Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:02 AM
Approved Member

Lightbulb Just a question regarding kiting....

hay guys when u "kite" do you do it when you have prgasus early in game, because it seems so impossible to get some navigational scrolls...i always end up fighting instead, and they are always powerful in terms of numbers....

Like even starting up playing, other the races early...i think i should do that.....
Currently with my normal mage build, im stuck @ verona , meaning there is a thorn hunter blocking my way near new verona , if i lure him out then im going to encounter that ghostly hero and invincible gaurdsmen walking around eish what to do....and ived already used a scroll for more experiencing, still need to finish up the kraken by scarlet wind...i have 1 black dragon 1 red dragon, 1 green dragon and 2 trolls and 1rune mage.....do you think thats good...?
Old 05-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Whats the point on making a post on these forums, or asking assistance when there's no one that would reply....
simply only view them....
WoW!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloude9 View Post
Whats the point on making a post on these forums, or asking assistance when there's no one that would reply....
simply only view them....
WoW!!!!
Patience - your post was only here a couple days.

These forums don't get near the volume of traffic they used to, and sometimes folks just don't have time to respond right away.

To answer your question, kiting doesn't generally depend on the pegasus, since you have to win a pretty big fight in Montero to get it. By that time, you've probably already kited a number of locations.

I'm not one of the experts at kiting, so I always have trouble with the guards that require you to come straight at them. I'll try a few times and if I keep failing, I just give up and move on. I'll kill them later when I have a bigger army. (That'll teach 'em for not getting out of my way. )

As for your army lineup, it seems fine to me, but there are other factors. Which spells and skills do you have? What rage abilities? What items? All of those will have a big impact, especially as a mage. All of your units have high hit points, but may lack offensive power. However, given the black and red dragon's ability to strike at range, and a liberal dose of healing spells on the trolls, I expect you'll do well.

When I recently went through Verona, I hesitated at those exact fights, but decided to give it a shot. With just three archdemons, I was able to beat them all, though I did have to reload one where I messed up early in the fight.

Good luck.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Approved Member

thank you on replying have a few attachments on that....
well i thought every one would be having it early in the beginning in the game(pegasus)......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg might.jpg (178.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg mind.jpg (179.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg magic.jpg (183.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg treasure.jpg (191.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Approved Member

A few tips...
1. Try to sweep in from the side if possible - that way as they aggro. you're already moving away, as opposed to continuing to move towards them.
2. Zoom in the camera to get finer control of movement, and make lots of use of pausing.
3. Some players (ab?)use the quicksave option - pause then save after every few steps, so you can always load if you mess up later. It shouldn't ever be necessary, but I guess it could make things easier if you're getting frustrated.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Default have a look

Lol!!! thanx alot on that......just have a look here on the left a demonologist chasing me and that ghost hero on my right.....if im going to kite away from the thorn hunter i would be caught in a battle....eish....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg verona.jpg (214.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 05-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Lol!!! thanx alot on that......just have a look here on the left a demonologist chasing me and that ghost hero on my right.....if im going to kite away from the thorn hunter i would be caught in a battle....eish....
Yeah, this is why I keep a save slot I call "Sliding" for times when I slip past some enemies to scout around. If I get myself caught in a dead end, I reload (or fight it out - sometimes I've surprised myself by winning a battle that seemed impossible).

You might be able to use the mana fountain to get away. I've often found I can sucker a enemy into following me around the fountain, giving me an opening to slip out.

As for the thorns, it depends on how many are in the enemy army, and what other troops it has. You have dragons with ranged fire damage, and a mage with (I assume) fire arrow and fireball spells. You've also got a +10% fire damage from the appropriate medal. I suggest trying to slip past the necromancers and the ghost hero. If you succeed, autosave, then take on the thorn stack. If you kill it, that will make your life much easier as you scout out Verona. Good luck.

Looking at your character from the previous post, what jumps out at me is that you're only level 10, with a paucity of good items. Rage is only 25, Mana only 43. Great Int, but Atk and Def are only 1 each. You'll have trouble dealing enough damage to take down large enemy stacks. You do have lightning ball, which will help - it kills a percentage of the enemy stack and generates additional rage, which helps you cast it again, and again, and...
Old 05-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Approved Member

Lol!!! well im trying not to do any battles jus yet until i defeat the white kraken....(that is why i need to escape verona lol!!!) because i have used an ancient knowledge scroll....lol!!!...and i jus want to try save it for another battle where i can receive more exp....and yip took me awhile to get them items...had a tough no loss battle when i upgraded my staff....now u see i am "trying" a no-loss victory but it is sure tough at times...sometimes i just leave it for another day....lol!!! well for the time being, been playing a warrior...but not 4me because i enjoy casting more than once a spell in battle....i really dont prefer palladin class aswell....because if u want to play a losslless game...its actually really pointless...good though when you can revive after battle yes...but your victory wont count as a losslless win...eish....thank you for that...have tried a Huge number times to avoid those thorns but will always end up in battle lol!!!...and could you maybe assist on a build concerning the attack and aswell for skills...because i sure dont know if i should focus on upgrading my spells or higher magic...thanx....
Old 05-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Lol!!! well im trying not to do any battles jus yet until i defeat the white kraken....(that is why i need to escape verona lol!!!) because i have used an ancient knowledge scroll....lol!!!...and i jus want to try save it for another battle where i can receive more exp....and yip took me awhile to get them items...had a tough no loss battle when i upgraded my staff....now u see i am "trying" a no-loss victory but it is sure tough at times...sometimes i just leave it for another day....lol!!! well for the time being, been playing a warrior...but not 4me because i enjoy casting more than once a spell in battle....i really dont prefer palladin class aswell....because if u want to play a losslless game...its actually really pointless...good though when you can revive after battle yes...but your victory wont count as a losslless win...eish....thank you for that...have tried a Huge number times to avoid those thorns but will always end up in battle lol!!!...and could you maybe assist on a build concerning the attack and aswell for skills...because i sure dont know if i should focus on upgrading my spells or higher magic...thanx....
I try to get to the first level of higher magic fairly quickly - having two spells per round for a couple rounds is a lifesaver at times. The other skills I try to get to are Distortion (Stoneskin, Haste, Slow, Time Back, Phantom, etc), Order (Battle Cry, Healing, Call Phoenix), Chaos (Fear, Armageddon). Going into combat with a single stack, using Armageddon, then Time Back is a great way to bring some enemy armies down to size.

I also try to get Anger for Rage generation, Neatness for crystals and runes, Summoner for some troops (like Royal Griffins). I like using summons to absorb damage and preserve my real army.

All this is a matter of personal preference. Some players prefer to go for damage spells and high Int, which can also work well.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Approved Member

I'd say the first priority has to be at least Distortion I, Chaos I, and Order I. Then work your way along to Higher Magic I, Distortion III, and Transmutation I. That'll use up your first 65 mana runes. After that, it's really a matter of personal preference - if you like dealing direct damage, Chaos and Destruction are good bets. If you prefer using summons and playing a patient game trying to avoid damage, Summoner and Order are good choices. If you're more of a buffer and de-buffer, Order and things to boost your intelligence. If you find yourself chronically short of mana, consider Transmutation and Concentration. I'd avoid Alchemy, but really all the other skills in the magic tree can be quite useful.