Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:08 AM
Old_Canuck

Interestingly, Oleg's question kept this thread on topic for the most part. Now in a few hours we can chase each other's tails over another topic.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Yes, we have it. but also with the drawn samples

I'm sure you have, Thanks !

Feed back on the Spitfire 3D model :
Some of us have probably noticed this particularity of the generator air scoop on the portside of the engine cooling.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

Are you sure you couldn't find a misplaced rivet as well?
Old 12-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

S!

Swiss, the flight sim horde is the most picky race in world of gaming Also if you look at the exhaust stacks they are not the same shape as in Rodolphes pic J/K..I bet that detail is easy to fix quickly.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Are you sure you couldn't find a misplaced rivet as well?
I am sure he could! And I trust him to find them
Thanks Rodolphe.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Sternjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodolphe View Post

Some of us have probably noticed this particularity of the generator air scoop on the portside of the engine cooling.
..some of us without a life, that's what my gf would say

Hey don't blame me, she was around while I was posting this!!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre@ View Post
I am sure he could! And I trust him to find them
Thanks Rodolphe.

Pierre@

You know Pierre, riveting is a interresting job but fabric seam has preference !

Last edited by Rodolphe; 12-17-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTE_Galway View Post

the consensus was:

- yellow when its a stack fire from over priming (priming pumps raw fuel into the inlets) and

- blue in a running engine though you wouldn't normally see the blue in daylight

though there was some confusion between overpriming flames and a running engine followed by a lot of interesting but off topic stuff about fuel mixtures
Yes indeed and I agree with the consensus.

My point was that Mr Maddox responded directly to the very interesting but slightly off topic post from Sternjaeger about different colours for different mixtures as being a target for the future.

If different colours for different mixtures is a target for the future, the inference is that yellow, with or without a little more red, is currently the default colour for all mixture settings.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Sternjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Yes indeed and I agree with the consensus.

My point was that Mr Maddox responded directly to the very interesting but slightly off topic post from Sternjaeger about different colours for different mixtures as being a target for the future.

If different colours for different mixtures is a target for the future, the inference is that yellow, with or without a little more red, is currently the default colour for all mixture settings.
Dutch, the point I made was not as off topic as you might think, it's all related to the game engine features. In order to address a question you need to look at all its aspects, so then the case is closed. Brainstorming over a concept is always good material for developers; jibber jabber, moaning and rants on the opposite, are not productive, but unfortunately I see many of these happening here sometimes, maybe that's what puts Oleg out so much.. I remember the very early days of IL-2 Sturmovik, and Oleg was way more active, but I guess that years of rants have worn his patience out..
Old 12-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
Dutch, the point I made was not as off topic as you might think, it's all related to the game engine features. ..
Don't get me wrong Stern, I did say 'slightly off topic', your posts in this thread have been very interesting for me.

As regards a response from Mr Maddox, given the amount of information in the thread, a simple 'ok guys, we'll change the default to blue' would have been appreciated.

Some months ago, there was a question surrounding the colour of RAF squadron codes, which resulted in 'ok guys I guess we should change the default from white to grey' from Luthier.

It'd be nice to find out what the response on this issue is, is all.
Closed Thread