Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 07:33 PM
machoo

Default Tracers move too fast

The tracers and puffs of smoke when you hit a plane look like it's in fast forward. Is there a way to slow this down in a setting someplace? When you slow motion it down one click using the keyboard button it looks much better. This has bugged me from the start.

Here is a tracer firefight in real life , they move alot slower.

tried posting a video. Along with everything in the game , the forums seem broken too. What a surprise.....

Last edited by machoo; 07-03-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: broken
Old 07-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

That is airsoft with gunfire dubbed lol.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Approved Member

Outgoing trace are fast, incoming seem slower until they get close

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 07-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Seriously, how could a person be standing there inside the incomming line of tracer fire. Almost everyone there would die I think, if this were real guns. So Emil is right.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

It's Airsoft

Here's the original full video.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Approved Member

LMAO!

Enough said guys! Let's wrap this one up and call it a night shall we!?

My oh my, how many times have we faceplanted down this dead ended road...

The road ends where a sign says "Dude, you know there's a search function?"

Sorry this one really cracked me up! Airsoft! LOL! I'm glad we have national service here so most people know what tracers look like and won't fall for a youtube airsoft movie
Old 07-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Sweet jesus...
Ya tracers look really pretty from the sending end or a distance. Hell watch some of the footage from the taking of Baghdad and you'll see all these pretty tracers floating up into the sky...
Until your on the receiving end. If anything the tracers do not move fast enough in game. In real life they look like they are moving at the speed of light.
Its really a sickening feeling when you get lit up for the first time.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Sternjaeger

one thing needs to be said though, tracers' trajectory, esp with the heavier calibres, didn't correspond to the actual bullets trajectory, as they would have a different weight/muzzle speed.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post
The tracers and puffs of smoke when you hit a plane look like it's in fast forward. Is there a way to slow this down in a setting someplace? When you slow motion it down one click using the keyboard button it looks much better. This has bugged me from the start.

Here is a tracer firefight in real life , they move alot slower.

tried posting a video. Along with everything in the game , the forums seem broken too. What a surprise.....
Getting fed up with these kids who slate the game but haven't got a clue what they're on about. Would love to see him pinned down by a real 30 cal. Think he'd soon change his mind then.

Original gun cams ran at least at half speed and airsoft comparisons are meaningless.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutts View Post
Getting fed up with these kids who slate the game but haven't got a clue what they're on about. Would love to see him pinned down by a real 30 cal. Think he'd soon change his mind then.

Original gun cams ran at least at half speed and airsoft comparisons are meaningless.
I'm with ya on this.
Although your statement made me recall my first time pinned. We got ambushed and the tank company QRF that came out to assist us misinterpreted our instructions and lit up our position with his coax (m240b, 7.62x51)...At least I can smile and laugh about it now!
Thank God they didn't use a HEAT!
Closed Thread