PDA

View Full Version : Enemy's tickets not going down in Strike

PantherAttack2
09-22-2009, 12:10 AM
I bomb targets in Strike and the enemy's tickets aren't lost... Even when I get direct hits from 250kg and 500kg bombs.

Can anyone explain this? :confused:

skullblits
09-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Lag?? u bomb the right base lol

Lincoln's Revenge
09-22-2009, 05:58 AM
It takes a ton of bombs to destroy any one of those depleted uranium lined bunkers in strike mode... making any fighter-bomber, even if you manage to unlock a loadout, relatively useless.

Would be cool to see a greater variety of ground targets in an update.

Arnow
09-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Well, even stranger than that: the other day i was playing strike on the map Sicily, and when I bombed the enemy's targets (so the red ones), MY SCORE was going down....So I started bombing my own targets to make their ticket number go down......Very weird...

MorgothNL
09-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I think we can safely say the strike is pretty bugged. I had a game, were my team had destoyed all the enemy targets. Yet,the game said there were 4 left, and also 300 tickets. We flew across the whole map, but there really were no more targets.

So appearantly, there were 4 targets on the ground, that were bugged. and did not cause a ticket drop when we hit, and even destoyed them.

think this happend to you as well

Draakje
09-22-2009, 08:51 AM
How do u actually destroy the targets?
Got enemy tickets down to 0 bombed same bunker over and over and it just didnt blow up.

MorgothNL
09-22-2009, 08:54 AM
the devs told me that officialy it is: tickets/targets = amount of tickets per target. And tickets in this case also being the health of a target.

In your case it might have been a bug, but dont forget that enemy crashes and your kills, also reduce tickets. So maybe you scored 10 tickets bij killing/them crashing. causing the tickets to reach 0, 10 tickets before the bunker was destroyed.

Draakje
09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
no i tested it out with someone.
We focused both on the same target kept bombing it 500 points gone and it did not get destroyed.
I never seen a target get destroyed in strike so far.

Gazz6666
09-22-2009, 10:17 AM
I've experienced something different in Strike. If you shoot down the enemy a few times, then when your teammate is bombing the target it goes into negative numbers untill the target is destroyed, rather than ending at 0, because enemy kills also subtract from the ticket counter.

Ancient Seraph
09-22-2009, 10:44 AM
I've experienced something different in Strike. If you shoot down the enemy a few times, then when your teammate is bombing the target it goes into negative numbers untill the target is destroyed, rather than ending at 0, because enemy kills also subtract from the ticket counter.
Had that once as well, quite strange.

Gazz6666
09-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Had that once as well, quite strange.

Not just once for me mate. Happens all the time. Probably because to win the game you have to destroy the targets completely, not deplete the enemy's tickets.

Ancient Seraph
09-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Not just once for me mate. Happens all the time. Probably because to win the game you have to destroy the targets completely, not deplete the enemy's tickets.
Officially not, but that might be a bug.

beaker126
09-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Happens to me too, and rarely, not being able to knock off any of the enemy's tickets. Number of players doesn't seem to make a difference.

Lincoln's Revenge
09-29-2009, 08:48 PM
It's not that hard to destroy targets outright with the heavier bombers. However, it does take a few passes and several THOUSAND pounds of bombs delivered accurately, on target, to get it done.

But how in the hell are you supposed to achieve some of the unlocks that involve destroying hardened bunkers with anemic fighter bomber loadouts? For instance, to unlock the lightest bomb and rocket loadout with the IL-2 M you must destroy 30 ground targets in strike missions with the plane.

If you read the unlock list you'll see that this must be done with nothing more than 4 50kg bombs at your disposal. You'll be lucky to destroy 1 target per mission with that loadout. And it can't be a short mission. We're talking 20 minutes at least.

Ancient Seraph
09-29-2009, 08:51 PM
It's not that hard to destroy targets outright with the heavier bombers. However, it does take a few passes and several THOUSAND pounds of bombs delivered accurately, on target, to get it done.

But how in the hell are you supposed to achieve some of the unlocks that involve destroying hardened bunkers with anemic fighter bomber loadouts? For instance, to unlock the lightest bomb and rocket loadout with the IL-2 M you must destroy 30 ground targets in strike missions with the plane.

If you read the unlock list you'll see that this must be done with nothing more than 4 50kg bombs at your disposal. You'll be lucky to destroy 1 target per mission with that loadout. And it can't be a short mission. We're talking 20 minutes at least.

I'd hold out with complaining about this until after the patch is released, they've adjusted the unlocks. Frankly, they litterally said 'Plane unlocks', but this might include weapon loadouts.

condorz38
12-29-2009, 08:57 AM
The easiest way with a plane with anemic or no bombs (like P-51) is to kamikaze the same bunker over and over. That was the only way I could get the unlocks, but it gets REAL boring. In a 20 minute match, with a fast plane, you can get 5 or 6 bunkers by doing a kamikaze run on each one until destroyed (5 to 7 crashes each). By the time i got the unlocks, I resolved never to kamikaze anything again. Although, I must admit, I did not mind crashing the P-51 D-5 that much.

Robotic Pope
12-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I think we can safely say the strike is pretty bugged. I had a game, were my team had destoyed all the enemy targets. Yet,the game said there were 4 left, and also 300 tickets. We flew across the whole map, but there really were no more targets.

So appearantly, there were 4 targets on the ground, that were bugged. and did not cause a ticket drop when we hit, and even destoyed them.

think this happend to you as well

Yeah this happens on certain maps. The 4 targets you had left would have been some of your own friendly bunkers. If you let the enemy bomb them they would begin to take off their own remaining 300 tickets.

This also works the other way of course. If you are bombing an enemy target but their tickets arn't going down, the target could be bugged and your own tickets are going down instead.

I remember my first sim strike match, We were winning easily and destroyed all the enemy bunkers but there was 3 targets left. It was an unlimited time match and we had to wait about 15 minutes or so for the other team to destroy those 3 targets that were incorrectlly asigned to the wrong team. Luckily they destroyed the 3 targets before they destroyed their final few targets so we won, but not by much in a game we really dominated lol.