PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy game???

Metroplex
09-22-2009, 05:18 AM
I haven't come across any stores offering pre-orders of KB:AP but if any of you do come across one let me know where so I can buy it. I will do likewise.
I really want this game but prefer a hard copy of the game, no download sites for me. Let's hope the game really comes out on Oct. 30.:grin:

Elwin
09-22-2009, 08:56 AM
the only pre ordering store i know is polish one, but i guess you are not interested :D

BB Shockwave
09-23-2009, 12:46 PM
the only pre ordering store i know is polish one, but i guess you are not interested :D

Could you provide the link? Unless the language of the game is Polish too I'd be interested. I live in Hungary so it'd be close to my country as well...

Elwin
09-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Unfortunetly its polish language version

BB Shockwave
09-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Oh... Well, thanks anyway. The Hungarian translation last time was OK, but not that good - I played the game in english first and later got it in Hungarian (it was a bargain, it was the free game for our PC Guru magazin).

Metroplex
09-25-2009, 10:04 AM
How come King's Bounty got given away FREE in Hungarian!???
Didn't the company actually LOSE money by virtually making sure no income would be coming from Hungary?
I don't understand, it looks like lunacy to me!:evil: I'd understand if it was an old game or some freeware crap but KB is a top game and to give it away for free cheapens it. The developers deserved every cent for it to continue making great games as they are a small company.
Anyway, the same happened here in Australia when DARK SECTOR got given away free in PC Powerplay Magazine, and this is a GREAT game! It was the censored edition though, I am a lawbreaker as I have the UNCENSORED banned version.:-P

Elwin
09-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Australia, this game banning is famous around the world xD i never heard about any game banned in my country

Zhuangzi
09-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah, Fallout 3 had to be censored here because of some drug reference. Everyone ended up with the censored version, I think.

It's not okay to take drugs in a game, but apparently it's fine to do headshots that cause people's heads to fly off in all directions in a cloud of red gore. :confused:

Nokturnal
09-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah, Fallout 3 had to be censored here because of some drug reference. Everyone ended up with the censored version, I think.

It's not okay to take drugs in a game, but apparently it's fine to do headshots that cause people's heads to fly off in all directions in a cloud of red gore. :confused:

It's actually much worse then that. They had nothing wrong with the drug usage, funnily enough the only issue was with the name :P They didn't like "morphine" because it is a real drug, i guess they assume people would go raid a nearby town to get some after playing too much. :rolleyes:

What really pissed me off was when they allowed Velvet Assassin to get through, a game which actually highlights the using of morphine as some sort of special ability and is encouraged - They didn't have to change the name either.
In fallout atleast the drug did pose some possible side effects that were hazardous to health, it wasn't glorifying the drug.

Australia is just totally backwards in terms of censorship law.
I've actually been told that the reason we won't be seeing a R18+ rating is because every single state must agree to it, and S.A (being full of christian "family first" morons) will never allow that. :(
Sad really, all they are doing is forcing people not to buy locally, or resort to downloading illegally.

/rant

2late
09-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Will this be on Steam on release day?

Metroplex
10-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Will it even be released on the release date???

bam65
10-02-2009, 01:29 AM
Time to spend our money on something else since it looks like AP will never be released.

Mandea
10-02-2009, 05:48 AM
really? are you some kind of relative to nostradamus? :D
I can't understand this dispair, there is one full month before it comes out. relax.

Shega
10-02-2009, 06:45 AM
Just a little of patience, guys 8)
The fully localized English version is planned to be released in the end of this year.

Elwin
10-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Bad news, prevoius 30th october sounded better ;p

Shega
10-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Is that not the end of the year? : )

Elwin
10-02-2009, 08:00 AM
end of the year is december for me ^^

BB Shockwave
10-02-2009, 12:37 PM
How come King's Bounty got given away FREE in Hungarian!???
Didn't the company actually LOSE money by virtually making sure no income would be coming from Hungary?
I don't understand, it looks like lunacy to me!:evil: I'd understand if it was an old game or some freeware crap but KB is a top game and to give it away for free cheapens it. The developers deserved every cent for it to continue making great games as they are a small company.
Anyway, the same happened here in Australia when DARK SECTOR got given away free in PC Powerplay Magazine, and this is a GREAT game! It was the censored edition though, I am a lawbreaker as I have the UNCENSORED banned version.:-P

Umm, that doesn't work that way. KB has been on sale in stores for more then a year now - usually after this time, not many new buyers will surface, the game generated a fair amount of income - so the publisher can decide to give the game to a Gamer magazine. I don't know how that works - maybe the magazine will pay some fee to the publishers still? At any rate, the game has gotten some very high ratings in that magazine last year, and they are giving out great games anyway (last month it was the Fallout Trilogy (1-2-Tactics).

