PDA

View Full Version : Love game, changes need. To you crashers

XR62MIB
09-22-2009, 05:35 PM
This game is outstanding but the updates/patches are needed badly. In fact I don't believe you will ever build an online community with the game as it is now.

The most important update is the being able to crash and bailout to avoid a kill. It is ruining the game.

It has become a game of who can crash or bailout the fastest.

What makes many of us irritated the most is that many of the people who do this are the ones who are so vocal about the integrity and the skill involved in flight sims.

I wont mention any names, you know who you are. You purposely crash then re-spawn and come after us. Real integrity. Maybe your now starting to realize why 6 of us solely come after you. Were rookies but getting better.

This game could be outstanding and I believe we will see a larger community build once the patch is released. Until then those of you who pull the crashing crap are just driving people away from the game.

Even I now am focused on the bailout button to rob you of a kill. This is not the way the game should be played.

I used my xbox screen name because I am not hiding. Bring it. Soon the tables will turn.

MorgothNL
09-22-2009, 07:04 PM
I havent noticed a LOT of crashers to be honest. I do play with the same people most of the time, but still, not seen many crashers.

Of course there are some, but once you know who they are, you know to keep peppering them, and not give them a chance of crashing (if they try, just hit the just before they crash and you get the kill).

I actually think it is a game with a lot of cool players, if a bug like this was in COD or something, it would be exploided non-stop. The people playing this game, have good sportsmanship :)

also.. do not be to easy with your judgement of 'that was a crash', sometimes a few hits in the elevators, can make the plane unflyable, and with not elevators to pull up with, it will most likely result in a crash that looked intentional.
And it might depend on the plane of your opponent, a bf-109 with a few hits in the wings is 'no problem', but I find a spit with a few hits in the wings, wayyy harder to keep under control.

What difficulty are you playing? I'm always on realistic, and I dont see many crashers there.. so if you play arcade, you might want to try the step up ;)

mdbuehler
09-22-2009, 08:05 PM
I often wonder how much is actually on purpose. I've lost count of the number of times I've had my wing chewed up at low altitude. Unable to even fly straight, the next time I try and manuever I end up eating a house or tree, or flat spinning from altitude into a field :)

I've even flown healthy planes into the ground on accident trying to avoid, and in the reverse of that followed somebody into the ground when I get target fixated and lose my bearings.

If I've had a great duel and come out on top but heavily damaged, I'll ditch that plane for a fresh one as I know my opponent will be coming back with a new one shortly :)

Ancient Seraph
09-22-2009, 08:08 PM
More rants to crashers... no point in posting them on the forums. Vent your anger by flaming somebody over xbox live or something. And as Morgoth rightly stated, not every crash is intentional. Especially if you see someone spin before he hits the ground, it's a clear indication it's unlikely to be intentional.

TRC Subaru
09-22-2009, 08:10 PM
And it might depend on the plane of your opponent, a bf-109 with a few hits in the wings is 'no problem', but I find a spit with a few hits in the wings, wayyy harder to keep under control.

MorgothME, Funny you mentioned the ability of a plane to take hits…I often fly the spit and you are right, a few hits and that thing can barely stay in the air, never mind turn, roll or lift…your pretty much a “ sitting duck” once someone lights you up…

Hi XR, as we discussed last night lets hope the patch comes soon…;)

XR62MIB
09-22-2009, 10:23 PM
MorgothNL, you do make a very good point and I expect at times I may blame an uncontrolled spin as an intentional crash. But I am really referring to the guys who take the all out nose dive. I have been seeing my fair share.

But your also correct when you say there are many cool players in the game. I have met some really good people in there too.

XR62MIB
09-22-2009, 10:24 PM
TRC, whats up buddy? I can't wait.

MorgothNL
09-22-2009, 10:35 PM
MorgothNL, you do make a very good point and I expect at times I may blame an uncontrolled spin as an intentional crash.

I think we all do some times. Its when you've been in a epic dogfight for minutes, then shoot the guy, he spins right away and crashes.
In these cases I also go: 'darn crasher!'. But when a friend then asks, 'ah, did he crash on purpose'?. I go 'nah..probably not, I might have hit his control surfaces'.
it just sucks not to get a reward for such a 'kill', but after the update, it will be good times :)

TRC Subaru
09-22-2009, 10:46 PM
TRC, whats up buddy? I can't wait.

Hey XR, yea can’t wait to get in the cockpit…I bet UNREAL has been practicing since 6:00 this morning…LOL

And as far as online simulators go – yea, BoP has some of the best of people online!

(…except the ones that shoot me down…lol)

fritzwendel
09-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Agreed, probables should count.

TRC + XR: awesome games last night! The Ardennes battle was epic!

