Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

maybe an eurocopter TIGER
Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

It's another Russian game, so you know they're gonna have that hog of a Mi-24... hopefully the Mi-24D Hind-D variant (purest of all the gunship models put together.) Along with the Mi-24PTRK. (It's like a Hind-D but with some modifications to weapon systems and some weapons themselves. Maybe have a Hind-V variant...

Damn Soviet ingenuity and its beauty!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
It's another Russian game, so you know they're gonna have that hog of a Mi-24... hopefully the Mi-24D Hind-D variant (purest of all the gunship models put together.) Along with the Mi-24PTRK. (It's like a Hind-D but with some modifications to weapon systems and some weapons themselves. Maybe have a Hind-V variant...

F**K that!!! Get a good old Huey in their and were laughing!! Couple of rocket pods or side mounted miniguns... all you need!! The sound of those huge rotors to.... epic!!

Keep yer Hind, i'll take the Huey and we can re enact that scene from rambo

Edit - its not a hind in rambo is it?? its that other russian piece of crap haha. Ah well we'll make do with a Huey v Hind

Last edited by FOZ_1983; 07-22-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Hind? do i get to play the afghan mujahideen with the stinger that shot them down like clay pigeons??
Old 07-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
F**K that!!! Get a good old Huey in their and were laughing!! Couple of rocket pods or side mounted miniguns... all you need!! The sound of those huge rotors to.... epic!!

Edit - its not a hind in rambo is it?? its that other russian piece of crap haha. Ah well we'll make do with a Huey v Hind
Well it was meant to be a hind but it was just a Puma dolled up to look like one. Same truck was used in Rambo 3 but they also threw in a dolled up gazelle for a bit of spice.
It was always the same back in the 70s and 80s. I remember first time I saw a real Hind in a film in mid 90s it was a big event
Old 07-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I don't think there were actually any variants of a Huey with air-to-air missiles. (Yes, Soviets actually toyed and were partially successful with air-to-air missiles on their Hinds.) But I'm pretty sure with the Hind's side mounted guns (Hind-Ds had them for infantry support) along with their four rocket pods, twin 12.7mm guns in the nose (or later with the 30mm cannon), and their rocket pods would decimate any Huey you sent its way? And yes, it's a Hind in the Rambo movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
Hind? do i get to play the afghan mujahideen with the stinger that shot them down like clay pigeons??
As for that, I'm not sure? Maybe ask Osama how it was using US Stingers. Or maybe how it was dealing with Hind's before the US had to stick their nose in Soviet business.

Last edited by Soviet Ace; 07-22-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I don't think there were actually any variants of a Huey with air-to-air missiles. (Yes, Soviets actually toyed and were partially successful with air-to-air missiles on their Hinds.) But I'm pretty sure with the Hind's side mounted guns (Hind-Ds had them for infantry support) along with their four rocket pods, twin 12.7mm guns in the nose (or later with the 30mm cannon), and their rocket pods would decimate any Huey you sent its way? And yes, it's a Hind in the Rambo movies.

As for that, I'm not sure? Maybe ask Osama how it was using US Stingers. Or maybe how it was dealing with Hind's before the US had to stick their nose in Soviet business.
A Huey would last about 5 seconds up against a Hind. The hinds were not deployed in their correct role in Afganistan. They were tank hunters, which is not a good role against a militia force with no tanks
Old 07-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
A Huey would last about 5 seconds up against a Hind. The hinds were not deployed in their correct role in Afganistan. They were tank hunters, which is not a good role against a militia force with no tanks
I think were kind of missing the point i was making here... it was a bit of fun fella's, to try and rile soviet a little and mention the scene in rambo where he fires the AT4 through the window of the huey and shoots down the "hind" which in the film clearly doesnt look anything like a hind... observation haha.

I think its safe to say that a huey would get slaughtered by a hind... but i'd like one in a helicopter game anyway, just to hear the mighty thumping sound of the engine if anything
Old 07-23-2010, 05:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I think its safe to say that a huey would get slaughtered by a hind... but i'd like one in a helicopter game anyway, just to hear the mighty thumping sound of the engine if anything
There's only about 20 years of development seperating the 2. Might as well put a Hurricane up against an F-104

But I agree that any hellicopter combat game needs a Huey, if only for the sound of that big 2 bladed rotor.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwookie View Post
Well they were tank and people hunters. Most of the Hind's in Afghanistan though, were equipped more for attacking ground forces than actually tanks, but they just didn't have the ability to combat their Stinger foe. Basically any helicopter is susceptible to an enemy missile or rocket launcher. Like the use of RPG-7s in Somalia in the 90s against the Black Hawks or in Vietnam during the 60s-70s against Hueys. Transport/Gunships just don't quite cut it, but do good as they can get troops in and out of hot zones pretty fast. (That's why they had Air Cav.)

Quote:
I think were kind of missing the point i was making here... it was a bit of fun fella's, to try and rile soviet a little and mention the scene in rambo where he fires the AT4 through the window of the huey and shoots down the "hind" which in the film clearly doesnt look anything like a hind... observation haha.

I got it, and like always I have to bring in the big guns and show off what Soviet ingenuity has to offer against your Capitalist scrap metal.

As for the game, they could always add the Russian Ka-50s. They're the helicopters that have one pilot, kinda look like a Russian Cobra or Apache.