PDA

View Full Version : Online Lobby

Brucerer
09-22-2009, 03:32 AM
I would love the ability to browse through all available online games regardless of mode / realism settings.

It's common on PC games to browse through the list and compare mode / number of players / ping etc and pick one that sounds good. I dont like the way you have to choose a game mode and keep going in and out of the menus to find a game.

You know, i might be in the mood for a strike game but if there's a team battle starting up with lots of players i'd jump in on that for sure.

Also, it would be great if there was a lobby where everyone could chat before starting a game - then you could find out who wants to play what and set up something really special.

nurfman
09-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Couldnt agree more very frustrating and i wouldnt mind seeing a connection/latency indicator

NephilimUK
09-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Thirded.

Been doing it on the PS3 text chat room feature for a while now. Whilst I believe the Xbox360 has similar features. Not AS convenient as a dedicated chat room but useful nonetheless.

trk29
09-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Thirded.

Been doing it on the PS3 text chat room feature for a while now. Whilst I believe the Xbox360 has similar features. Not AS convenient as a dedicated chat room but useful nonetheless.

Yes one of our guys has started a chat room and we just leave it open so when we are online we are directly intouch with one another.

Brucerer
09-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Yes one of our guys has started a chat room and we just leave it open so when we are online we are directly intouch with one another.

Is this a public chat room? Can we get the community involved?

trk29
09-23-2009, 01:54 AM
It's under the XMB, create a text chat, invite people to it, and tell them not to delete it. That way everytime you are online you can go directly to it.

One of the guys in our squadron created a text chat room under the XMB named it VAS Chat Room. Now when we are online we can go directly to it.

If you want to create a community one for ps3 people you can. Just create it, name it, invite people from here that are on your friends list and tell them to not delete it. It works really well.

Brucerer
09-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Oh right, yeah i was hoping for a chat room which would allow me to talk to people i don't already know...

You know, other people who are looking for an IL-2 game at the same time as me...

trk29
09-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Unfortunetly this is all we have.

GCoutinho
09-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Oh right, yeah i was hoping for a chat room which would allow me to talk to people i don't already know...

You know, other people who are looking for an IL-2 game at the same time as me...

From the information available in the new forum, I got a feeling that a dedicated lobby is not on the developers priorities for now. Hopefully in a sequel ?

I was a bit sad because of this, having started in Sim's in MS's Combat Flight Simulator and Microsoft Zone ( with dedicated ) lobbies, i always felt that the original IL2 for PC was also lacking a bit in this are. Things got a lot better when Hyperlobby became predominant for IL2 online play ( a while back around 1000+ players in peak times ).

Ancient Seraph
09-23-2009, 10:13 AM
HL worked nicely. The problem for BoP is that the devs don't have a lot to do with the networking, so they're not looking to fix or change it. We'll just have to hope more people will start playing, so we don't have to wait for a game as long as we do now, sometimes.

Spitfire23
09-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Unfortunetly this is all we have.

I think i might need an invitation to the Chat room because i dont seem to have it.

May have deleted it accidentally.