Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Default Enjoying Multiplayer

I've only done a few flights in multiplayer and I've found them very immersive especially in the full real servers. The last mission I flew with the AI sound off and never had a sound issue. I selected a 109 and a field near Calais. The engine start procedure, adjusting the prop pitch, mixture, rads, checking map with the terrain, scanning the sky for bogie's keeps you very busy.

To the south I spotted a couple of formations of I presume AI bombers who must have just hit the ships and chased them across the channel, over Folkstone, did a quick pass to make sure they were enemy Blen's. The tracers arcing toward my cockpit was another clue. Managed to shoot down one and heavily damaged another, but decide to save my ammo for the trip back home.

On the way back I flew toward Calais to cover our convoy. I might be able to jump someone attacking the ships. Nearing the convoy, the flak started up announcing the presence of the enemy. I scanned the sky's for the enemy, but never seen the aircraft, until tracers were passing over and into my aircraft. I was the one being jumped, dam^ my old eyes. Tried some evasive maneuvers, but still couldn't pick up the enemy on my six, except for a fleeting moment, but it was far to late. Another easy kill for the enemy.

Now I have to get Ventrillo working so that I can join the others in more coordinated defenses and attacks, also there will be great flyer's with better eyes than I, but mostly so I can start screaming like a little girl for help.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip