PDA

View Full Version : Betting on the release date

Tonbo
09-16-2009, 02:43 PM
As I'm kinda bored at the moment, I wanted to make a small bet about the release date for Armored Princess. Closest bet to the date is the winner and will receive a lot of virtual hugs, spanking, or dwarven ale.

I bet 7. October (though I hope for an earlier release)

Obviously no real money will be involved
Oh, and smack me hard if this is against the forum rules.
You can also smack me in the head if this was a lame bet :rolleyes:

ONLY BIDS HERE, We have already other topics about release, any other posts wil be deleted or moved - Elwin

Elwin
09-16-2009, 03:28 PM
My bet is first week of november, hope i am worng

monkeydog
09-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Oct 30

Metroplex
09-16-2009, 09:18 PM
25th December... the Christmas present we've all been waiting for!:grin:

mare911
09-17-2009, 01:18 PM
25th December... the Christmas present we've all been waiting for!:grin:

hm? Christmas is Jan 7th isn't it

Zhuangzi
09-17-2009, 03:20 PM
I think we've got a while to wait yet. Let's try Armistice Day, Nov 11. :)

jake21
09-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I wish it was as early as oct 7; but I suspect it will be a bit longer since the date hasn't yet been released and it will take a month+ to go through the publisher.

As I'm kinda bored at the moment, I wanted to make a small bet about the release date for Armored Princess. Closest bet to the date is the winner and will receive a lot of virtual hugs, spanking, or dwarven ale.

I bet 7. October (though I hope for an earlier release)

Obviously no real money will be involved
Oh, and smack me hard if this is against the forum rules.
You can also smack me in the head if this was a lame bet :rolleyes:

ONLY BIDS HERE, We have already other topics about release, any other posts wil be deleted or moved - Elwin

Metroplex
09-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Official: Oct. 30 release date.

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-armored-princess/overview

Metroplex
09-18-2009, 09:28 PM
monkeydog wins! Unless he accessed the page I linked and knew but didn't give a link to this info.
p.s. The cover is a bit riske for a 12-year old approved game.

Elwin
09-18-2009, 09:43 PM
OK so thread closed, will reopen if delayed

Elwin
10-28-2009, 09:28 AM
OK Since game is delayed new game starts :P

Tonbo
10-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Though it's really sad it got delayed, I guess they have their reasons.

I guess I will bet 12. November this time then :)

Elwin
10-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah i am also betting for middle november. 13 i think ... hope it will be earlier ;P

DGDobrev
10-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Time to join the betting :)

I bet November 18. Sooner will be highly preferable :)

Mandea
10-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I have to admit I enjoy a later date. I am busy enough with torchlight, CSI 5 and borderlands. And I need plenty of free time for AP :D

to join the betting: 15 november.

Zhuangzi
10-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I have to admit I enjoy a later date. I am busy enough with torchlight, CSI 5 and borderlands. And I need plenty of free time for AP :D

to join the betting: 15 november.

I already said Nov 11 so I'll stick with that for now. Mandea, I'm currently playing Torchlight too but I am struggling to play it for more than 30 mins at a time. Yeah, it's a casual game, but it's just too braindead for me. There's absolutely no thinking or strategy at all. The art direction is similar to KB through.

Mandea
10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
that's exactly why I want to be done with it as soon as possible to be ready for AP which I'll be playing many times (9 times KB :) ).

Gabenbringer
10-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Betting on Release date?

Hmm, i like winning so my money is on the 15th December.
:)

.. and the sad part is, that it will be the correct date...
:(:(:(

mare911
10-29-2009, 10:12 PM
25.feb.2010

just guessing

1nikita1
10-30-2009, 01:35 AM
November 17th. Most games seem to be released on a Tuesday

Infiltrator
10-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Well my bday is on the 13th so might as well bet on that.

Elwin
11-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Offcial date is 20th November end of bids

Divebomb
11-05-2009, 03:10 PM
pre-order site is up on gamersgate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-KBAP/kings-bounty-armored-princess

Elwin
11-05-2009, 04:33 PM
40 Euro LOL in my country preorder was 20Euro. but My currency is 4 times weaker than euro. So in fact its twice as much expensive if we compare payments.

