View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
And I totally disagree. Everyone who has a problem should raise their voice otherwise it will look as if the problem only affected one or two users. This doesn't neccesserily mean open a new topic for the same error mutliple times but at least post a comment in the existing topic saying that yes I had the same problem. Otherwise the bug will go to the bottom of the developers todo list, since they'll see (if they even look at the forum) that only one or two users complained about this, then its not so important to fix.
I have no problem with this. My statement is for the same people complaining about the same thing multiple times, or creating a new thread repeating the same topic already covered in another thread. Those will be deleted. I'm not going to go all around the board deleting things prior to me being a moderator, but I will delete, or relocate these postings, or threads from here on out. It makes the board crowded, and dis-organized with "look-a-like" threads/postings.

Quote:
Its like blaming the cow for giving milk. We don't complain because we like to complain, we complain because we feel ripped off by the developers. And there is no other way to express our dissatisfaction than posting on the boards, and hope that if enought complaints reach the developers they'll try and do something, or at least give a signal that yes we're working on that particular problem, be patient.
Before you came on this board, a lot of the complaints were addressed by DonnerWetter (RNR Developer). Also a lot of the complainers here only list complaints, and nothing else. I don't consider them to be very objective people. Many people complain about the game, myself included, but to a large degree we also give some of the good points too. No game is perfect, and no game is all bad.

Quote:
I can't imagine anything more exasperating than having to go back hours or days in the game because of some "silly bug", that would have only taken a few hours to fix. Of course, uncovering the bugs needs months of through testing. But as I've already pointed out they could have had thousands of volunteers for free.
This is one of the reasons why I have always said to "Have many saved game points". This game is very similar to a Role Playing game. I don't play those games without a zillion save points regardless of bugs, glitches, or a mistake I have made, and want to do it over. It only makes sense.

Quote:
And please don't threat the developers as saviors just because they are (supposedly?) working on a patch, obviously the time they had was more than enough, so after 10 years of doing almost nothing its time to earn their paychecks.
Nobody ever said they were. All that has been said by me, is that they're working on it. There have been some set-backs, but only to hopefully address many of the issues reported.

Quote:
And for the last time noone says that the game in itself is bad. But its unfinished and buggy. Yes its a much better than any of the 18WOS series, but that doesn't compensate for being a buggy piece of you know what.
You obviously haven't read the board enough. There are loads of people that claim this game is nothing, but bad. Some just play only to point out the bad, and not the good. That's just a waste of time, and energy that could be best spent on other things. Yes, I do agree with the statement "If you don't like it, don't play it". What I mean by this is.... If they have played it long enough, and made their postings of dis-approval, then just don't play it anymore, and stop coming here trashing it with the same comments that they have already posted. It's as simple as that.

Let's not make this yet another trashing, or rage thread. So far things are going OK. I want to keep it that way.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-03-2010 at 09:55 PM.