Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Approved Member

Default Improve your aiming/marksman skills

EDIT: The info in this first post is outdated. Disregard the convergences you see here. After more testing I'll post my new recommendations later in the thread.

Before I scare away people with some more complicated stuff, here's a picture:

Now, something more complicated:

This are the harmonization and gun convergences for the P-51 mustang.
  • No.1 guns converge at 1,000 feet / at sight line (inboard)
  • No.2 guns converge at 1,100 feet / 11 inches below sight line (middle)
  • No.3 guns converge at 1,200 feet / 18 inches above sight line (outboard)

From that you can see that the guns not only don't meet at the same convergence horizontally, but not even vertically.

I managed to model .303 caliber bullet trajectories in one of my CAD programs, and I tried to copy the same pattern seen in the P-51 charts. This harmonization pattern is there for a reason, it's not as simple as setting a one point convergence.

Spitfire/Hurricane convergences in the picture should greatly improve kill/damage probabilities for pilots that are not excellent marksmen.

I do not have a joystick at the moment so I need volunteers to test this out.
Preferably pilots who are flying online for a while now, and know their kill ratio and skill level. To see if there will be any improvement.

I put this in the main forum so that as many people as possible see it, because it should really make things easier for the average pilot reading through the front page mainly.

150 yards harmonization, and more advanced patterns coming up..

Last edited by hegykc; 11-07-2012 at 06:10 AM.