2late
11-05-2009, 09:03 PM
please tell me there will be a steam version

Divebomb
11-05-2009, 10:10 PM
yeah, 40 euros is a little crazy. I was hoping for 30.

Tibster
11-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Pre ordered GG.
:-P

Zhuangzi
11-05-2009, 11:48 PM
One of the great things about Gamersgate for us Australians is that we pay in US dollars, so $40 US is $44 Aus currently, which is half what the game would cost at retail here in Australia. :cool:

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-06-2009, 02:05 AM
You can pre-order Dragon Age:Origins for the same price on Amazon. That's just being greedy.

Until the game devs and publishers (whoever makes the final agreement on pricing) agree to sell games for the same price as a CD i.e. £12.99 piracy will keep winning.

Mandea
11-06-2009, 07:48 AM
at that price no wonder there is piracy. bad move 1c, bad move.

Elwin
11-06-2009, 08:30 AM
I would wait a little .. maybe other sites have it cheaper. I am also shocked i suspected 30E. But i will have it anyway :P

Metroplex
11-07-2009, 04:43 AM
One of the great things about Gamersgate for us Australians is that we pay in US dollars, so $40 US is $44 Aus currently, which is half what the game would cost at retail here in Australia. :cool:

So KB:AP will be available at retail shops (the bricks and mortar ones) OR are you referring to sites like cdwow, mighty ape, etc. that ship to Australia?
I am concerned about the fact that maybe the game is going to be only available as a DL through sites like GG, Steam, etc. and not released on physical DVD and manual, the reason being, recent 1C releases like A farewell to dragons and Planet Alcatraz cannot be found in their physical form, only as DLs on these aforementioned sites. Searching the net to find where to buy them only leads to these sites.
I'd rather prefer the game come on DVD and manual, as I don't have broadband and would rather have a physical form of this game.:(

Zhuangzi
11-07-2009, 10:47 AM
So KB:AP will be available at retail shops (the bricks and mortar ones) OR are you referring to sites like cdwow, mighty ape, etc. that ship to Australia?
I am concerned about the fact that maybe the game is going to be only available as a DL through sites like GG, Steam, etc. and not released on physical DVD and manual, the reason being, recent 1C releases like A farewell to dragons and Planet Alcatraz cannot be found in their physical form, only as DLs on these aforementioned sites. Searching the net to find where to buy them only leads to these sites.
I'd rather prefer the game come on DVD and manual, as I don't have broadband and would rather have a physical form of this game.:(

No, I doubt we'll see it in chain stores like EB and Game here in Australia. You would have a better chance in Sydney than I do in Perth, but I've never seen a boxed copy of KB:TL for sale here at all and I expect AP will be the same. I have finally bitten the bullet and ordered a boxed copy of KB:TL (from ebay for $20) but the Gamersgate version of AP will be available much earlier than from any physical vendor (e.g. Gameplanet) So I will buy the d/l version now and a boxed copy a year from now when the price comes down. But yes, you do need broadband to download these games!

I feel sorry for those of you who have to pay in euros. 40 euros for a d/l game, which is more of an expansion than a sequel, is not a good deal. I would have thought AP would have been cheaper than a full game. It's okay for me, as $40 US is okay due to the exchange rate, but 40 euros would be worse for sure. :(

DGDobrev
11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Well, looking at what's transpiring, I must agree that 40E is a little overpriced. That kinda makes me want to pat myself on the shoulder for getting the Russian version on my company trip. I bought it for 414 rubl's, which was close to 14-15 euro at that time (I think, it was quite a while ago). Very reasonable price. I'm sad to see they set it at almost 3 times that much - suffice to say 40E is 1/5 of the average monthly salary in Bulgaria. You can imagine how strained the family budget will get if one wants to buy the english version...

Elwin
11-07-2009, 11:44 AM
I can say same ... for central/eastern europe its ridicoulous price.

Tibster
11-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Quality=Price.

Could u people stop and ask yourselves why it's that high ?
The whole gaming industy has been hit bi the economic recesion.

Is the price high - yes.
Will i buy the online and the palpable version - yes.
I have done that for the original to.

