If you can use this mode with the default plane set please tell me how.

ROF was unflyable on my machine when it first came out. I needed to upgrade to a quad core and modern graphics to make it fly at a reasonable frame rate. But if your into WWI aircaft it's as good as it gets at the moment!

Cheers

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 06-09-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Approved Member

BTW out of curiosity - is the new campaign mode still linked to their "online for offline" anti-piracy scheme?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Maybe, but for me this is has not been pure "academic".

http://www.150gct.it/users/150GCT_Veltro/COD05.jpg

However, we'll see...... I'm still waiting for CloD like you, even if i totally dislike the landscape (horrible fo rmy opinion), so i seriously doubt i will never like this BoB.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
BTW out of curiosity - is the new campaign mode still linked to their "online for offline" anti-piracy scheme?

The new campaign cannot be played offline. You need to 'login online' as opposed to 'login offline' (?!?!) Yeah, don't get me started on the whole 'online' thing in ROF, the primary reason I never got it when it came out. It's still far too dependent on an internet connection, but that is just my opinion. It's an excellent sim.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
ROF can be downloaded, But as far as I could see you'll need to buy one of the appropriate aircaft to fly the new career modes.

If you can use this mode with the default plane set please tell me how.
Use the date/ year sliders at the top of the career start screen to select a later date. Select a squadron flying one of the default planes. Go fly.

Easy as that.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM505 View Post
The new campaign cannot be played offline. You need to 'login online' as opposed to 'login offline' (?!?!) Yeah, don't get me started on the whole 'online' thing in ROF, the primary reason I never got it when it came out. It's still far too dependent on an internet connection, but that is just my opinion. It's an excellent sim.
Too bad.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

A few very good points by Blackdog, however being a day one RoF customer, I must say that the game was much more stable, ran smoother and looked better than CloD does now. The feeling of actual flight still is second to none.

If you compare CloD to ROF, the former definately is the trainwreck.

What we must not forget is that CloD (due to the nature of a WW2 sim) is much more complex as far as DMs or the number of simulated modules are (CEM, weaponry, etc.). Of course, that puts a higher strain on our rigs, especially since the whole engine is (unlike RoF's engine by now) not streamlined to cope with everything all at once yet.

While RoF was playable and smooth with everything maxed from the start, I ask the guys that have been there to memorize what would happen with more than 9-12 aircraft in the vicinity at once directly after release.

There's a catch however: Instead of unjustifiedly comparing the two, why don't you go over to their website and download the free version? ROF can and will keep you busy until CloD is fixed and well beyond and it's FREE.

I doubt anyone in here would want to miss out on that experience or rather keep posting on a thread like this.