Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

A quadrant does the job, however a HOTAS like the Saitek X45/54 covers more bases. A HOTAS will give you rotaries and buttons. In IL2 I had the elevator mapped to one of the rotaries and prop pitch on one of the hats with 5% increments. Worked well for me in IL2 should be good in CoD too
Old 03-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrBlik View Post
Sounds like I've been flying FSX for too long ...

All the panels and switches are nice for realistic flying, but I can totally see how they would make me a pretty easy target while I fiddle with them. Those WWII pilots must have grown a third arm somewhere along the way!

I'm looking at a X52-Pro (the Warthog and X65 are out of my price range); does anyone have any experience with it... other than buy it from a local shop so you don't waste gas exchanging it for a working one?

Also... would a throttle quadrant be a good idea for the Complex Engine Management (CEM) with a HOTAS or is it unnecessary?

Thank you for the replies... they're a great help!

Blik
---------------------------------
Send complaints to /dev/null
Get an X-Key with USB or CHProd MFP. They are around $200, but you won't regret the purchase. I use the X-Key for Stock trading as well, with macro change of course.

If you are looking for a stick the MSFT FF2 is still floating around on various internet sites. You can probably pick one up. They last forever, built like a tank. You can probably find one that hasn't been used much, if at all.

Last edited by nearmiss; 03-19-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAF92_Brigstock View Post
There is nothing to it, adding the MSFFB. The drivers are native in win7. Just plug in a go.
It was the same in Vista. For IL2 forces could be edited with FEdit.

Not sure what issues you faced, but it isn't the norm

The MSFFB2 sticky in here is about modding them, not making them work in Win7 and IL2
It may be I was having my problems with XP. I just recall I couldn't get the control panel controller interface to work unless I came into OS from safe mode. It would work, but it was a pain in the wazoo everytime I fired up the IL2.

So, I just gave it up and bought the CHProducts products over a 6 month time span. I'm loving the whole thing, but my dog keeps crawling under my desk interfering with the pedals. LOL