Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

Lets wait for the next updates and see how it works, before we start another discussion about discussing discussions
Old 12-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
You all asked for moderation after he let everyone have a free hand in the threads for a long time, he does what you ask now your are all moaning.
Well I didn't, and the people who did mostly asked for more moderation to make the thread useful, and not for locking it to make it useless. I understand people were frustrated with the direction some of those threads were taking, I also understand being a moderator is not an easy task, but I still have no clue what this latest approach is supposed to accomplish.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
Well I didn't, and the people who did mostly asked for more moderation to make the thread useful, and not for locking it to make it useless. I understand people were frustrated with the direction some of those threads were taking, I also understand being a moderator is not an easy task, but I still have no clue what this latest approach is supposed to accomplish.

+1

nearmiss is most likely unable to devote a lot of time here. Baby sitting the up-date thread, I'm sure is a pain in the ass to him. Its a shame that it came to this, because a lot of ideas and answers are no longer possible. Except of course if Oleg responds in any of the new threads seaking information and thoughts on the up-date...but don't count on it

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 12-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

90% of what I've learned regarding il2 was through reading post some of which were off topic. Just recently MAT manager for example.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Pretty impossible task for Nearmiss. As said already - 'Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't'.

Moderators have lives too you know. A lot of off-topics in this week's update.

What do we want?

A free-for-all post anything policy pisses some people off.

The strategy of only allowing on-topic posts requires either:

1. That everyone exercises some thought before posting (post in a new thread if needed) and tries to make it work

or

2. The moderator stays tuned here 24/7 to mop up those who are too inconsiderate or lazy to comply with the requests.

Nearmiss obviously has better things to do than that.

So the last alternative - lock the thread.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

We are going on two extremes.From total anarchy to repression.
Both attitudes are really bizarre for me,not because it doesn´t happen in forums,but cause this isn´t a normal forum.
Here we are able to be connected with the developer of a game that I suppose most of the forum users at least enjoy.What if Oleg see the damn mess over here?
People opening threads just to cuss him or TD,posts being labeled and threads being locked,trolls...

Where are we going to stop?
Old 12-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf-110 View Post
We are going on two extremes.From total anarchy to repression.
Both attitudes are really bizarre for me,not because it doesn´t happen in forums,but cause this isn´t a normal forum.
Here we are able to be connected with the developer of a game that I suppose most of the forum users at least enjoy.What if Oleg see the damn mess over here?
People opening threads just to cuss him or TD,posts being labeled and threads being locked,trolls...

Where are we going to stop?
Maybe we have to see both sides to be able to find something in between?
Old 12-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Approved Member

Don't blame nearmiss for the policy, we asked for it and then voted for it.
If you'd like the OT stuff back, ask for it and post a poll, but don't blame nearmiss.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Its a shame that it came to this, because a lot of ideas and answers are no longer possible.
Actually anything relating to what's being done with the game was seen as on topic - you could ask anything about it and make suggestions of your own. What was runing the updates were posts (several from me) discussing random nonsense, like the ethics of chute shooting, and those posts don't belong in an update thread. And there are always posts telling others whether or not there post was ok, and we've been told that they don't belong in update threads either. I don't know what's so difficult to understand, discuss what's happening with the development of the game in update threads, and discuss everything else elsewhere.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
Don't blame nearmiss for the policy, we asked for it and then voted for it.
If you'd like the OT stuff back, ask for it and post a poll, but don't blame nearmiss.
I voted against a change in moderation thank you very much.

Moderation is a thankless job that I wouldn't be up for doing, I don't expect miracles of those that do do it.