Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 04-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

Default Is anyone using an AMD Phenom II X6 processor?

Such as the 1050t or 1090t. Wondering what sort of performance they're getting? Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Approved Member

I'm using a Phenom II X6 1090T, with and nVidia 480 GTX and 8 Gb RAM 1333 Kingston HyperX (I got it last Christmas with COD on my mind) and I think I need a much better PC. I can handle a 6 vs 6 dogfight over the sea withe decent fps, but if I add more planes or fly inland... the game stuttering is really unbearable
Old 04-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

That's worrying. Could you let me know how the patch affects it, if at all? Hopefully it will improve for you.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

I'm running an AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T 6-Core 3.2GHz (see my sig below for details)

I'm getting very playable performance with most settings on high - average FPS over water 50 - 60, over land 30 - 50.

For the hell of it I set everything on high and tried a low flight over London and got average FPS of 15..lots of stutter tho'

I haven't tried any overclocking yet (should be able to get the Phenom to 4GHz I understand)

Lets' see how the patch works out...
Old 04-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Well that's more positive, thanks. Keep me posted.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensman1945 View Post
I'm running an AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T 6-Core 3.2GHz (see my sig below for details)

I'm getting very playable performance with most settings on high - average FPS over water 50 - 60, over land 30 - 50.

For the hell of it I set everything on high and tried a low flight over London and got average FPS of 15..lots of stutter tho'

I haven't tried any overclocking yet (should be able to get the Phenom to 4GHz I understand)

Lets' see how the patch works out...

i have exactly the same system of yours, except for the hard drive, and i have also quite the same fps, but i tried disabling CEM and i had a noticable performance boost, also over london i have 22-24 fps as minimum...quite good, hope next patches improve anyway.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjama View Post
Such as the 1050t or 1090t. Wondering what sort of performance they're getting? Any feedback is appreciated.
Its not your computer its the game code. It needs some major rewriting I think. Turn your resolution down to about 1440x900 and NO AA or AF and see what happens.
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens