Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Technical problems and solutions (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Patch confusion, should I have one? (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=4518)

Snaggly Pete 10-09-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kartelusm (Post 53985)
I started the game while it was still 1.6b7 and after the first continent patched it with the Russian 1.6.4 patch and I can confirm that the saves work just fine. Haven't had any problems 8-)

Yeah, I decided to go with the Russian 1.6.4 patch after all and so far no problems...except I occassionally have an urge to swig some vodka :)

Greven af Color 10-10-2008 06:19 PM

Yeah the Ruskie 1.6.4 works fine

Kosiciel 10-10-2008 11:08 PM

It's good, especially for Atari version. But Mirabella still crashes the game ;)

bugmenot 10-12-2008 07:22 PM

Works fine with me too (applied patch at the start of the dwarf lands).

Menus / game all appears to be in english, I will post back if I find any problem.

If you've been using any mods remember to check Kings Bounty/data/mods and remove any incompatible ones.

Copy the patch to the Kings Bounty directory (may not be required, but I did it anyway), my system wouldn't show any russian characters, only question marks, but if you check the task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) you'll be able to see how much CPU the patch is using.

When the patch has finished (using 0% cpu) click the '?????' button.

The patch took well under 3 minutes on my system (probably under a minute, but I was web surfing and not paying much attention).

Should I be using the russian 1.65c patch?
________
herbalaire reviews

jake21 10-14-2008 02:22 PM

So I gave in and finally tried the Russian patch. Three things I noticed:

The patch from the developer site has a different md5sum than the patch from the other site listed in this thread.

After the patch some of the green circles turned into blue circles (the ones you get during certain load screens). Not all of them just some of them - not sure what that indicates.

After the patch the Atari label at start up is gone :)

jake21 10-15-2008 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake21 (Post 54854)
So I gave in and finally tried the Russian patch. Three things I noticed:

The patch from the developer site has a different md5sum than the patch from the other site listed in this thread.

After the patch some of the green circles turned into blue circles (the ones you get during certain load screens). Not all of them just some of them - not sure what that indicates.

After the patch the Atari label at start up is gone :)

----

Bit confused. Isn't the patch to 1.6.4 suppose to fix mirabella crashing? In my case it still crashed and I had to put the mod back to fix it.... Did I do something wrong when I patched (game sez it is 1.6.4)

Zhuangzi 10-15-2008 05:10 AM

What does the patch from 1.64 to 1.65 do? I have the GG version and reading this thread is the first I've heard of the existence of this patch. I just downloaded it from Gamersgate but I'm at work now so I can't install it.

So, what is altered in 1.65?