Did u people just sudenly forget what a breath of fresh air this game has been ?

If u have that much of a problem why not torrent it ?

Zhuangzi
11-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Quality=Price.

Could u people stop and ask yourselves why it's that high ?
The whole gaming industy has been hit bi the economic recesion.

Is the price high - yes.
Will i buy the online and the palpable version - yes.
I have done that for the original to.

Did u people just sudenly forget what a breath of fresh air this game has been ?

If u have that much of a problem why not torrent it ?

Tibster, the problem is that fixing a price like 40 euros is okay for some and terrible for others. We pay $90 Australian dollars for new games here, but that's 1/5 of a basic minimum WEEKLY wage and less than 1/10th of my weekly wage (high school teacher). $40 US is about $45 Australian currently, so this game will be 50% of the usual price for a game for me.

Contrast this with someone in Eastern Europe who wants to buy the game, but for whom 40 euros is a serious amount of money. So they will pirate the game. Why not make it cheaper for them? Games are dirt cheap in Russia (apparently) but it seems that the euro is bad news for many of the poorer European nations.

Tibster
11-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I dont drink and i dont smoke so i can indulge my hobby, and it's a expensive hobby.
Over the years i have gathered a large colection of legit. games , and i dont want to think how much they had actualy cost me.
My choise is simple i buy or not.
Or wait 6 months for the price to drop.
And since i'm not very good at patience , i buy now , bite the bullet.
Of course i know someone is actualy taking advantage of the price dif.

Metathron
11-07-2009, 05:14 PM
We pay $90 Australian dollars for new games here, but that's 1/5 of a basic minimum WEEKLY wage and less than 1/10th of my weekly wage (high school teacher).

A teacher's salary is some 2,300 euros down there? :eek: Here it's just over a 1000 in state schools, and less or as much as that in private language schools provided the school gives you 25 or more hours per week (but without the benefits you get in state schools).

You couldn't by any chance hook me up with one of these dream jobs? :grin: Though I reckon there's no shortage of english teachers. ;)

Elwin
11-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Quality=Price.

OK its obvious but :
We have Legend with 40-50 hours of gameplay with 100 quests 500 battles for 25-30E
and now with AP 30 hours around 300 battles around 80 quests for 40E. How do you coment that?

Divebomb
11-07-2009, 07:27 PM
OK its obvious but :
We have Legend with 40-50 hours of gameplay with 100 quests 500 battles for 25-30E
and now with AP 30 hours around 300 battles around 80 quests for 40E. How do you coment that?
well kb:tl was an unknown quantity when it was released. it had to earn its name, armored princess is a big deal and many people are really excited for it. that's the reasoning I can see, people WILL pay to play it. a little too aggressive and cynical on 1c's part, of course.

a little activision style with what they did with modernwarfare2 in the us. raising the regular pc price over all other games, because they can.

Elwin
11-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Well kinda true many poeple will pay, at least those who are forced to it. In my country there is at least choice : native retail version for 20E or english digital for 40E. Guess what 90% of players will choose :P

Metroplex
11-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Well kinda true many poeple will pay, at least those who are forced to it. In my country there is at least choice : native retail version for 20E or english digital for 40E. Guess what 90% of players will choose :P

Or you can download the pirated copy, which for sure will appear a few hours if not days after release for free, that will send home the message that if it's too expensive people will get it for free.
p.s. I will buy the boxed version, if no boxed version then I have no choice but to go pirate until the boxed version appears.

DGDobrev
11-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Well, sadly, that is the only thing that developers fail to consider. When their product suddenly receives a huge round of applause (thus good image of the trade mark), they usually up the prices, expecting a huuuge revenue. Well, in the modern economy situation, things usually don't go that way.

Looking at some of the opinions on the sales on the Russian forums, the Russian copy was very popular. It was around 15 euro (I think it could be found for less), and a lot of people could spare that much money, since you only need to deprive yourself of drinking and smoking (Note: I do not smoke) for a few days and voila - the game pays off. And then it pays off even further when you do a few playthroughs. You can well squeeze 90+ hours out of this game to try all 3 classes and check out all their options. It goes to over 150+ hours when you decide to try out the various difficulties.

