Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Default Does 1C Maddox get a better share with steam?

Someone posted a thread a little while back with a title to the effect of "Why they like steam", and stated that through steam they would recieve a much larger chunk of the purchase price as opposed to buying it on disk via ubisoft etc.

So I eventually decided that because I wanted more money to go to Oleg and less to Ubisoft (though there is some conflicting information), and even though I always want a hard copy of the games I buy, I would buy it on Steam.

Basically I'm looking for some proof that this is the case - I noticed that Ubisoft is still noted as the publisher on Steam. Does this mean that they still get a share? How much etc. etc. would be nice to know (of course you are unlikely to have details). If it's all the same and Oleg isnt keeping any more (and Ubi getting less), then I might as well wait to get it on disc.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireship4 View Post
Someone posted a thread a little while back with a title to the effect of "Why they like steam", and stated that through steam they would recieve a much larger chunk of the purchase price as opposed to buying it on disk via ubisoft etc.

So I eventually decided that because I wanted more money to go to Oleg and less to Ubisoft (though there is some conflicting information), and even though I always want a hard copy of the games I buy, I would buy it on Steam.

Basically I'm looking for some proof that this is the case - I noticed that Ubisoft is still noted as the publisher on Steam. Does this mean that they still get a share? How much etc. etc. would be nice to know (of course you are unlikely to have details). If it's all the same and Oleg isnt keeping any more (and Ubi getting less), then I might as well wait to get it on disc.
Everyone gets a share and it is normally a fixed amount. Hard copies are a thing of the past
Old 03-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

This may be the article you are referring too.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

1C was saying that not only do they get much more money from Steam, but they get it within that month rather than waiting 6 months for a smaller profit with hard copies.