Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Default The Red lights of Doom....

My 60gb PS3 is bricked

I've got the flashing red light error. MW2 is stuck in the drive, and I'm on my last account activation (with approximately £250 worth of PSN downloads that I may have to repay for)

And, worse than all that, I've got no backup for my IL-2 files.

Luckily I signed up for the continuous play insurance policy, before Sony cancelled it (And i've been paying £5 a month, so the bastards better honour the policy!) so I should get a refurb PS3 in a few days... although I haven't made the call yet, so its hard to say.

Here's the big question though: Would anyone be able to sent me there IL-2 game files, so I don't have to unlock everything again. (preferably someone who doesn't have the DLC, as i've heard that can cause issues.). It would be very much appreciated!

Anyway, looks like I'll miss the start of the tournament, so I hope it all goes well
Old 01-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhah View Post
My 60gb PS3 is bricked

I've got the flashing red light error. MW2 is stuck in the drive, and I'm on my last account activation (with approximately £250 worth of PSN downloads that I may have to repay for)

And, worse than all that, I've got no backup for my IL-2 files.

Luckily I signed up for the continuous play insurance policy, before Sony cancelled it (And i've been paying £5 a month, so the bastards better honour the policy!) so I should get a refurb PS3 in a few days... although I haven't made the call yet, so its hard to say.

Here's the big question though: Would anyone be able to sent me there IL-2 game files, so I don't have to unlock everything again. (preferably someone who doesn't have the DLC, as i've heard that can cause issues.). It would be very much appreciated!

Anyway, looks like I'll miss the start of the tournament, so I hope it all goes well
whats the continuous play policy?
btw if they dont honor that i sugest a trip to the court
also its the yellow light of death a red light means its in standby
Old 01-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Approved Member

maybe, it works.
my last disc was 9 weeks on *journey*, after i send my ps3 back to repair.

look at the cheat-pages for il2-save games. but i think, u cant copy it.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Ill forward a copy of the save data to you. you will have to start again if you want to platnum it. PM me your email.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
whats the continuous play policy?
btw if they dont honor that i sugest a trip to the court
also its the yellow light of death a red light means its in standby
Continuous play was an insurance policy that you could get for your PS3 after the warranty ran out.. basically, it gives you the same cover as under the warranty, but you have to pay a fiver for it per month. Problem is that people were abusing the policy, so sony stopped people joining it in June, but will honour the existing agreements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGERSIX78 View Post

maybe, it works.
my last disc was 9 weeks on *journey*, after i send my ps3 back to repair.

look at the cheat-pages for il2-save games. but i think, u cant copy it.
Thanks for the link mate, but no luck with that trick. Looks like It'll be a 9 week wait before I can play MW2 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
Ill forward a copy of the save data to you. you will have to start again if you want to platnum it. PM me your email.
Cheers dude, I owe you one.. I'll send you a PM with my email address. Not worried about trophys and stuff, all I want is to be able to play properly in the tournament. Really appreciate that mate, thanks.

Anyway, just tried heating it up with a hairdryer for 15 minutes, then cooling it with a fan. Apparently that can sometimes re-animate the thing for an hour or so, but no joy. And, due to the crap weather we're having, Sony can't garauntee a replacement PS3 before next Friday (at the earliest)
They seem to be quite cool about account activations and sending the game back, so i'm going to cut my losses I think......
Old 01-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

Man down. Unlucky dude.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Approved Member

how long u had urs? cos i have a 60 but i have no insurance or anything
Old 01-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhah View Post
My 60gb PS3 is bricked

You can download all your PSN stuff on 5 different PS3's. You'll be fine.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX-SiLeNcE-Xx View Post
You can download all your PSN stuff on 5 different PS3's. You'll be fine.
After speaking to my brother, it turns out that he activated my account on 2 other PS3's (His kids), both of which were either broken by accident, or broke down. He also reckons that he tried activating my account on his new PS3, but It won't allow it. So, that means 4 definite activations, and one possible one that I don't know about. But, as long as Sony will deactivate the account from my bricked PS3, then it should be cool. (I hope!)

I've learnt an important lesson though: Don't give your account details to anyone!