Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

Default Stalingrad Bombing Difficulty...

Hey fellers...

I'm looking for any advice on how to nail these tiny tanks that are nestled amongst all the trees and houses in the Russian Campaign "Deep Cover(?)" mission? My map shows me 2-3(I can't even tell they're so small) tiny life bars on my map but I don't seem to be hitting the right tanks. The mission times out and I fail every time. Do I have to demolish those specific tanks or does the mission require an overall number of bombed tanks(like 10 or more)?

Thanks...
Old 09-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

unfortunately the only way to complete some of those missions is to hit the right tanks , so any number wont really work

the best thing to do is hop on realistic , spot the tanks , remember the surrounding landmarks , and go back to simulation and try again
Old 09-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the help Guilty......tried again last night and still no good. The sad part is, I was trying this on arcade! It seems like it takes 3-5 bombs to knock out some of these tanks and even THEN I can't tell if I'm hitting the right ones on the clusterEFFed map!!!

And so my campaign ends 6 missions in! Hahaa!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Dive bomb them, do not try from level flight. Dive bombing ensures accuracy. Plus only release your bombs when the targeter turns red, this means its a dead on hit if released. Also if you have them USE ROCKETS! On arcade rockets auto-aim when fired in the general direction of a target.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexandro View Post
Dive bomb them, do not try from level flight. Dive bombing ensures accuracy. Plus only release your bombs when the targeter turns red, this means its a dead on hit if released. Also if you have them USE ROCKETS! On arcade rockets auto-aim when fired in the general direction of a target.
^ this.

Also, do a slow overflight before bombing and look for muzzle flashes.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

Okay, on arcade mode this mission is easy.
You start Northwest of Stalingrad, clear the phony airfields then head for the waypoint that starts the Stalingrad part of the mission.
The mission objective states something like; "Destroy the vehicles in the STREETS of Stalingrad".
Look at this map:

http://bl-libg-doghill.ads.iu.edu/gm...d1941-full.gif

Most of the streets in Stalingrad run along the Northwest bank of the river Volga, concentrate your fire in these streets between the warehouses along the river front. Use rockets and highlight targets with the wingman attack icon.
One strafing/bombing run down, turn around, and one up should do the trick.
Then you'll get a mission update telling you to haul-ass Northward up the Volga River, stay under 200 feet, make it to a secret airfield without being detected and land.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

this level is a pain on simulator it's so hard to find the targets.

a vehicle in a field is easy enough but in the dense streets its a nightmare.,
Old 09-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

Almost all the missions on simulator are a pain, sometimes I think I'd rather flog myself with a barbed wire whip.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

This mission was also a pain in the Goat's butt. It is the ONLY mission in the whole game that I had to drop down to realistic and then come back again to simulator. There are a couple of target tanks in the open fields right out of the city. All you need to do is kill one tank on simulator mode. It took me a while, but I finally beat it.

Still, I think out of the campaign, that was the most frustrating mission.

Now some of the single missions were MUCH more frustrating to me... But I'll save that for a later rant.