Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Approved Member

Default oleg, sparks in burning planes, crappy example

"o no, this zakkandrachoff guy again" ... i know, i know, but oleg dont banish me yet, so i will still posting

i do a crappy, small and fast example of sparcks in burning planes.

original

whit some sparks
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 08-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkandrachoff View Post
"o no, this zakkandrachoff guy again" ... i know, i know, but oleg dont banish me yet, so i will still posting

i do a crappy, small and fast example of sparcks in burning planes.

original

whit some sparks
It looks good on the He-111, but not so good on the hurricane at the top of the picture. In the He-111 the effect is better, because it seems like something that's causing sparks is burning and leaving behind a trail. The spark near the hurri is not so good because it looks like small fireworks and not a trail of sparks. That "firework" effect would be more suited to an interior view, for example if an electrical instrument on the panel is damaged.

I do like the one on the He-111 however, it's like the fire burns so hot that small pieces of metal are actually catching fire (it would be possible depending on temperature and the type of metal). I hope i'm explaining it well
Old 08-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Please bear with me.

Once a long time ago up on the farm we were burning off some rubbish, and my brother threw on a a cracked mag wheel off his car. After a while the wheel caught fire a started to burn with an entense blue-white light that lit up everything for about 200 metres in all directions. It was so bright it hurt your eyes to look at it. Every so often it would kick off intense white sparks. It was really impresive.

I expect the light alloys of the planes would also burn in a similar manner.

Cheers!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Let hope these are WIP fire screenies from 1c Team.

They are not looking like high speed fuel/oil fires more like bonfires.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Please bear with me.

Once a long time ago up on the farm we were burning off some rubbish, and my brother threw on a a cracked mag wheel off his car. After a while the wheel caught fire a started to burn with an entense blue-white light that lit up everything for about 200 metres in all directions. It was so bright it hurt your eyes to look at it. Every so often it would kick off intense white sparks. It was really impresive.

I expect the light alloys of the planes would also burn in a similar manner.

Cheers!
Burning magnesium will do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Let hope these are WIP fire screenies from 1c Team.

They are not looking like high speed fuel/oil fires more like bonfires.

Read the update threads.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
It looks good on the He-111, but not so good on the hurricane at the top of the picture. In the He-111 the effect is better, because it seems like something that's causing sparks is burning and leaving behind a trail. The spark near the hurri is not so good because it looks like small fireworks and not a trail of sparks. That "firework" effect would be more suited to an interior view, for example if an electrical instrument on the panel is damaged.

I do like the one on the He-111 however, it's like the fire burns so hot that small pieces of metal are actually catching fire (it would be possible depending on temperature and the type of metal). I hope i'm explaining it well
jeje i dont do anything in the hurri, i forget delete that big spark

i dont like he111 planes , so i like to see how this plane burn.

maybe the fire that oleg show us is in the beggining, them , this extens a lot in a feu secons and is a big white 20 metres fire back the plane.

i can't prove in pics, but in some videos, for example, a p51 shotting a fw and is so many particles of fire and the camera of the p51 pass under this. Them are so much videos of a 109, 190 or 262 shooting a b17 and are too so many white particles. like always : correct me if i am wrong

Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 08-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post

Read the update threads.

Update threads are for noobs
Old 08-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Approved Member

And people who have turned into stale corn.

(IMVHO One needs to take into account quantities and types of fuel, airpseed and scale when making such effects - rules that work for campfires don't necessarily scale up - just like a >100 story tall building with an airplane inside it doesn't tip over sideways like a stack of lego bricks - it is very difficult and beyond me to judge what is correct, but I recommend caution in passing judgments etc.)
Old 08-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

in fact I would really love to see sparks when you belly land an airplane on a concrete strip.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Approved Member

Yes, that would be fantastic. Not to mention the chance of the sparks igniting fuel from leaking tanks, it would make emergency landings really scary.