PDA

View Full Version : The Movie "Defiance"

trk29
09-17-2009, 04:50 PM
I know this is off topic but I watched this movie last night and really enjoyed it. And thouhgt a lot of you guys and gals would like it has some pretty cool fighting and a little bit of stuka flying. It takes place in WW2 and stars Daniel Craig (from bond) there is some russian speaking with no subtitles but there isn't much said in russian they revert to English alot.

It is about Germany killing Jewish people and russians, and a bunch of them take refuge in the woods and live, hunt, and steal to survive.

I think it is a must watch. It is based on a true story.

guiltyspark
09-17-2009, 05:04 PM
it was DECENT , not amazing , but certainly worth a red box viewing

Soviet Ace
09-17-2009, 05:22 PM
I thought it was a good movie. Not much action, as they are hiding from the Germans, but it was decent. When I saw it in theaters, I didn't expect some Blockbuster high octane, action packed movie. So I thought it was good for what it was.

irrelevant
09-17-2009, 05:26 PM
This came out around the time of Valkyrie and, I have to admit, I like Defiance much better overall. Granted, Valkyrie has grown on me as I've realized how the filmmakers strived for historical accuracy by shooting at the actual locations where events took place (barring the Wolf's Lair, of course).

My favorite WW2 film/series is still Band of Brothers by far. That series was EPIC.