Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 04-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Just tried after this latest patch and still the same. Really this is the only thing thats stopping me from playing at the moment.

Every other bug and performance issue takes a back seat for me until this is fixed because no matter how its running its pointless with this delay, completely ruins the feel of flying
Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

This issue is really perplexing - I have a low end system. On first install I noticed input lag but with each patch the situation improved. The recent Beta has virtually eliminated lag and the fighters feel light and responsive, before it was like flying heavyweight bricks.

There is obviously an issue but not every one suffers this problem which makes me think it's caused by something external to the game itself or a glitch with the added software environment (Net 4, MS C++, etc?) that works with it.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

Honestly? Some people are already used to it. Those who use monitors with VA based panels get input lag as a matter of course, so they probably wouldn't notice anything different here. Similarly for people who like to use v-sync, that introduces input lag as an immediate side effect and if you use it for long enough I'm sure it becomes normal. For the rest of us though, it's just not acceptable.

The other reason people might not notice it is that it's related to framerate. The lower your fps, the worse the lag. It doesn't go away with a high framerate, but it does get reduced. That suggests that the input processing is lower priority in the engine than frame rendering and imo, that's a big no-no. If you did that in a first person shooter, you'd be crucified by the community. That said, even at 70fps there is still a noticeable delay, albeit reduced, and that's a concern. It means that maybe there is something else going on as well.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
There is obviously an issue but not every one suffers this problem which makes me think it's caused by something external to the game itself or a glitch with the added software environment (Net 4, MS C++, etc?) that works with it.
I hope it's not some stupid console code, similar to whats used in Wings of Prey.
In WoP it look like all axis exept x,y are emulated keyinputs, hopless to even use a axis there to control Radiator or toebrakes..
Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Ugh yes I have noticed this big time, especially now that my FPS is getting to a playable state.

It not only affects joystick movements but looking around (with the hat), using the mouse, and even the keyboard. For instance, when I bring up the Steam overlay and chat while in-game to someone I notice that there is big time input lag.

I'm not sure what's causing this but it's a big game-breaker.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Approved Member

I imagine a lot more people have it but just aren't as sensitive to it as others.

I believe its probably compounded by monitors with an already morderate level of input lag. I believe mine only has about 10-20ms which isn't noticeable in anything else but added ontop of this too...blargh
Old 04-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

I experienced this for the first time tonight. I have mostly just been shooting bombers down and small dogfights but when I loaded up the Aerial Battle - Dover I noticed the lag.