Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Will you stop being such an annoying idiot, I am a potential customer and I want to know what I am going to be buying, there is nothing wrong with me asking to see what im going to be getting, I dont want to be suprised either pleasantly or unpleasantly. Now get off my back.
That is all you can do,insult me?I thought you were better than that.You want to know what you are buying,then why the hell cant you wait for the release and see for yourself from the user made videos? You are the one that needs to get off the developer's back. Go on and play chess with your friends if you have any, enjoy your life and stop complaning already.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
... I dont want to be suprised either pleasantly or unpleasantly...
That really made me lol

I have never heard of anyone that doesn't like to be pleasantly surprised!

Hmmm maybe you should stick to Sudoku or something a little less exciting?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royraiden View Post
That is all you can do,insult me?I thought you were better than that.You want to know what you are buying,then why the hell cant you wait for the release and see for yourself from the user made videos? You are the one that needs to get off the developer's back. Go on and play chess with your friends if you have any, enjoy your life and stop complaning already.
I apologise for calling you an idiot, it was over the top and a cheap shot. No real excuses just caught me at a bad time. Once again very sorry.

Tree
Old 03-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

To anyone wondering what they are potentially buying here, I am happy to report that the item is referred to as a "Combat Flight Simulator" for the PC platform, mainly focused at WW2 combat aircrafts and airwarfare.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
I used the word in a monty python quote not too long ago so probably thought i was using it again .

"EROGENOUS ZZOONEE"
Haha! I knew that was it...that was the first thing I thought of when I read your post..."I bet he's talking about that Python sketch. VERY TINNY!"
Old 03-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

So tired of this "They want us to be surprised!" excuse.

How many products have you bought before, where they refuse to demonstrate its main features, and dont even bother to give you information in anything but chinese? Furthermore lets say its a vacumn, and they will only show vacuming of a flat surface, like a table, even though the vacumn is meant to be revolutionary and work anywhere on anything. In the commercial / add they say - This will work on any surface its a major tech breakthroug! But we are only showing you flat surfaces here because we want you to be surprised and amazed at how awesome this works on carpet!

Not the best analogy, but when you sell a product it is not supposed to surprise people. Thats buying a promise, not a product.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

iam not native russian speaker but i think i understood they were working on dynamic fire, but after some testing they find out it would make the game unplayable so it was halted for now, but i might mis understand something, can anybody comfirm it?thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Hecke

woot? is dynamic fire the feature which lets the fire eat up the whole plane after some time ?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

The damn game/sim isn't even out yet and it seems some people aren't happy with what has been either mentioned or filmed, GET A GRIP FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a new benchmark for WW2 flight sims and we all know it no matter how many fruitcakes/whining bitches come out of the woodwork and be naysayers, I personally think it would be a good idea to wait and ACTUALLY play the game before any kind of judgement is made, THEN and only THEN do you have the right to comment on this most anticipated of releases (well to the flight sim community at least). If people aren't happy with what is delivered then they should be go and make their own damn game so we can comment on it's shortcomings and whine about how over/under modelled aircraft are etc........
Old 03-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliocon View Post
So tired of this "They want us to be surprised!" excuse.

How many products have you bought before, where they refuse to demonstrate its main features, and dont even bother to give you information in anything but chinese? Furthermore lets say its a vacumn, and they will only show vacuming of a flat surface, like a table, even though the vacumn is meant to be revolutionary and work anywhere on anything. In the commercial / add they say - This will work on any surface its a major tech breakthroug! But we are only showing you flat surfaces here because we want you to be surprised and amazed at how awesome this works on carpet!

Not the best analogy, but when you sell a product it is not supposed to surprise people. Thats buying a promise, not a product.
You dont have to buy it unless you see enough convincing footage, so no that is not a promise.