Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

Default Call of Colossus

Can anyone run through how to change what troops you get from these things, and for that matter what troops you can get. I'm trying to get red dragons, but I've had no luck so far. I've tried the scroll on every island I have access to, which basically meant a quicksave before travelling, travelling, using the scroll, reloading, and trying again with a different island. Am I doing it right and just having abysmal luck, or is there some other way to manipulate the outcome?
Old 12-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

yes, u can. use spider egg,snake egg or drgonfly egg to change the result
Old 12-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

What do you mean you can do it with eggs ?
can you explain how to do it ?
Old 12-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

What he means:

1. Use any egg. It will spawn a new creature.
2. Then use the scroll of Call Colossus. You will receive something else.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

Changing maps also resets this. I usually save the game, go into cave try, reload if I don't like it, then enter the cave and exit, try again, enter exit enter and try, and so on.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

Hmmm... I may have found a hidden requirement for the spell. I tried all the tips you guys posted, but still wasn't getting any red dragons. Then I had a thought - not only was I not getting red dragons, I also hadn't gotten any green ones, the two level five troops that are in my army. I decided to try temporarily ditching my red dragons in a castle, and sure enough a few reloads and uses of call of colossus later, I had 11 brand new red dragons.

I think that the spell can only summon units you don't have in your army.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryastar View Post
Hmmm... I may have found a hidden requirement for the spell. I tried all the tips you guys posted, but still wasn't getting any red dragons. Then I had a thought - not only was I not getting red dragons, I also hadn't gotten any green ones, the two level five troops that are in my army. I decided to try temporarily ditching my red dragons in a castle, and sure enough a few reloads and uses of call of colossus later, I had 11 brand new red dragons.

I think that the spell can only summon units you don't have in your army.
Nice find, good to know I guess
Old 12-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Registered Member

I found the same thing in my testing. I could not get more of a unit I already had even if in reserve.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

My god, it all makes sense now. Having an army I was running around with, that had 6 different level 5 units in it, and I *never* could manage to get a resupply stack to help me out, it was frustrating! Now I just need to drop the ones I want off at a castle, and go elsewhere.