Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

Default Could 4.10 Update lock the SFS files again and reunite the online community?

Okay I know that we can't use the term that begins with the letter M, but it seems that a lot of servers have become fragmented with many different option needing to be installed to allow access?

Would it be possible with the 4.10 update (or 4.11 if necessary) that the game can once more be made 'Vanilla'?

This would mean joining a 4.10 server is just that. You have 4.10, you can log in, no supplementary files required, just 4.10.

I have stayed away from 'out-of-bounds' terminology, but surely this would be a benefit that could get the online community 'united' again?

Cheers, MP
Old 11-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

you relay think the all these players will let go their high power P-51s, Spits, Fw190s and flyable bombers and the other stuff ?
i guess no. let it be like it is. the "M" yes or no wars are over IMOH..............
Old 11-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

we have 4.09 and il2sl - what else you want?

Sure there is one side HSFX and the other UP, but the problem lies way deeper.

HSFX(-only) user believe they have the holy grail concerning FM, this attitude is not gonna change with 4.10.

When were we splitted anyway?
Old 11-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

Hope not,it will not do any good for the game coomunity and may well be buisiness mistake.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

1) Probably not.
2) @gprr: "buisiness mistake"??? It's a free patch for a discontinued project. There is no business in that.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

I cant see that happening... it is wishfull thinking... but not going to happen... and as long as we have a red mod pack and a blue mod pack.. ..

What would nbe nice would be if a way could be found to lock the stock FMs and still leave room in the code for other .. alterations that have nothing to do with FMs .. like splash screens, mi imaps etc.. but who knows.. some of those options might be in one of thye upcoming patches... we will have an expanded QMB & Zuti offically so who knows..
Old 11-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

Ahhh... how the memories of CFS2 come flooding back
Old 11-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I cant see that happening... it is wishfull thinking... but not going to happen... and as long as we have a red mod pack and a blue mod pack.. ..
Which ones what ?
Old 11-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

I've never been a big fan of FM change thingy. If someone found the way to lock up core FM, fine. But prohibiting tens thousands players of having add-on new maps, new aircrafts, better looking cockpits, beautiful effects, smarter AI... just for the sake of some online players is just absurd.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

I'm just going to stick to stock releases... I've seen enough of the mods screwing things up online for people that I'm quite ok with just doing things with the stock releases. The good thing in my mind about all of these changes is that some of the teams are using the tools available to pump out some really quality materials - if they do them to the right specifications there isn't any reason in my mind why Team Daidalos can't include them in future releases.

So it's not a bad thing. Some of the Team Pacific works for instance are incredible. I hope to see more from them and others!