Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the link somone dropped in here!! Now my russian version is all english!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Approved Member

got mine from just fight. It seems to be the easiest. Just buy from website, get the game key, then put into steam. Steam downloads it fast then cry when nothing in the game works right...

I know the info scadered everywere on the forum but what can I do to get more then 15 fps? Or what can I do with my spec to run this game! Or we just waiting on a patch at this point?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEditor View Post
Its funny....Its ok to put out a broken game to Russia and Europe but not the USA...lol

Well maybe they'll patch the game some more between now and the 26th.
----------------------------------------------------------

Well they probably know the US penchant for suing at the drop of a hat so gave it to a more placid bunch to try to bring it up to a respectable level.
Wouldn't do for a class action job would it.
cheers,
Ibis.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
----------------------------------------------------------

Well they probably know the US penchant for suing at the drop of a hat so gave it to a more placid bunch to try to bring it up to a respectable level.
Wouldn't do for a class action job would it.
cheers,
Ibis.
yeah you could be right...lol
Old 04-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan21cag View Post
depends on your connection took me about an hour with the crap internet i have i only avg about 800kbs download though
woa, 800kb/s and you call that crap!? What on earth is considered good over in the US of A???

(in Australia here I believe the average is around 300kb/s, most of us get under 100 for most of the time.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post

What is up with this?

I knew Steam was a bad idea from the start. Now my feelings are proving correct.
What does Steam have to do with release date, so far Steam is working fine with the game.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
got mine from just fight. It seems to be the easiest. Just buy from website, get the game key, then put into steam. Steam downloads it fast then cry when nothing in the game works right...

I know the info scadered everywere on the forum but what can I do to get more then 15 fps? Or what can I do with my spec to run this game! Or we just waiting on a patch at this point?
First thing is make sure the game is patched, should happen automatically through steam, also in your preferences in Steam turn off cloud saving as this will then allow you to adjust config.ini's etc then go and apply the best fix which a user discovered and you should see much better fps, I am getting 40fps in 6 v 6 df's over the sea with an 8800gt settings medium to high, although I do need grass and shadows off.

The user made fix is here

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ml#Post3265101

so far it seems to be making a big difference to performance, it gave me an extra 20+ fps, and even over London it ios reasonably flyable on my low end GPU.

Good Luck
Old 04-11-2011, 03:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Steams now got April 26th for a US release day...WTF.

Why has it been pushed back AGAIN?
Oh of course!