Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I stopped using the whole patent, now that I have access to all troops that I need, I kinda find it useless. The Shark's Tooth that the first hireling gave me gives +5% XP and Gold, as opposed to +3%, so I switched it.

Why? Well, it cost about 700-800 Gold AND Trophies to upgrade 10 Guardsmen to 2 Paladins. And I had to fight a LOT of battles to accumulate this many.

So, I think, apart from the early game where you don't have access to some units, or in cases where certain units are simply not available anywhere, this system is usefull, but overall, I'd have been happier with a system more like the Necromancer in the Dwarven lands is offering.
The idea is to use it for key, unique, hard to find units, not a "cheap" way to buy out highly available units. e.g. my game only spawned 28 Orc Veterans. I had to convert Orcs into Veterans.

Some games don't have a lot of demonologists, etc.

I believe the cost is related to the leadership ratio. So Orcs->Veterans isn't too bad at around 1.75 to 1. Cost me maybe 1000 trophies to convert 53 orcs to 30 orc veterans?

I usually get like 150 trophies per battle? I wonder what the rate of gaining trophies is.

I have about 15K trophies, after spending enough to upgrade to level 4 and get orcs. I'm about level 37 too and have used the trophy item since the beginning of the game sans 3 battles.

One guy hinted that if you fight with no-loss you get more trophies than without.

That said, yes, if you absolutely don't need new units, the patent is a pretty bad item to equip given the alternatives. If you do, it isn't THAT horrible at 3%/3%.a
Old 10-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Well in my mage impossible games demonologist did not spawn; but the conversion cost is 9000 trophies for 40 I need 70 for my mage's leadership, going to be a while ....
Old 10-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
One guy hinted that if you fight with no-loss you get more trophies than without.
That's interesting- I have had like 70 battles so far, all no loss.

Well, now that I have access to all the units I need (found lots of Royal Griffins, Paladins and Archmages in Verona) I stopped using it.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

I have something like 195 no loss battles in my current game but total trophies for entire game so far has been like 18,000 (I used 9000 to convert 40 arch mages into demo; and I hope to use the remaining trophies for another conversion - so the entire game of almost (but not quite) no loss battles just might get me enough trophies for ONE stack of demologisgts

Quote:
That's interesting- I have had like 70 battles so far, all no loss.

Well, now that I have access to all the units I need (found lots of Royal Griffins, Paladins and Archmages in Verona) I stopped using it.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Approved Member

That's a bummer... you didn't use the save game scanner before starting to adventure? I always do that, since I decide what units I want to use well in advance.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That's a bummer... you didn't use the save game scanner before starting to adventure? I always do that, since I decide what units I want to use well in advance.
Perhaps he was too optimistic about the conversion rates. I know I was haha.

[edit]
Trophies are most definitely based on how "hard" the enemy stack is relative to yours. Basically the leadership difference, but it seems to be a ratio too.

I did some solo Black Dragon action against the "Thresher", and accumulated 400 trophies. In another case, I got 800 trophies.

Thresher - 402 trophies
Rolf - 604 trophies
Rake Yavik (the Bolo "need 4 attack and 4 defense" arena - 802 trophies

Slapped back my full army, got like 100 trophies.

This is pretty interesting. I think it is a little unfair though since mages are better equipped to handle "Invincible" stacks.

Last edited by ckdamascus; 10-19-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

Added a few more conversions.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

I believe the formula for trophies per battle is at LEAST a function of
Used Leadership / Maximum Leadership

I have been using the same army size for a lot of battles as a mage, and I noticed my Trophy count keeps going up, even though my army size has rarely or has not really changed.

The enemy army size changes quite a bit too. While I think the enemy army size has something to do with it, and while soloing an enemy army helps, it seems to be increased if you have a higher leadership (or at least level).
Old 01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

In patch 1.3.1

Actually, it appears the formula is simplified. It seems to be strongly based on your experience level.

This is great, since it means you will accumulate enough trophies for it to be useful.

My mage ended the game with nearly 128K+ trophies with a medium sized army. I don't think your army size matters anymore.

It also helps people who might get to certain maps and require certain units. Now you will have enough trophies to create the units you need.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

That's great. The only downside it that you will use the "same army" more often since it won't be that difficult to obtain the correct units anymore (not that there ever was a problem with the units I use)

King's Bounty for the LOLZ!!

Last edited by onepiece; 01-07-2011 at 05:40 PM.