I'm still blown away by how much this game gets right; last night I shot the tail off of an opponent in an Emil, then the rest of the fuselage rolled over on its back.... and then I shredded his wings off! Just awesome sights to behold!

Btw if I crash, it's because I'm still a n00b at the online. :oops:

blacksungregg
09-23-2009, 12:40 AM
I've heard there is a patch coming out that will address this. It sucks when you now have to create a game with rules just to make sure the cheaters don't win, but it makes sense in any case so that scoring is fair. The way I look at it? If the guy crashes, and has been just touched by one guy, the crasher loses points, and the guy who touched him get's the kill and points. If two or more hit him, the guy with the majority of the hits gets the kill and then assist points are dealt to the other guy or two. Kinda like COD does and it's a fair system.

Paradigm 5hift
09-23-2009, 05:03 AM
I have bailed many times when i lost control. i believe the point should go to the person who made me lose control. Its not that I want to rob anyone of a just and deserved kill believe me I HATE WHEN I WORK HARD FOR A KILL AND GET ROBBED. This is a great game and the only gripe i have with it is the point system is broken.

Cwl
09-23-2009, 08:00 AM
I think the Spitfire is quite vulnerable to wing damage.

the other day I was in training mode up against a 109.

it got on my tail and within no time had shot up my wing so bad that I lost complete control of the aircraft.

Nightshift82
09-23-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm dying for the update as well.

XR62MIB
09-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Agreed, probables should count.

TRC + XR: awesome games last night! The Ardennes battle was epic!

Btw if I crash, it's because I'm still a n00b at the online. :oops:

That was a great game. Almost the whole night games were within one point either way.

There wasnt a single person all night who was doing the death dive purposely. Were noobs too. Love this game. Look forward to seeing you and playing with you more.

XR62MIB
09-23-2009, 01:34 PM
I want to add that I started this post because we played for hours the night before against certain players who blatantly dived at full speed to avoid a kill only to respawn and come right after the person they robbed of the kill. It was very noticeable.

With that said I am also a noob to the game and don't completely understand it either. Last night I paid very close attention to what others were doing and most importantly paid close attention to what effects occurred after I had been shot.

I will say that I crashed a lot do to damage to my plane and that crashing was 100% unavoidable. In fact I tried to stay aloft as long as possible and even with heavy damage I was able to score a kill here an there.

Everyone pretty much agrees that the point system is flawed but after more thought I am not sure what the best fix is and still keep the realism. I love the fact that you have to earn your kill. I dont want to end a 20 minute game with 50 kills under my belt. The fact that you can have 8 kills or even 0 kills it a great part of the game.

So what is the perfect fix? Do you have a damage indicator? I am not sure I would like that. Do you have an option when setting up a game to allow or disallow a bailout? Or maybe we just single out the crashers, gang up on them and make their lives miserable?

I will admit after reading some replys from this post that I concentrated more on following and shooting a plane that was out of control and spinning towards the ground and was able to score more kills as a result. The game does reward better players and that is how it should be.

The game for the most part is hands down the best flight sim ever for a console and I hope it only gets better and continues in development. Hell, it encouraged me to order a flight chair this week that I am eagerly awaiting for the UPS guy to pull up and drop off.

Anyway, to all those who played last night we had some great battles and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

XR62MIB
09-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I've heard there is a patch coming out that will address this. It sucks when you now have to create a game with rules just to make sure the cheaters don't win, but it makes sense in any case so that scoring is fair. The way I look at it? If the guy crashes, and has been just touched by one guy, the crasher loses points, and the guy who touched him get's the kill and points. If two or more hit him, the guy with the majority of the hits gets the kill and then assist points are dealt to the other guy or two. Kinda like COD does and it's a fair system.

I really like the idea of assist points. I think it promotes team play and works great with using wingmen etc.. I hear many players including myself that would like some credit for wounding someone who only gets killed by someone else. In team play this is not as bad as in a dogfight. And lets face it, many of us are still trying to get upgraded planes so those points mean a lot.

Iffy
09-23-2009, 03:53 PM
It seems to be about 20% or so of people in the games I play make no attempt to stay airbourne if damaged.
Worse still are the people who purposefully get into a flat spin if they're hit. You can tell it's deliberate because if your wings are shredded you'll roll spin a few times before either completely losing control or catching it. WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID

The majority of the people I play against (and all of the people I play with) will catch the initial spin from a wing shot and fly level so you can finish them off. It's fairly hard to shoot down a fighter that's straight and level if you're right on their six, and I've actually got a few kills from people overshooting my smoking swiss cheesed plane.

BTW I've played with you XR62MIB a few times. Good games.

