Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Default My Impos Mage no loss game, impressions...

I only have Baal to kill now, my impressions of the game are full of praise, very interesting game... My character managed to get to lvl 53 only (i read a few posts by people who reached lvl 65 and i wonder 'how?') but quite challenging.

Loved the storyline, very good - someone who hasn't played The Legend will probably be wondering what is going on with parts of it but it was quite good.

I remember first encountering Gremlion and thinking, this is going to be impossible... But you go away and realise the enormous versatility in how you can prepare for that fight and come back with a winning formula. No Loss games are interesting because you are always thinking about regeneration and the last blow. For me the best unit = Paladins and especially for the no-loss challenge, i did the superbosses with just a single stack of Paladins (stone skin, phantom, calm rage, magic spring).

The artifacts that were offered to me in the game were dissapointing (made it harder), mostly useless - the stacks of buyable units were repeated (i got sick of seeing griffons and the ultra-useless snakes (not royal) - for sale) - but that makes it interesting as well.

For most of the game i used Red Drags, Green Drags, Pals, Inquisitors and Archmages, i thought that Red Drags were the best tanking unit. (It's quite something when a stoneskinned, divine armored red dragon with all the other buffers to att/def and morale thrown in - gets attacked by 30 cyclops and takes about 100 damage).

Next up is Baal, i tried it once (got him down to about 80k, then a group of archdevils halved my solo stack - but now that i think of it - why didn't i timeback?).
Old 08-11-2010, 02:47 AM
Approved Member

And done, no casualties no loss impossible mage winner, 39 days (i could have done it faster but i wanted to do all the quests). Kiting was allowed. Score 1190.

Surprised at how easy the last fight was with just a single stack of paladins, frenzy is an amazingly useful skill (nearly 300 ATT at the end), dealing 14000 damage on Baal per attack. Fight seemed much easier than K'Tahu (but i didn't have frenzy then).

Great Game, cannot wait till the next expansion or new installment. Keep it up with the storyline too, that's important - i heard at the end Baal saying someone summoned him and was granted immortality as a reward - maybe the boss for the next one?
Old 08-14-2010, 12:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minecontrol View Post
And done, no casualties no loss impossible mage winner, 39 days (i could have done it faster but i wanted to do all the quests). Kiting was allowed. Score 1190.

Surprised at how easy the last fight was with just a single stack of paladins, frenzy is an amazingly useful skill (nearly 300 ATT at the end), dealing 14000 damage on Baal per attack. Fight seemed much easier than K'Tahu (but i didn't have frenzy then).

Great Game, cannot wait till the next expansion or new installment. Keep it up with the storyline too, that's important - i heard at the end Baal saying someone summoned him and was granted immortality as a reward - maybe the boss for the next one?
Good Job!

Yes, A lot of learning this game is understanding that 'less is more' sometimes. An army with more troops can be faster and more deadly... but can also be harder to keep alive.