Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Default Which ordering channel will give 1C:Maddox the most?

Hi All,

I'm wondering through which ordering channel is best - so that 1C, Oleg will get the most $$?
I have no problem using steam if this is the case.
Will the price raise after release?

Thanks,
IAF_Phantom
Old 03-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

probably, via buying from both channels (UBI/Steam and 1C) like the vast majority in here (even if buying via UBI/Steam also means supporting UBI, some part of the revenue will still go to Maddox).
Old 03-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

In the west, Steam offers the biggest return for Maddox Games and the least for Ubisoft. If anyone knows an even better way, let me know and I'll cancel my Steam preorder immediately.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
In the west, Steam offers the biggest return for Maddox Games and the least for Ubisoft. If anyone knows an even better way, let me know and I'll cancel my Steam preorder immediately.
You know the contract between MG and Ubi?
Is the % of royalties for MG higher for sales on steam than other channels?

What we've seen before from quotes & articles is that Steam ultimately gave more to the developper, but because steam margin is lower.

That doesn't mean that Ubi gets less return.
Actually, it seems more logical to say that it gives best return for both, MG & Ubi
Old 03-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Steam will give less return to Maddox, actually. Because, the contract for IL2 CoD with Steam is not made by Maddox, but by UBI, which means money will go to Steam,UBI,Maddox.

Directly from UBI, money will only go to UBI and Maddox.

From 1C rd party (Steam, yuplay, etc), the money will go to 3rd party, 1C and Maddox.

Now, without knowing the actual deal/percents, it's most probable that the most money Maddox will take are from direct sales through UBI's site.

Steam returns more meny to the developers, indeed, but only if those developers are actually their own publishers, which is not Maddox'es case.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

This is important to me because I would like to know what to recommend to my community.
Any one from 1C?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Approved Member

It's not only what goes to 1C that counts. We all want to support 1C, but I'd like Ubisoft to do well out of this too, as that will encourage them to support the development team more as the series develops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAF_Phantom View Post
Any one from 1C?
And I doubt 1C could give you an honest answer if it meant Ubisoft getting less revenue, as I don't think Ubisoft would be too happy.