Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

Default AV8R-03 PS3 BOP Setup

OK, guys, newb here...just spent 1 hour browsing this site and am amazed I didn't find what I was looking for. Just bought BOP for the PS3 along with the AV8R-03 joystick, and spent another hour (before coming here) trying to figure which control layout to choose to get the blasted joystick to work.

The game gives me something like 4 wireless controller sets, 2 Thrustmaster setups, a custom PC stick setup and a generic custom...

Help me out here...I have read this stick works with BOP on the PS3 but I'll be darned if I can figure out how. Also, which position should the M1/M2 switch be in, and where in the World is the "Circle" button?

The manual is worthless - it only says to plug in the joystick and turn on the game...duh...once in the game, it doesn't work.

Any help will be appreciated (before I send the stick back to Amazon and give up).

Last edited by dmwierz; 10-13-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

OK, I tried selecting the "Wireless Aviator" option, and now at least the aileron control works, but most (if not all) the buttons are mapped in a very odd manner. For example, the hat switch doesn't do anything...what should be the rudder swivels the point of view...the throttles pitch the point of view...surely somebody has put together a guide on how to set up the AV8R-03 PS40 with BOP and the PS3, haven't they?

Also, the D-Pad buttons on the stick seem to be disabled, and the direction toggle on the base is the way to cycle through the normal square triangle, circle and x...

Last edited by dmwierz; 10-13-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Learning...switched to mode M1 and things got much better. Found the "Circle" key on the trigger...still trying to figure out all the other key assignments...anyone have the list of M1-Aviator button functions (where are the R2 and L2?)?

Last edited by dmwierz; 10-13-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

OK, found L2 and R2 on the throttles...looks like these two might be separable, or not? The manual states that in Mode 2, L1 and R1 buttons are the Square and X, but what about Mode 1? The Target camera is supposed to be on L1, correct?
Old 10-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

Not versed in the AV8R but would suggest it's worth doing a custom setup which you'll find in the control options. Sorry best I can suggest.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, mate. I'm slowly but surely working my way through the standard "Wireless Aviator" profile, and am discovering the various buttons by chance. Might try the custom once I get more familiar with the game.

I've discovered a couple button combinations that do things, and would sure appreciate it if anyone has a list of which buttons do which function on the AV8R-03 on the PS3 with BOP.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.
One thing that came after the patch was the ability to set custom mapping to the sticks, everything works well except one button. And that is zoom. I can't remember correctly maybe someone will chime in here but I don't know if the brakes work correctly with this stick or not. Try the search function on the top right of the main forum page. I have this stick but do not use it anymore. Alot of people use the pad with custom av8r setup. But remember when you set mapping button you will loose the zoom.

The control layout does get some getting use to.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for your response. One thing I'm still a bit confused about: when I bring up the "Wireless Aviator" profile, none of the button assignments are listed, which makes me wonder how one does custom mapping, unless I would do one entirely from scratch? Is it not possible to view all the button functions and then change only one or two?
Old 10-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwierz View Post
Thanks for your response. One thing I'm still a bit confused about: when I bring up the "Wireless Aviator" profile, none of the button assignments are listed, which makes me wonder how one does custom mapping, unless I would do one entirely from scratch? Is it not possible to view all the button functions and then change only one or two?
Please check the P-51 Mustang Purist Club forum, there's a detailed explantion on doing the custom setup for the pad, including screenshots.

Works very well, however trk29 is correct, no zoom and brakes, a trade-in most consider worth it.

MAC

PS: Standard Aviator button assignment:

Left Stick: Aileron, Elevator
Push Left Stick: Flaps
Right Stick: Free View
L1/R1: Throttle
L2/R2: Rudders
X Button: Trim
Circle Button: Fire
Triangle Button: Rockets
Square Button: Bombs
Start Button: Map
Select Button: Gear
Start+Select: Options/Pause
Directional Buttons (on left side): Commands to Flight, same as in Standard Layout