Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

Un-installing usually isn't necessary.

Next time, save a copy of the conf in its original form somewhere so you can retrieve it and go back to the default settings in case things get screwed up.

If you want to change the game resolution, all you have to do is modify a few lines.

Here's mine. Only change the lines which show a *. Don't change anything else (and don't actually write in the * )

[window]
*width=X
*height=Y
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
*ChangeScreenRes=1 (from 0)
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
*EnableResize=0 (from 1)
EnableClose=1
*SaveAspect=0 (from 1)
Use3Renders=0

The main screens will still have the black areas, but the game itself will occupy the entire screen.

Hope you get up and running soon.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Un-installing usually isn't necessary.

Next time, save a copy of the conf in its original form somewhere so you can retrieve it and go back to the default settings in case things get screwed up.

If you want to change the game resolution, all you have to do is modify a few lines.

Here's mine. Only change the lines which show a *. Don't change anything else (and don't actually write in the * )

[window]
*width=X
*height=Y
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
*ChangeScreenRes=1 (from 0)
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
*EnableResize=0 (from 1)
EnableClose=1
*SaveAspect=0 (from 1)
Use3Renders=0

The main screens will still have the black areas, but the game itself will occupy the entire screen. Note that adjusting the resolution from the defaults generally results in a loss of frame-rates, so be sure everything runs well before you tune the graphics settings.

Hope you get up and running soon.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

there is a mod in a place no one talks about that removes the black in menus....thats all it does, give wide sceen menus....(hope i didnt break a rule here) if i did im sorry....

Ltbear
Old 11-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
i've screwed up my ini settings. i'm trying to run it in widescreen with all of the high quality effects. i'm running a nvidia 480 gtx w/ a q9550 w/windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. can someone please help me fix my ini so the game will run again? here's my .ini settings:

[il2]
title=Il2-Sturmovik Forgotten Battles
hotkeys=HotKey game

[window]
width=1920
height=1200
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0
A simple and usefull step:

- Uninstall IL-2. Reinstall IL-2 in your primary HD root (usually C:\), or in ANY location other than "Program Files (x86)".

When you install IL-2 in the default folder, Vista/7 creates da copy of your conf.ini file in your user folder, and this creates a lot of trouble when you edit the file. You can avoid this with a custom directory install, simple step.

It's will save you a lot of time...
Old 11-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

AND, of course you should make a copy of your working game folder on a safe place.
If you change anything in your game you have always a fallback.
Sometimes it is even wise to have two or three game folders for different installations.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

guys i got it working last night. the only problem is that the tracers are purple??? lol anyway, i can deal with it. i've got my settings right. i tried to get the mod to delete this thread b/c it makes me feel like a retard...
Old 11-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Last edited by Les; 11-18-2010 at 07:58 PM.