PDA

View Full Version : I need advice on a level please

Tudorp15
09-22-2009, 03:23 PM
1st off. I am not a huge gamer, but love to play. I been waiting for Birds Of Prey for a year. Glad it's finally here.

Now, again, I am not a gamer, and not very good most the time, but I love to play anyway. I am having a problem getting through a level and it's bugging me, and I am not even sure I am doing the right thing in it.

Level: Hornet's Nest

Question: I been trying and trying to get all the transporter plans shot down. I get to about 28 of them (highest) and then run out of time I assume. It just doesn't seem to be able to get past this. Is there some other thing I am missing? Am I supposed to be shooting these things down to complete the level? Am I supposed to go blow up the ground targets? Anybody got any tips to help get through this level?

Thanks in advance for any help..

T

Flywest
09-22-2009, 04:07 PM
28 planes ?

I believe the first wave is only 1 plane.

Then you get 2 planes and then 3 and then the final wave should be 3 again ( maybe there's another last wave after that ).

Once you shoot down the first wave, check out your map, there will be a blinking spot, that's the next wave, fly toward them and proceed as fast as possible. Once you complete the first objective, dive down to about 150 altitude to avoid the incoming swarm of BF109 ( I believe that's why the mission is called Hornets nest ) and fly undetected. It's relatively easy but yeah, I've had to restart the mission several times , I did it on sim and additionnal attempts set to none.

Tudorp15
09-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Hmm.. Im not getting one plane. It seems each wave is 2 sets of 3 or 4 planes. I tell my flight to attack objective, and then proceed to go after the ones they don't have targeted. Then, set up for the next wave, and so on and so on. I get to about the 4th or 5th wave or so, then it tells me I failed. Total plans shot down at the lower left of the screen is 18 to 28 planes or so. I have yet to see the swarm of 109s. I was afraid something like that was in there due to the name of the level though, lol.. So, you can finish the level without having to shoot down all the 109s? Assumming I get to that part..

28 planes ?

I believe the first wave is only 1 plane.

Then you get 2 planes and then 3 and then the final wave should be 3 again ( maybe there's another last wave after that ).

Once you shoot down the first wave, check out your map, there will be a blinking spot, that's the next wave, fly toward them and proceed as fast as possible. Once you complete the first objective, dive down to about 150 altitude to avoid the incoming swarm of BF109 ( I believe that's why the mission is called Hornets nest ) and fly undetected. It's relatively easy but yeah, I've had to restart the mission several times , I did it on sim and additionnal attempts set to none.

Tudorp15
09-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Ok.. I finally got it. But, apparently there is a huge difference in arcade, and realistic mode. I was getting many more aircraft in arcade mode for some reason. I switched to realistic mode, and like you said, only a couple at a time. I finally got them in realistic mode, and move on..

Thanks.. I only got stung a couple times by the 109s..

Flywest
09-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Ah yeah, I can see why there would be a reason to have alot more planes in Arcade mode since you down them more easily.