Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 12-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

Default Panther vs Tiger

After my IS-2's frontal armour being instantly penetrated by the Panther, and also conducting various field tests, the Panther seems to be superior to the Tiger. How is this?

Edit: Ah nvm, found the other thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...panther,+tiger

Last edited by SDFarsight; 12-15-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Approved Member

Tiger Tank Sucks ^_^

Panther is 100% the best of its kind the tiger is very weak !!! in this game O_O
Old 12-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

I was curious about which tank was stronger in a head to head match so I used two computers with my LAN. I started the Panther and the Tiger at 150 meters. I had each fire at the upper hull of the other. I would move them up 10 meters to have them fire at each other again. I alternated which tank fired first. The Tiger won the match at 110 meters! It did lose it's tracks twice while the Panther only had it's track broken once. I only tried this once. I will need to try it about ten times to get a reasonable conclusion. Maybe the Tiger got lucky?
Old 12-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Could you do a video this sounds amazing !!!
Old 12-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

I don't have the software to make a movie. It is fun to do as I have to direct control each tank. A movie would be great. I'll let you know the results of my test.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:26 AM
Registered Member

I completed the field testing. The Panther wins in the head to head matches. It can penetrate the Tiger's front hull at 115 meters while the Tiger must be at 110 meters to do the same. From the side the Tiger wins at 140 meters vs the Panther's 130m. From the rear, the Tiger wins at 145m while the Panther is close at 140 meters. It looks very close to me. The Panther is faster but even more importantly, it has a third more fuel and is more economical over the same distance. It looks like the Panther wins to me. The only problem I have with it, is that the AI tends to make foolish mistakes with it. It always seems to turn it's rear towards an anti-tank weapon. Is this my bad luck or have others experienced this?
Old 12-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Approved Member

...wrong topic...

Last edited by [SOE]No.Mam; 12-19-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:29 AM
Approved Member

IDK exactly how this game does it but if it is even remotely close to realistic the Panther vs Tiger thing, the Panther should win more often. While the Tiger might have the awesome 88mm gun the Panther has much better armor so its able to take the hits better. The Panther has a higher velocity 75mm vs the Tiger I's not as good armor. The Tiger armor and its 88mm gun was really only super superior to the Allied tanks which had craptastically low armor and poor low velocity guns
Old 01-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

True