TRC Subaru
09-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Anyway, to all those who played last night we had some great battles and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Yes XR, it was a great night of dog-fighting…we ran into some pretty tough birds out there…:-)

jkerr419
09-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah, that does get on my nerves but from having to deal with my noob arse all shot up I can say i don't think the majority of them are intentional. I have a bad habit of hitting the deck when in a pinch.... last resort kind of thing. One good shot on me at tree top level and Chuck Yeager couldn't keep my plane in the air. I don't know how many time I've been plugged in the wing and the plane just snap rolls into the ground. I've also had my tail shot out at high alt and been forced due to lack of control to do the slow dive into the ground. But I usually try my best to keep the crate in the air as long as possible. I think I have only bailed out twice and both on the ground. One time I had landed a badly damaged plane in a forest clearing, my attackers tried for 3 mintues to straffe me but kept plowing into the ground next to me. My engine was shot out so I said F it and bailed. The other time was a similar situation but on landing I had shearded the gears off and the plane belly landed without exploding. (have tried to repeat several time but can't) I was just sitting there on the ground next to a house. After a mintue or two on the ground I bailed. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting lumped into the group.

TRC Subaru
09-23-2009, 09:06 PM
...The other time was a similar situation but on landing I had shearded the gears off and the plane belly landed without exploding. (have tried to repeat several time but can't) I was just sitting there on the ground next to a house. After a mintue or two on the ground I bailed. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting lumped into the group.

Hi Jkerr, I believe we have flown with you before and no, we wouldn’t “lump you in”…it is our pleasure to dog-fight with you.

But next time you “belly land”, flag us down and move away from the plane…we’ll take care of it…lol

Soulsurfer
09-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I don't think there are as many players crashing on purpose as there were when the game first came out. Most games I get seem to be with decent people, although I've had a few lately where the host quits out if he's doing badly. Can't wait for the patch though.

TRC Subaru
09-23-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't think there are as many players crashing on purpose as there were when the game first came out. Most games I get seem to be with decent people, although I've had a few lately where the host quits out if he's doing badly. Can't wait for the patch though.

Hey Soulsurfer, it was great dog-fighting with you the other night; you can fly the wings off that plane! You have to teach me your trick on how you can out roll me so well…and if you want your bullets back I have them stored safe in my wings…:)

gbtstr
09-23-2009, 09:58 PM
I think the kill scoring system is fine. Probables shouldn't count - they're probable. Imagine how many kills all the WWII pilots would have if all they're probable kills were "counted." Now realize that they probably felt more frustrated when their kills weren't counted because they had to put their actual asses on the line to get them, not just a bunch of ones and zeros.

I think most people crash due to loss of control. The majority end up down in the weeds turn fighting. Sometimes one lucky (unlucky) hit is all it takes to send you rolling, then crashing.

If they do buy the farm intentionally, who cares? Shoot them down faster. It's great motivation to improve your gunnery.

If you're frustrated about losing progress toward some unlock or achievement, sorry. Maybe you should look on the bright side and enjoy the extra MP matches you're getting to play.

Soulsurfer
09-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey Soulsurfer, it was great dog-fighting with you the other night; you can fly the wings off that plane! You have to teach me your trick on how you can out roll me so well…and if you want your bullets back I have them stored safe in my wings…:)

Always a pleasure to fly with you man and always a good game. You can keep those bullets as I have new stock :P I tend to dogfight with the throttle at around 85% as the slower speed results in a higher turn rate, obviously I increase the throttle as the speed drops but other than that I just get lucky sometimes :)

Robotic Pope
09-23-2009, 11:11 PM
I find that strike games have far more people crashing on purpose after getting damaged than the team or dogfight modes (not counting the CTA kamikazes). A lot of the time I will shoot a bomber that is over its targets, it will get badly damaged and then nose dive into the nearest target. I think the prospect of damaging the target as much as possible before they die is too alluring for some people. Both CTA and Strike modes would be much better if crashing planes did no damage.

mattd27
09-23-2009, 11:17 PM
I find that strike games have far more people crashing on purpose after getting damaged than the team or dogfight modes (not counting the CTA kamikazes). A lot of the time I will shoot a bomber that is over its targets, it will get badly damaged and then nose dive into the nearest target. I think the prospect of damaging the target as much as possible before they die is too alluring for some people. Both CTA and Strike modes would be much better if crashing planes did no damage.

Well on the other hand, If I get damaged so bad that I'm losing all control of my bomber, I know I'm probably going to crash soon anyway. So if it has to happen, I might as well do some damage. ;)

Robotic Pope
09-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Well on the other hand, If I get damaged so bad that I'm losing all control of my bomber, I know I'm probably going to crash soon anyway. So if it has to happen, I might as well do some damage. ;)

My point exactly, it is too difficult for some to resist crashing on purpose when you have the added bonus of doing target damage. It is still just as anoying for your attacker if he doesn't get the kill.