Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

Default Cannot run 4.09m in Win7 32bit.

4.07 runs OK and updating to 4.08m no problem. Game runs OK both with CD and nocd file.

Updating to 4.09m and game won’t run with or without nocd patch. With CD I get the disk icon for a few seconds and then nothing.

Installed in C:\games\il2\. Tried to run in XP comp mode and as admin to no avail.

Regards

Viking
Old 11-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
4.07 runs OK and updating to 4.08m no problem. Game runs OK both with CD and nocd file.

Updating to 4.09m and game won’t run with or without nocd patch. With CD I get the disk icon for a few seconds and then nothing.

Installed in C:\games\il2\. Tried to run in XP comp mode and as admin to no avail.

Regards

Viking
It happened to others too... It seems to be a problem with missing sfs files after patching and/or missing dll files.

Try reinstall and check archives for problems.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Many times!

I have reinstalled 5 times and tried with different ideas eg defragged between each patch.
Everything is OK untill I update with 4.09m.

What to do?

Do you have a differnt nocd crack?

Regards

Viking
Old 11-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

unfortunately is not about the no CD

I can't link to helping forums due to some rules...

use google... he's still friendly .
Old 11-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaelu View Post
unfortunately is not about the no CD

I can't link to helping forums due to some rules...

use google... he's still friendly .
Sooo... How about a message?

Regards

Viking

EDIT; Problem solved with "new" mg_snd.dll and mg_snd_see.dll files!

Last edited by Viking; 11-28-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Problem solved!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Viking, have you read this whole thread? I believe your problem is linked to the new .dll files that 4.09 comes with. These files don't work with everybody's PC. You need to replace them with older ones.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Has anyone even tried the Full mission builder? you load a map, then exit, then go back into full mission builder and try to load another map and it minimises to desktop and you have to task switch to desktop then back to the game to get the map to load.

Also, If you then try to load any mission at all after using the FMB the same happens again, and you have to task switch around to desktop then the game to get it running.

This is getting very annoying now keeping doing this every 10 minutes, making missions is now extremely frustrating. 408m never had this problem. worked perfect no bugs whatsoever.

Can anyone tell me if they have tried it or am i the only person with this problem?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

Default Prob with old dll or all 4.09m?

Running the track”P51 vs. V1” the V1 now flies 50m on the left side of the P51!
Regards
Viking
Old 12-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

Hi, has anyone tried the full mission builder out yet? im still having the problem, for past few weeks, left a note here, a few times explaining my woes.

Im not playing IL2 anymore at the moment, as i tend to use the full mission builder, build my own missions and fly them online as co-ops. So this means i cant really play it anymore as i used to. So is there anyone out there that could please put me out my misery and tell me if it works for them, so i can work on if i have some incompatibility.

Thanks.
Shrike
Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike_UK View Post
Has anyone even tried the Full mission builder? you load a map, then exit, then go back into full mission builder and try to load another map and it minimises to desktop and you have to task switch to desktop then back to the game to get the map to load.

Also, If you then try to load any mission at all after using the FMB the same happens again, and you have to task switch around to desktop then the game to get it running.

This is getting very annoying now keeping doing this every 10 minutes, making missions is now extremely frustrating. 408m never had this problem. worked perfect no bugs whatsoever.

Can anyone tell me if they have tried it or am i the only person with this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike_UK View Post
Hi, has anyone tried the full mission builder out yet? im still having the problem, for past few weeks, left a note here, a few times explaining my woes.

Im not playing IL2 anymore at the moment, as i tend to use the full mission builder, build my own missions and fly them online as co-ops. So this means i cant really play it anymore as i used to. So is there anyone out there that could please put me out my misery and tell me if it works for them, so i can work on if i have some incompatibility.

Thanks.
Shrike
All working fine here v408m & v409m

Make sure you don't have any running processes trying to switch to desktop apart from IL2 of course.