View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfish View Post
Repost of a question asked never answered a few pages back..

Tell me please uf_josse......
What guncam film did you use to set up your mod to validate your changes of a .50 vs. the Ki-61-I?
Which version of the Ki-61-I was it, including serial number as the armor varied greatly throughout the series and only a specific s/n will give thicknesses and locations?
What was the energy the .50 cal. round was producing?
What was the hardness of the armor and its chemical composition as well as associated manufacturing processes to determine hardness and how brittle the armor was.
At what deflection angle and through what outer components did the round pass first?
What actual TAIU or other test reports did you use to confirm your findings?
etc.?

Naturally I'm sure you're doing the same with each and every aircraft, type of round, type of MG, considering each and every deflection, range, energy state, pass through, round deformation and so on....

K2
Thats pretty much my point. While he has the ability to make small changes and thats great, there needs to be more than one person and documented research to back up the changes. In the end, a designated and trusted group for quality control to guarantee consistency and as much historical accuracy as available given what we have in the game. Not just that, a way to ensure that everyone is using the same thing and not a mixture of different things representing 73 persons view of what they think is correct.