Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

Let me elucidate on crit % real quick, in case it wasn't obvious. Each unit, when doing a retaliation or normal attack has a chance to get a critical hit for additional damage. This total damage of a crit is equal to 150% of the upper number on the units damage range. For instance, a fire spider that does 4-5 damage will crit for 7.5 damage.

Just like how you can take an average on the base damage (4-5 averages to 4.5) you can also factor into that average the potential crit damage. A firespider has a crit rate of 15% (If I remember correctly). So it has a 15% chance to go from 4.5, to 7.5 damage. Or, to state it better, a 15% chance to do 3 more damage on average. So we'll simply add that into the average, and say it does .15*3+4.5 damage, or 4.95 damage on average.

That is the number you should use before doing your attack vs defense calculations. Since some untis (dryads) do crits very rarely (5% of the time) and others(bears) very often (25% of the time) it is a non trivial calculation.

Note that I quoted the exact damage and crit rates above off the top of my head, and could be wrong on the particulars, though I am sure of the process.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
30% dodge chance though, after 30% of their health is gone. That's a pretty decent effect right there.
Shit, I totally forgot about the dodge chance. I still think that even with a 30% dmg reduction the Bowmen would win. With a no-retaliation shot + the retaliation blow, the archers already did approx 1.5 dmg each round. Removing 30% dmg would even the odds. But at the time Swordsmen reaches 70% troops the Bowmen would be in the lead hp-wise. In this particular battle where the luck factor is so great Swordsmen will win occasionally. But mostly not.

I didn't make accurate calculations on crit dmg. Mostly because I'm not a math student and because I was lazy.
Bowmen have 10% cance of increasing dmg with 2,5 points on every shot except the first 2, and by 1.25 on every retaliation blow. Swordmen have 8% chance of increasing dmg with 3 points on 2 out of 3 attacks. Numbers seems pretty close.

I do however agree that it can be a mayor factor in some battles. The Royal snake for instance will increase dmg from 8 to 15, 25% of the times. Average dmg goes from 8 to 10.25 for the Royal Snakes. The strike only do 9,5 dmg, so its simply better to use normal attacks unless poisoning is dying out and you need the 100% certainty to reactivate it. This Gran Slam will properly show, why they are so commonly used by a lot of players.
Polar bears and furious goblins are also going to gain a lot from their high crit chance and large dmg intervals. (Polar Bears average 17 - crit 33, 30% of the times- Furious Goblins Average 5 - crit 10,5, 20% of the times)

Last edited by KongMysen; 03-06-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Let me elucidate on crit % real quick, in case it wasn't obvious. Each unit, when doing a retaliation or normal attack has a chance to get a critical hit for additional damage. This total damage of a crit is equal to 150% of the upper number on the units damage range. For instance, a fire spider that does 4-5 damage will crit for 7.5 damage.

Just like how you can take an average on the base damage (4-5 averages to 4.5) you can also factor into that average the potential crit damage. A firespider has a crit rate of 15% (If I remember correctly). So it has a 15% chance to go from 4.5, to 7.5 damage. Or, to state it better, a 15% chance to do 3 more damage on average. So we'll simply add that into the average, and say it does .15*3+4.5 damage, or 4.95 damage on average.

That is the number you should use before doing your attack vs defense calculations. Since some untis (dryads) do crits very rarely (5% of the time) and others(bears) very often (25% of the time) it is a non trivial calculation.

Note that I quoted the exact damage and crit rates above off the top of my head, and could be wrong on the particulars, though I am sure of the process.
I haven't consider crit chance, is there any match-up you think they'll be ending differently if crit factor would be consider?

I can calculate the outcome if so.

About further calculations, what is the % of creatures summoned for the "summon2" spell used by the units with summoning ability? Cause for the second half of the table there's some summoner and I'm stuck!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:36 AM
Approved Member

The Demonologists will summon troops worth 52-105 for each units.
That means an average of 75% and 7500 leadership for the first cast. Still there is such a huge difference between the units summoned.

Druids will summon troops with a total healt of 20-25 HP pr. unit.
That equals 2000-2500HP for 10.000 leadership of druids summoning

Dryads summons thorns worth 8-10 leadership. pr. unit which equals 40-50% of total leadership. 4000-5000 leadership when cast with an unharmed troop.

1 Royal thorn may summon troops woth 150-300 leadership. On average it's 225 leadership which equals 59%.
10.000 Leadership Royal Thorns will summon 5900 leadership smaller thorns

Hayterants lays an egg with 50% leadership
Choshas summons 80 leadership Gobots. That equals 36,4%. 10.000 leadership means 3636 leadershop Gobots.

Royal Griffins summons 150 leadership Angelic Guards each. That's 50% and 10.000 leadership Griffins will summon 5000 leadership Guards.

Demons summon troops worth 90 leadership each. That equals 30% or 3000 leadership for a full stack. Like the Demonologists its really a matter of luck what you get.

I hope that includes everyone. Note that i wrote HP on the druid summon. That's not a mistake

Last edited by KongMysen; 03-09-2010 at 04:38 AM.