Thread: GMC Monopolisum
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Default Bedfords

I know what it takes just to model them, I've spent over 6 months before recreating a 3D model from the US Army Technical Manuals on the M3 Stuart (not M3A1 Stuart), I even know of how much formular can go into working out the very projection of the 3D scenes, and not to mention all the physics envolved in basic 3D collision detection (not mentioning the complexity of 'where-it-got-hit' destruction, featured in FoW), all you have to do is remind those scripters and engine moddifying programmers at DMS of how would they like to be writing an 3D engine from scratch using 8086 assembly language - Almost impossible - Almost.

So there is going to be Bedfords, yay, if anything the more interactive items you can put in a game the longer the game will take to complete or will introduce more options for the gamer to use which in the case of FoW would be GREAT.

I must say that it was a nice supprise to find out that the Rail Crane in Faces of War is usable, thats what Men of War will use right?

The old Faces of War content mixed in with the new stuff. And whoever wrote the GEM engine certinally were talented or were used to programming on MS-DOS and for the old slow processors, as it's memory usage and CPU usage is low compared to other games which use DirectX 9.0c and have LESS features, and the language it uses for scripting is about the easiest I've ever come across. Modding cannot be called modding with GEM, it's just too easy, what about it just gets called Content Processing (like Word Processing).

One more question, MoW will target Windows XP and Vista won't it?

EVERY IT professional should note, that DOS wasn't invented on a dead-line basis, actually the only way some of the great problems that have shaken the IT world been solved was not using a dead-line, look at Vista another victim of dead-lines.

Last edited by (UGF} Corporal Desola; 07-29-2008 at 10:13 AM.