Modern economics unequivocally shows that people will buy and support a product which is cheap and offers a good value for the money. KBAP had the potential to become one. So if the price was 15E, many people would have jumped at the game and stripped the shelves in the game shops from it. If the game was 20E, people would readily do that again. If the game was 25E, it is still a decent price, although some people will look at it with criticism. 30 euro starts to get a bit much. 40, that's a rip-off.

So, the developers should decide what do they want:
Example: we have 10 000 people who love the game and want to buy it.

9000 sales at 15 euro and 1000 people who will download a pirated copy
7000 sales at 20 euro and 3000 people who will download a pirated copy
5000 sales at 25 euro and 5000 people who will download a pirated copy (let's assume that 25E is a 50/50 situation, where quality and price clash)
3000 sales at 30 euro and 7000 people who will download a pirated copy
2000 sales at 40 euro and 8000 people who will download a pirated copy and have the same amount of fun (well, probably with less support, but who of them will care)

9000x15 is close to 7000x20. What is the difference? A person who had enjoyed the cheap game is more likely to share his thoughts with his friends and tell them where he bought it. A person who liked the game through a pirate copy, is more likely to share with his friends where he downloaded it.

So if I was a developer, I'd take the 9000x15 euro any day, provided it covers my expenses. Keeping in mind that the game was cheaper in Russia, I'm certain all the expenses have been covered and there was a certain revenue - otherwise the price would have been higher in Russia.

Zhuangzi
11-08-2009, 12:21 AM
A teacher's salary is some 2,300 euros down there? :eek: Here it's just over a 1000 in state schools, and less or as much as that in private language schools provided the school gives you 25 or more hours per week (but without the benefits you get in state schools).

You couldn't by any chance hook me up with one of these dream jobs? :grin: Though I reckon there's no shortage of english teachers. ;)

2300 euros over what period? If you mean 2300 a fortnight, no, it's not that much. If you mean 2300 a month, it's more than that. But of course the cost of living is much higher here. To give a personal example, I will be putting KB:AP on my credit card as I don't actually have any spare cash at the moment.

So you're an English teacher? So I am. :)

Regarding the general discussion about prices of games v wages, I reiterate my earlier point about the unfairness of the price of games in particular countries. For instance, here in Australia we are usually ripped off outrageously with retail prices. Games that retail for $40-50 in the US will be $90-100 here (or even slightly more than $100) even though the currencies are currently almost worth the same. They blocked Australians from using Steam to buy/download certain games for this very reason. So it makes economic sense for me to buy the Gamersgate version now and then a boxed copy in a year or so on ebay, for LESS than the price of a retail game here.

Newton
11-08-2009, 05:55 AM
On a side note, am I the only one that has realized that the scheduled Nov. 20 release date falls e-x-a-c-t-l-y on the same date the game was officially announced: "King's Bounty: Armored Princess Official Announcement"

:rolleyes:

Metroplex
11-08-2009, 06:15 AM
2300 euros over what period? If you mean 2300 a fortnight, no, it's not that much. If you mean 2300 a month, it's more than that. But of course the cost of living is much higher here. To give a personal example, I will be putting KB:AP on my credit card as I don't actually have any spare cash at the moment.

So you're an English teacher? So I am. :)

Regarding the general discussion about prices of games v wages, I reiterate my earlier point about the unfairness of the price of games in particular countries. For instance, here in Australia we are usually ripped off outrageously with retail prices. Games that retail for $40-50 in the US will be $90-100 here (or even slightly more than $100) even though the currencies are currently almost worth the same. They blocked Australians from using Steam to buy/download certain games for this very reason. So it makes economic sense for me to buy the Gamersgate version now and then a boxed copy in a year or so on ebay, for LESS than the price of a retail game here.

