Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

Originally Posted by Davy TASB:
The average bloke in the street is bothered about gameplay and having fun, not what the games engine is.
Having such a marvelous wonderful game engine that you can do so much with is all rather pointless if the product that uses it aint much cop.

Here's hoping the sim turns out to be everything SYN Bliss expects though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post
Gameplay and having fun are directly related to the game engine. Just imagine only being able to have a total of 45 planes on a map or theater of war that had an massive invasion force in the air? (WWII BOB) Being able to recreate some history and fly in it is what makes it fun, at least to me. I like immersion.

But if your cup of tea is flying around over empty trenches in a 1vs1, that's fine with me.
Why you totally ignore Davy´s reasonable point? Besides, empty trenches &
1vs1 is closer to reality with CLOD than the fantasy vision you presented. Of course it would be nice if that fantasy could be realized one day.

Fantasies & excuses seem to be endless here.