Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I stopped using the whole patent, now that I have access to all troops that I need, I kinda find it useless. The Shark's Tooth that the first hireling gave me gives +5% XP and Gold, as opposed to +3%, so I switched it.

Why? Well, it cost about 700-800 Gold AND Trophies to upgrade 10 Guardsmen to 2 Paladins. And I had to fight a LOT of battles to accumulate this many.

So, I think, apart from the early game where you don't have access to some units, or in cases where certain units are simply not available anywhere, this system is usefull, but overall, I'd have been happier with a system more like the Necromancer in the Dwarven lands is offering.
The idea is to use it for key, unique, hard to find units, not a "cheap" way to buy out highly available units. e.g. my game only spawned 28 Orc Veterans. I had to convert Orcs into Veterans.

Some games don't have a lot of demonologists, etc.

I believe the cost is related to the leadership ratio. So Orcs->Veterans isn't too bad at around 1.75 to 1. Cost me maybe 1000 trophies to convert 53 orcs to 30 orc veterans?

I usually get like 150 trophies per battle? I wonder what the rate of gaining trophies is.

I have about 15K trophies, after spending enough to upgrade to level 4 and get orcs. I'm about level 37 too and have used the trophy item since the beginning of the game sans 3 battles.

One guy hinted that if you fight with no-loss you get more trophies than without.

That said, yes, if you absolutely don't need new units, the patent is a pretty bad item to equip given the alternatives. If you do, it isn't THAT horrible at 3%/3%.a