KB-The Legend is avaliable in stores too, for about 20-25$, while the magazine was only about 11$, so it was a real bargain. I ain't complaining...

Metroplex
10-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Time to spend our money on something else since it looks like AP will never be released.

It's nearly the middle of the month and no English speaking store on the face of this Earth has heard of this game to even list it as a pre-order...:-x
So sad... no effort by the publisher to give increased exposure and awareness of it.:evil:
Goodbye dreams of owning an English copy of KB:AP... Vapourware like that rubbish title Diablo 3?

Elwin
10-12-2009, 09:24 AM
I am sick of reading this to be honest ... there is still 3 weeks to go

Zhuangzi
10-12-2009, 09:52 AM
It's nearly the middle of the month and no English speaking store on the face of this Earth has heard of this game to even list it as a pre-order...:-x
So sad... no effort by the publisher to give increased exposure and awareness of it.:evil:
Goodbye dreams of owning an English copy of KB:AP... Vapourware like that rubbish title Diablo 3?

You are an annoying troll. :!:

Mandea
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
I concur. it's plenty of time by the end of the month. no reason to be so desperate.

Zhuangzi
10-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I see that Metacritic are listing it as a Nov 1 release, and they already have a link to a review (Absolute Games - 95%). Unfortunately it's in Russian so I can't read with it without Google translate, and that's a chore at the best of times.

The release may slip a little from Oct 30. I wouldn't be surprised. I keep checking on Gamersgate and they have other games listed to be released on Oct 30 but not AP. This suggest we might not get it by Oct 30, but as Mandea says, what's the rush? I've been waiting more than a year for this - I can wait a few more weeks. And it's definitely not vaporware. The game is finished. I think they just delayed release to have it come out in the holiday season.

Anatoly
10-14-2009, 09:21 AM
The game is finished. I think they just delayed release to have it come out in the holiday season.
Localization of such a game is not a simple and fast process. Unfortunately, it takes time.
The work is almost finished now and the game is scheduled for a November release.

Metroplex
10-25-2009, 06:59 AM
First person here to post a link to an English copy of KB:AP for sale is a legend!:-P

helmehytte
11-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Will it even be released on the release date???

Yes it will! We at GamersGate are currently wrapping and preparing the game for release next week! :) Pre-orders are up now, but we plan to roll out a nice pre-order offer as well.

/helmehytte

Zhuangzi
11-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Yes it will! We at GamersGate are currently wrapping and preparing the game for release next week! :) Pre-orders are up now, but we plan to roll out a nice pre-order offer as well.

/helmehytte

Care to explain before I preorder it from you guys already?

Metroplex
11-09-2009, 06:15 PM
First person here to post a link to an English copy of KB:AP for sale is a legend!:-P

Preferably a boxed version, the DL version is useless to me as I don't plan on getting it this way.:grin:

Zhuangzi
11-10-2009, 10:51 PM
To answer the question in the thread title, your answers are Gamersgate and Nov 19. Now I know you don't want a d/l copy, Metroplex, but I think you'll be waiting months for a physical release otherwise. Remember, there was something like five months between the Gamersgate release of TL and the UK DVD edition. Can you wait that long? :-P

Also, are you taking back the vaporware comment now? ;)

Metroplex
11-11-2009, 08:13 AM
To answer the question in the thread title, your answers are Gamersgate and Nov 19. Now I know you don't want a d/l copy, Metroplex, but I think you'll be waiting months for a physical release otherwise. Remember, there was something like five months between the Gamersgate release of TL and the UK DVD edition. Can you wait that long? :-P

Also, are you taking back the vaporware comment now? ;)

That is sad, I hope you're wrong about this...:evil:
If indeed there is no physical DVD available (seems to be the case with Planet Alcatraz & A Farewell to Dragons) only a DL then I'll be mightily pissed off and I'm going to get a crack copy from some famous pirate like SKIDROW or someone that cracks it first! That will show them!:evil::evil::evil:
I will take the vaporware comment off until I see it released, but I still maintain that Diablo 3 is vaporware!:grin:
Sad to say, I was looking forward to having this in English:

http://gamepod.hu/hir/king_s_bounty_armored_princess_latnivalok.html :evil:

iowastate89
11-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Will this be available on impulse, or only gamersgate and Steam? Thanks

infael
11-13-2009, 02:18 AM
Isn't AP gonna be released on dvd? Not sold on cloud computing

Metroplex
11-13-2009, 03:43 AM
Isn't AP gonna be released on dvd? Not sold on cloud computing

Same here, I think it's EXTREMELY STUPID not to release the game on DVD and choosing to make it available as a DL only on release date... Many people without broadband, those that don't like getting their games this way, and old fashioned purists, will miss out because of this one dumb decision.:evil: