Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
- Rise of Flight
Can't watch that video you linked right now, but in Rise of Flight buildings and planes (!) pop-up, depending on distance and FOV (or "zoom") ratio.

I love Rise of Flight, but that's a pretty big problem (more because of the planes popping up).

(i don't want to drag this into off-topicness, but just wanted to clear that part up)
Old 03-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Anyone who's making assumptions about CoD purley on the way it looks is missing the point.

The FM and DM will make or break CoD. They are the most complicated parts. It's all good and well comparing CoD to ALREADY RELEASED games but it's not particularly fair. Some of these complaints sound like you guys have already paid for the game..

WoP looks great but the terrain is HOPELESSLY out of scale. Apache AA is also set in very small maps. Neither of these games have very deep physics either.

Wait for it to come out, buy it, install it, then judge it. It's the only fair way.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
Anyone who's making assumptions about CoD purley on the way it looks is missing the point.

The FM and DM will make or break CoD. They are the most complicated parts. It's all good and well comparing CoD to ALREADY RELEASED games but it's not particularly fair. Some of these complaints sound like you guys have already paid for the game..

WoP looks great but the terrain is HOPELESSLY out of scale. Apache AA is also set in very small maps. Neither of these games have very deep physics either.

Wait for it to come out, buy it, install it, then judge it. It's the only fair way.
+100000

Besides that:

RoF and WoP are either based on an older engine or were patched and upgraded multiple times already. CoD is not even released yet.

You don't know how it will look on your PC. You don't know if the things you didn't like in the beta-previews will still be there.

Besides that, what lifts CoD far above and beyond any competitor will be under the hood: Damage-modelling, structural features, weapons-modelling, physics, weather, etc.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Are you stalking me??
If posting in a thread started by you and responding to a post by you that I felt was, IMO misguided, is stalking, then yes

I think you may be getting a case of the old swelled head there Tree, if you don't want negative responses to your posts then either stop posting, stop whinging, or post something that is actually backed up with some proof, currently all your negative posts are based on speculation or guesswork by you, fortunately we will all find out the truth soon enough and you can either say I told you so, or no doubt find something else to complain about.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

Some of the pop ups may be caused by low system resources like low ram etc.
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Old 03-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

Really what it all comes down to is whether there is a fade-in system implemented like other games do. It might be harder for some technical reasons in this sim due to the sheer size of the map and number of objects but I will bet that it is available as a selectable option.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Tree is a knob. Discuss.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zauii View Post
Wow, you work at 1C don't you helicon?, puns aside seriously don't dive into something you do not have a clue about.
Or maybe you've some inside info regarding their engine and work flow that you'd like to share with the rest of us?

/flameON
No I dont work at 1c, and I know about their engine only through what they have shown, and what they have said.

I dont have a clue about what? Puns aside, when using the english language a sentence normally includes a noun...
Thats a clue saying if you are going to criticise someone about what they say, you really need to state what you are talking about and use something called an "argument/thesis" which you should base your post around.

Seriously one of the only forums where you get posts/trolls who cant even state what they disagree with. As far as the record goes (and I have no idea how accurate my analyses is other than from the pics/interviews) I believe my statements have more or less been confirmed by the devs. So until we see other evidence or info that explains the situation (engine, problems etc etc) better I would say that my post holds water, so if you have info that leads you to a different conclusion please post it, and if need be I have no problem with throwing what I have said out the window (I hope I am wrong).

Last edited by Heliocon; 03-18-2011 at 07:53 PM.