PDA

View Full Version : Aviator guys....how will you customize your controls?

mrbungle
09-14-2009, 03:27 PM
With the new update in the works for customizable controls...how will you customize the controls??
In sim mode I guess the map needs to be easily accessible and maybe zoom...
I haven't figured out what to do yet...It's a pain to reach around the AV8R

King Jareth
09-14-2009, 03:42 PM
It's a pain to reach around

fnar fnar

cydno
09-14-2009, 03:49 PM
With the new update in the works for customizable controls...how will you customize the controls??
In sim mode I guess the map needs to be easily accessible and maybe zoom...
I haven't figured out what to do yet...It's a pain to reach around the AV8R

For the PS3 version of the aviator (2 buttons less than X360), I will have to put the Zoom easily accessible for example on the X button.
While the "flow controler" (sorry if that is the wrong term in english) will be a combination of 2 buttons (probably X and Triangle).
Wheel brakes will be on the throttle lever lowest position.

The rest I will let it as it is now... I am used to it.
I need to try this though... subject to changes.

Crazyowl3
09-14-2009, 09:04 PM
I whanted to ask someone that use the aviator, how is it, those is worth the $50 dollars or should i whait for the update to see if they fix it or get a better control likr the aces edge or Hori? in compare of the regular control.

I realy love the game but the control part is the part I cant pass. I use the xbox by the way.

Lucky ps3 that they can use other control like the ones in pc!

TexRoadkill
09-14-2009, 09:39 PM
The aviator is worth the money if you play alot on realistic or sim. It will be even better when we can map the buttons.

I want to have the Map and Zoom be up on the stick buttons. Seems a waste to have bombs and rockets up there when they are hardly used. Could always re-map for ground attack missions.

King Jareth
09-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah I'll be having zoom on one of the colour buttons and probably map and flaps as well (sim player) as they're the buttons I use the most.

Crazyowl3
09-15-2009, 02:53 AM
So the avator for the xbox is a good buy, ose it feal ok when using the rudders, I know the breaks are gonna get fix in the patch, just whant to make sure that is better than using a controler?

and this is for Anton if he read these. Its there gonna be another better control stick for the xbox and I should hold my money for it?

<S> CRazyowl

Thnkz for the responde guys. :cool:

GCoutinho
09-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Well i hope that eventually you can set different buttons for machine guns and cannons (different ballistics) , so for sim :
- cannons (or map)
- flaps
- zoom
I wish that you can also change freeview to work in a may that you don't have to continually controll the hat switch. If you press left , you press left hard your view moves faster , if you leave the hat switch alone you view keeps looking left.