That is why I never shop at bricks and mortar stores here in Australia, too expensive!
I prefer to buy my games on eBay and usually I save a lot of money, sometimes I bid and win a hefty discount on the price of the game compared to retail prices in Aussie game shops.
For instance I just bought a brand new copy of Borderlands for PC for just $20 including postage, game shops can't beat that even when they are on 'sale'.:grin:

Zhuangzi
11-08-2009, 09:49 AM
That is why I never shop at bricks and mortar stores here in Australia, too expensive!
I prefer to buy my games on eBay and usually I save a lot of money, sometimes I bid and win a hefty discount on the price of the game compared to retail prices in Aussie game shops.
For instance I just bought a brand new copy of Borderlands for PC for just $20 including postage, game shops can't beat that even when they are on 'sale'.:grin:

Borderlands for $20? Where? Can you get Dragon Age for that price? :-P

Metroplex
11-08-2009, 10:33 AM
eBay.:grin:
The cheapest copy of Dragon Age is $30, From India 99% positive feedback, ... if I was mildly interested in this game I'd buy it but it just doesn't appeal to me, the game looks kinda boring, I'd wait for the positive reviews to come pouring in.
But it pays to shop around and compare prices and positive versus negative feedback, or wait a bit more until prices come down as they always do... also wait for the Aussie Dollar to continue rising against all major currencies! (as it will!)
After the debacle that was Risen, I am not too keen to try another RPG for a while.:grin:

Zhuangzi
11-08-2009, 10:45 AM
I've just realised that you can buy books from cdwow. $10-13 for books that cost $22 or more here. :eek:

And I can't really be bothered with Dragon Age either. Wouldn't mind Fallout 3 GOTY for about $30 though...

Saridu
11-09-2009, 05:37 AM

Couldn't agree more, I can't believe how over priced Australian released games are :confused:

I think the piracy issue is mostly an affordability issue, as a kid in my former homeland (South Africa) games were obscenely expensive, if you could find them that is, so I pirated more than a couple in my day. As I grew older and actually earned my own money I used to buy some games because ripped games were just a huge pain in the ass to get (if they even worked that is). Selling games way out of reach of the man on the street encourages usually honourable men to walk across the moral line and pirate.

I came to Australia and thought $90 for a new release wasn't bad (cheaper than paying 5% of my salary on a new game in SA) then I was introduced to the joys of cheap broadband and Ebay :-P and have never looked back. Mod chipped my PS2 and I import all my JRPGs from the states and never pay more than the Austrlian releases (when, if they ever get released that is)

KB is one of the few RPGs for the PC that I still have faith in and as Zhuangzi was saying $44 AUD is resonable (about 1% of my monthly salary) - even the Finance Minister can't argue with that! Pre order going in :grin:

Metroplex
11-09-2009, 07:34 AM
I couldn't resist, in a moment of weakness... I bought Dragon Age: Origins! :-P

Newton
11-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I couldn't resist, in a moment of weakness... I bought Dragon Age: Origins! :-P

I purchased it too, but it won't play on my computer. I read where its bug-ridden anyhow, and KB: The Legend only had one or two "minor" bugs. :-)

Mandea
11-10-2009, 07:55 AM
strange, I couldn't find any bugs in DAO whatsoever. but I didn't play it for too long. I have a problem with bioware games, they don't have the magic I'm looking for. the kind of magic KB has (or blizzard games), to keep me in front of the pc for days.

Zhuangzi
11-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Couldn't agree more, I can't believe how over priced Australian released games are :confused:

I think the piracy issue is mostly an affordability issue, as a kid in my former homeland (South Africa) games were obscenely expensive, if you could find them that is, so I pirated more than a couple in my day. As I grew older and actually earned my own money I used to buy some games because ripped games were just a huge pain in the ass to get (if they even worked that is). Selling games way out of reach of the man on the street encourages usually honourable men to walk across the moral line and pirate.

I came to Australia and thought $90 for a new release wasn't bad (cheaper than paying 5% of my salary on a new game in SA) then I was introduced to the joys of cheap broadband and Ebay :-P and have never looked back. Mod chipped my PS2 and I import all my JRPGs from the states and never pay more than the Austrlian releases (when, if they ever get released that is)

KB is one of the few RPGs for the PC that I still have faith in and as Zhuangzi was saying $44 AUD is resonable (about 1% of my monthly salary) - even the Finance Minister can't argue with that! Pre order going in :grin:

It's $38 now, Saridu. You will get a refund in blue coins if you preordered at the full price, I believe (credit for buying more games). Bring on next Thursday!