Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
1. Online protocol is different to Il-2 code. Dedicaded server is also different. There are new solutions tha I would tell now for all. The limit of players amount is defined only by traffic. We will see how many will be ossible to open (limit) later. But probably 128 will be in intial release (with some limit of trafer data such as skins, that are large, etc).
Uhmmm, interesting. This would bring for me an small request/wish.

It would be ver usefull if you add a pdf document stablishing recomendations for number of players, bandwidth and transfer limitation such skins, missions, pilot faces, and so on. I think it would be useful for virtual squadron for setting multiplayer options according to the number of people and connections presents, and know if they can use download skins, or not, the same with the mission itself and so on.
Anyway, its something very low on the priority.

Thanks for listening to all of us, and sharing all this update and development stages.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Oleg, did you see my question? :

Oleg, you say the AI will be more human; but will they be right or left handed? I say this, because it is a tendency for (IIRC) right-handed people to tend to look over the left shoulder, and the opposite for left-handed people. Consequently, seeing as though the majority of people are right-handed, some pilots chose to come in close to some enemy planes slightly to the right side, so that if the enemy pilot looked behind him , he wouldn't see the attacking A/C. It worked quite successfully in some cases, depending on the attacking planes position. I'd love to see this modelled in SoW
Old 03-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post

Oleg, you say the AI will be more human; but will they be right or left handed? I say this, because it is a tendency for (IIRC) right-handed people to tend to look over the left shoulder, and the opposite for left-handed people. Consequently, seeing as though the majority of people are right-handed, some pilots chose to come in close to some enemy planes slightly to the right side, so that if the enemy pilot looked behind him , he wouldn't see the attacking A/C. It worked quite successfully in some cases, depending on the attacking planes position. I'd love to see this modelled in SoW
Is this actually based on a real life study?
I only ask as I am ambidextrous.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb4 View Post
Is this actually based on a real life study?
I only ask as I am ambidextrous.
I wish I knew. I have read it before though; and when I did, realised it was true! as I am right handed.

Basically, in Derek Robinsons Piece of Cake, there is a point in the novel when the squadron assembles for a photo-shoot. As the camera is aobut to go off, a policeman fires a gun behind them and they all turn to look. The photograhper, purposely, captures the shot at this time. When viewing the photo, the pilots see that most of them (bar a few) looked over their left shoulder, and those that didn't were left-handed. I'd be interested though if this was true, but I have no doubt that such knowledge existed at the time, and so was put to good use
Old 03-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Approved Member

Since 3D TVs are released from Samsung and Panasonic, is it possible to play SOW in 3D with these TVs? Is it supported any idea?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
We using the code of trees that we bought from third party.
Would this be SpeedTree? Some pretty impressive stuff can be done with this from what I've seen!
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited by Necrobaron; 04-26-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrobaron View Post
Would this be SpeedTree? Some pretty impressive stuff can be done with this from what I've seen!
Yes, their basic code and our modifications. We need to make more large distance of view with the high quality using this code.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabetheace View Post
Since 3D TVs are released from Samsung and Panasonic, is it possible to play SOW in 3D with these TVs? Is it supported any idea?
It will be depending of graphics card - we don't need to do anything special for this purpose really... Any 3D game could be viewed with 3D glasses if the video card split process of 3D render for both eyes separatelly.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post

No. equal. more effect in "behaviour" would have torgue really, comparing with this...
And this would be in counterpart with the some of tacticks in attacks of bombers really...
maybe it is in mind of some people, but in real life - this would play real role probably for foil fencer or epee fencer

As for me - right or left - doesn't mater... I was born with left... then in kindergarden - oriented on the right hand (so stupid situation was).... and now I can use both almost similar and completely similar say for shooting...

Last edited by Oleg Maddox; 03-10-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Smile

Thank you, for taking the time to answer all our questions!

I love all the little details you implemented coming together to something even better than most of us are expecting.

I'd just like to see the big smile on your face in these "Of course I know, but I won't tell you now"-moments