Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

Default Is Disciples 3: Renaissance better?

Can someone tell me who played both games if Disciples 3:Renaissance is better than King's Bounty series.

I presume visuals are better but is the animation, tactical depth, character development, unit variety, quests also better?
Old 01-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Also, does the company who made King's Bounty series plan a sequel or is it already in works, with hugely updated graphics and animation, because they sure know how to make superb games.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

No, D3 is definitelly not better, I enjoyed D2 a lot, but D3 is probably the most frustrating game published in the last 5 years.

Granted, it's also one of the most beautiful games ever published, but the interface, camera, overall slowness, confusing 3D environment and primarily the internal battle mechanics (your units miss half the time whereas the opponents score critical hits half the time and almost never miss) is unbearable. It's such a waste of potential, it could have been an amazing turn based strategy.

So for me King's Bounty remains the king of turn based strategy games, at least untill the launch of HOMM VI.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:15 AM
Approved Member

I have some personal involvment with Disciples 3 in it's early stages of development. I can tell you that King's Bounty is much better than the final product of Disciples 3. KarlosCV actually said it right, Disciples 3 had potential that was wasted.

If you have the money and time, get both, but if you're a fan of Disciples 1 and 2, you'll find some changes you might not like about 3. If I had to choose what game to play between the two, it would be the King's Bounty series. They did a great job with it.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

Such a shame, it sounds like they didn't pay enough attention, just the mere existence of King's Bounty before they finished Disciples 3 should have been enough to steer them in the right direction and to discern what works and what doesn't.