Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Enjoying Multiplayer (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=24790)

Chivas 07-22-2011 06:15 PM

Enjoying Multiplayer

I've only done a few flights in multiplayer and I've found them very immersive especially in the full real servers. The last mission I flew with the AI sound off and never had a sound issue. I selected a 109 and a field near Calais. The engine start procedure, adjusting the prop pitch, mixture, rads, checking map with the terrain, scanning the sky for bogie's keeps you very busy.

To the south I spotted a couple of formations of I presume AI bombers who must have just hit the ships and chased them across the channel, over Folkstone, did a quick pass to make sure they were enemy Blen's. The tracers arcing toward my cockpit was another clue. Managed to shoot down one and heavily damaged another, but decide to save my ammo for the trip back home.

On the way back I flew toward Calais to cover our convoy. I might be able to jump someone attacking the ships. Nearing the convoy, the flak started up announcing the presence of the enemy. I scanned the sky's for the enemy, but never seen the aircraft, until tracers were passing over and into my aircraft. I was the one being jumped, dam^ my old eyes. Tried some evasive maneuvers, but still couldn't pick up the enemy on my six, except for a fleeting moment, but it was far to late. Another easy kill for the enemy.

Now I have to get Ventrillo working so that I can join the others in more coordinated defenses and attacks, also there will be great flyer's with better eyes than I, but mostly so I can start screaming like a little girl for help.

Ze-Jamz 07-22-2011 06:44 PM

lol...nice post

BigPickle 07-22-2011 07:06 PM

In case you get sound bug, turn off all trees

Chivas 07-22-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPickle (Post 313341)
In case you get sound bug, turn off all trees

I did get the sound bug in some earlier missions. Turning trees off did work, but I believe SYN-Bliss mentioned that turning off AI sound also worked. I turned Trees back on and turned off AI sound and never had a sound issue that way either. For now I'll just leave the AI sound off as I could never understand them anyway. :)

SlipBall 07-22-2011 07:23 PM

The engine start procedure, adjusting the prop pitch, mixture, rads, checking map with the terrain, scanning the sky for bogie's keeps you very busy.

When I think back to the opposition heard here and else-wear, to this sim being more of a sim. I wish that the devs had gone even further, because people enjoy a challenge when presented to them.:o...Oleg didn't agree

robtek 07-22-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlipBall (Post 313353)
The engine start procedure, adjusting the prop pitch, mixture, rads, checking map with the terrain, scanning the sky for bogie's keeps you very busy.

When I think back to the opposition heard here and else-wear, to this sim being more of a sim. I wish that the devs had gone even further, because people enjoy a challenge when presented to them.:o...Oleg didn't agree

I'll drink to that!!! (hic!)

Really, i'd like every switch, button and lever fullfill its RL-function.

In my dreams we could even have civilian planes of the 30's, 40's and 50's filling the skys, in the approbiate environment, of course (no fighters around) to get a hold on the FSX - fans.

335th_GRAthos 07-22-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chivas (Post 313312)
so I can start screaming like a little girl for help.

Take a bomber, load it with bombs and try to take it to the air (with CEM on)... ;)

furbs 07-22-2011 11:57 PM

Was that on the SYN server Chivas? we will have to meet up ;)