Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 04-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthElvis View Post
Then you just lost a customer. Sorry. Not being able to disable the filter is unacceptable. I don't have epilepsy, no-one in my family does. I don't really care for others making decisions for me, "for my own good".
Blame UBI. Although I don't understand why you guys are still with that pack of hustlers and liars. It's not like they have never screwed you over before. I think the ROF or the Eagle Dynamics model would work for you as well.
What are you talking about? They have already patched in an option to disable the filter.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Then you just lost a customer. Sorry. Not being able to disable the filter is unacceptable.
Great first post, well done.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Although I don't understand why you guys are still with that pack of hustlers and liars.
I'd say they're legally obliged. I can't think of any other explanation.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

I would have buyed the game wether it had the Storm of War name...if ubi is responsible for this sad epi thing (?) an only steam release would be also a good alternative. I have doubts now about CoD.

I won't buy it for now that's sure. I'm deeply dissapointed, i buyed all the other IL2 games till Sturmovik 46 and i'm still very happy with the sim. Btw. i got an MS FFB2, and no forcefeedback...comeon...
Old 04-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Then you just lost a customer. Sorry. Not being able to disable the filter is unacceptable. I don't have epilepsy, no-one in my family does. I don't really care for others making decisions for me, "for my own good".
Blame UBI. Although I don't understand why you guys are still with that pack of hustlers and liars. It's not like they have never screwed you over before. I think the ROF or the Eagle Dynamics model would work for you as well.
This epilepsy problem has been driven out of proportion. Some pimple faced UBI lawyer came up with this great idea and ruined that game. Such unrealistic fear reaction is typical for French companies (saw it in other domains as well and that can ruin a company as well). Just a greedy lawyer making some money...

Now let's face reality (and I am highly qualified regarding the medical question of epilepsy). There are many flightsims out there and some are made by companies with much larger pockets than 1C (Microsoft?). How many lawsuits have taken place on the claim that a Flightsim game triggered epilepsy????

From a medico-legal point of view, no videogame can create epilepsy. It just reveals a pre-existing condition which remained unknown to the patient until he started to play. It is therefore a beneficial event which will lead the patient to consult and perhaps change his professional orientation (no he should not apply for a job as a A380 pilot with AirFrance).

It is therefore sufficient to put in the usual warning about this game triggering an epileptic fit in people who are already known to have epilepsy or are ignoring this status up to now. Both categories should seek medical advice regarding the use of videogames.

That's it. You did your duty. The doctor will be responsible for what happens next and not you. Not putting an anti-epilepsy filter into the game is not a discriminating action towards a certain part of the population. You have epilepsy..stay away from videogames. You are blind...don't apply to become a bus driver...

So my advice is to go and have a lawyer write such an advertisement for you. Then tell the pimple faced UBI responsible that he is more at risk for getting a class action regarding selling a broken product and that he can save his money ( and @ss) by backing off the epilepsy filter.

Then you can just go back and use the formerly developed product with all the SLI power and high FPS....and you will have a IL2 crowd rushing to buy COD.

My 2 cents

Cheers,

Eckhart

ps: Sorry for being so long and windy
Old 04-15-2011, 05:09 AM
Approved Member

Games for Windows site carries the epilepsy warning too now...
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

I have an idea. Why not distribute this though an adult content distributor? Where we get our seedy magazines we can also pick up a rated X copy of this sim.