Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Hey Anton & Co. thanks...

Thanks for the DLC guys. There's so much negative stuff being said about it I felt like maybe there should be a positive thread about it. Just one question, do you still have to unlock the Ta-152 in the PS3 version? I down loaded it but it's not available. No one seems to have a definitive answer on this as yet. Again, thanks
Old 10-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker126 View Post
Thanks for the DLC guys. There's so much negative stuff being said about it I felt like maybe there should be a positive thread about it. Just one question, do you still have to unlock the Ta-152 in the PS3 version? I down loaded it but it's not available. No one seems to have a definitive answer on this as yet. Again, thanks
Yep, definately a lot of negativity going around. I wonder about the Ta as well. I certainly haven't seen it, and people have talked like it isn't on the PS3 DLC at all. I would probably never use it, but it still seems a bit unfair to get less content than the exact same DLC on the other system.

As for the positives...the P-47 is a lot of fun. Lots of armor, lots of guns, over 3000 lbs of explosives between its rockets and bombs, and enough speed to outrun most anything short of a K-4 or the 190s. I know me and the people I fly with were having a lot of fun with the Jug in Strike and CTA the other night. Had a few people on the other team afraid to even try and land by the time that match was done =P

That plane is a beast. Its just a slab of armor with an engine and guns strapped to it, lol. I know our boom and zoom pilots were having a lot of fun too. I'll probably stick with the 109 G-6 or F-4 for a straight up dogfight, but I can still see lots of fun uses for the Jug. That thing is great at IL and Bomber busting too. If the fifty-cals don't get them, the rockets will.

Last edited by RCfalcon; 10-09-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Found the quote I mentioned in the other thread concerning the Ta here: "EDIT:Ta-152H-1 default Kill 100 planes in Online games on FW series planes or download title update and win once."
Old 10-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

I don't know about the PS3, but the P47 seems to me to be insanely fast, but maneuvers like a brick. The Ta-152, regardless of altitude, is slow and also flies like a brick. I realize it was originally designed as a high altitude bomber interceptor, but even at 30,000ft, it's turn radius is huge, and it takes very minimal control input to throw it into a stall, so forget dogging with it, ever. It doesn't have the get up and go to boom and zoom, nor the ability to respond to control input. The ability to zoom climb is not there, and by the time it hits 315mph (not kph, I've my settings in mph), it's shaking like you just put a Sopwith Camel in a full throttle nose dive.
I did forget; thanks for the content. I'm happy with it overall, the missions were much fun.

Last edited by JesterMob6; 10-09-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Seraph View Post
Found the quote I mentioned in the other thread concerning the Ta here: "EDIT:Ta-152H-1 default Kill 100 planes in Online games on FW series planes or download title update and win once."
Ah, so it's the title update needed, then. Oh well, guess I'll keep grinding and I'll get it either sooner or later. Just seems weird that it's available off the bat for Xbox Live.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker126 View Post
Ah, so it's the title update needed, then. Oh well, guess I'll keep grinding and I'll get it either sooner or later. Just seems weird that it's available off the bat for Xbox Live.
The easiest way I found was to hunt bombers in the FW series. I came out of one game with 28 kills