Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Registered Member

Default Cliffs lack...

Even if it wont run fluent on my sys there are other things I have to say

1. I want to fly in a squad (In my case JG2) and I am not able to start a career in a squad selected by me? FB had it why do you change running things. I even would appreciate "transfer" or "promotion" options like in Red Baron...(Back then when game design was not just graphics)

2. No mission briefings?

3. Why did you change map flight map (including flight paths) ? M was a pretty neat key. (UI is really bad by the way - IL2 was better)

4. No mouse use when in 3rd person view?

Sorry but I am really disappointed. I am a free thinking person and hollywood scripts will never comfort me. I would like to start an online coop campaign with my FG or fly from grunt to lead in my selected FG. This game really has potential if you have the machine regarding graphics but at the moment it lacks feeling. Played IL-2 and FB for years... even bought the complete stuff again 2 months ago because I was lacking a CD2 of FB and had to reinstall...

Cheers & work it over
Werewo
Yellow 9, III./JG2 Richthofen
Old 03-30-2011, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

Yeah it seems most games now of days lack feeling. You can't ask software engineers to be story writers!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

4- There is mouse use; switch first to independant view.

The mouse can be used to click on levers & dials or as in IL2 (View). Obviously, you need a switch to go from one mode to the other.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

You need to bind the "M" key. Mouse look is activated with F10 (in externals too).