Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

Default Error occurred. Press ok to return to start screen

Hi All,

I am getting desperate. I bought IL-2 for the xbox 360. Four times out five I start a mission or play online, I get the above error and the game restarts. This happens when it loads the mission start screen or the mission end stats screen. It has happened once during a game when I opened the friends tab.

A lot of ground objects like ships, artillery positions and tanks, and also the pilots (in third view) get messed up colorwise (pink and green).
I tried installing the game to the hard disk several times, but with this approach, the xbox freezes every time I start the game from the disk.

This error occurs even if the hard disk is not plugged into the xbox. Hence, it is not disk related issue like caching.

I recently replaced the laser on the cd and it plays other highly scratched disks like my COD4 disk without problem.

I have extra ventilation fans on the outside to help cooling and replaced the xclamps with another kit to help cooling but to no avail.

I exchanged the original disk but the second one has the same problem.

This is the only game I have problems with. I have had no issues at all with any other game. The frustrating part is when you have completed a mission and just before it displays the stats it restarts. I have to keep repeating missions 3-4 times to complete them. Also, I have to wait 5-15 minutes online and when the game starts, it is the error screen all over.

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

I've had this error a couple of times, but never as bad as you. However, it seems to be an XBOX related issue, more than an IL2 problem. Still Anton or a developer might have an answer for it. There is a developer's forum for IL2 as well, you should try posting it there too. Here's the link:
http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showforum=7
My advice would be to contact Microsoft, and in a worst case scenario see if you can return it to your dealer to get a new one.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Approved Member

Get a new disc, Its most likely a faulty cd
Old 09-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Ancient Seraph,

This is my fourth (yep) 360. Previously, I have also owned 3 old xboxes (black). Seems to be a piece of garbage. The xbox is out of warranty. I will post the same message over at the dev forums and see if I get an answer.

Skull,
I did get a replacement disc but this one is faulty as well, but then again, they could have come out of the same batch.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

Get a Ps3
Old 09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullblits View Post
Get a Ps3
Yes! Because crappy online gaming should cost €200,- more!!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Approved Member

Errr you clearly dont have a clue
Old 09-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

chill ladies!!

A lot of peopel are having this issue. Though not 4 times out of 5!!

I've had it a couple of times and today a couple of guys in my party both had it for the first time....DURING the same game (trying to join). So im thinking ti could be any number of things... connection to hosting player? nat settings? anything really. Surely it couldnt be the disk if 9/10 people are getting it at some point.

Hope you get it sorted mate.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Foz.

Since I get this error so frequently, I volunteer if the devs want to troubleshoot this issue. The problem happens in single player too, not just online.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:36 AM
71st_Mastiff

on PS3 and not one issue it could be XBOX and its ATI graphics?
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc