PDA

View Full Version : Game Update... Great!

cydno
09-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Hi there,

I am only reporting what I have seen on the new forum:

check this out!

GAME UPDATE

Common for all platforms:

Controls remapping (custom layout).
Changed MP kills scoring system. Suicide will always reduce score, crash (or bailout) soon after signifficant damage will scores to shooter, crash (or bailout) after 12 seconds after being hit even lightly will score to shooter.
Brakes with flightstick fix.
(For Arcade& realistic) RS will look around with 'half pressed' target camera trigger.
More effective flak.

PlayStation3 only:

Screen-tearing fixes.
PC flightstick suport (with custom layouts).
USB mouse support (for mouse look)

The date of title update will be announced later.

This is really good news...:cool: Thanks Anton!
the only thing is that I will have to buy a much more efficient joystick if the game can now support the the PC flightstick :grin:
This will make a lot of new "joystick threads" on this forum though :shock:.

On the new forum you can also post yout suggestions for a possible sequel!

King Jareth
09-13-2009, 11:29 AM
I am only reporting what I have seen on the new forum:

Which forum? Link please.

Edit - never mind found it here (http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showforum=7)

cydno
09-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Which forum? Link please.

Look here.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=9696

nudger1964
09-13-2009, 11:37 AM
jeeze, thats not a M.P fix. You need to get a score credit no matter how long after you shot em up they crash!!! 12 seconds? wont make the slightest bit of difference

El Hadji
09-13-2009, 11:38 AM
"(For Arcade& realistic) RS will look around with 'half pressed' target camera trigger"

Wonder how "look around" will work in Simulator? Its even more important there to have a easy and smooth "looking-around-system"...

cheapas1210
09-13-2009, 12:14 PM
jeeze, thats not a M.P fix. You need to get a score credit no matter how long after you shot em up they crash!!! 12 seconds? wont make the slightest bit of difference

I dunno , I think it's half a sensible idea really. It gives the person on the run a bit of credit by getting away from a kill.

King Jareth
09-13-2009, 12:17 PM
I dunno , I think it's half a sensible idea really. It gives the person on the run a bit of credit by getting away from a kill.

Or what if you get clipped then some fool takes you out a minute later in a mid air collision?

cheapas1210
09-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Or what if you get clipped then some fool takes you out a minute later in a mid air collision?

well not sure how that works but in my book that's just a crash, but if you're on about kamakazies that's different alltogether

Dexter
09-13-2009, 12:22 PM

If an aircraft is damaged by another pilot and about to crash, someone else could swoop in and get a couple of hits on it seconds before it does crash. A 12 second limit might stop kill stealing in these circumstances.

That's how I read it. I think...

MorgothNL
09-13-2009, 01:12 PM
just wondering.... is it possible for a XBOX 360 to hook use a PC usb flightstick?? I know it is not possible right now.. but is the xbox capable if it wanted to?

King Jareth
09-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Is the 360 capable? most probably.
Will MS let it happen? Not a hope in hell fella.

nudger1964
09-13-2009, 02:24 PM
If an aircraft is damaged by another pilot and about to crash, someone else could swoop in and get a couple of hits on it seconds before it does crash. A 12 second limit might stop kill stealing in these circumstances.

That's how I read it. I think...

12 seconds isnt enough time to even hit the ground from any reasonable height...better someone else gets a kill than no kill awarded for any crash...assuming got a hit of some kind on them...its a perfectly legit kill if youve forced them into the ground by making them stall

MorgothNL
09-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Is the 360 capable? most probably.
Will MS let it happen? Not a hope in hell fella.

Why wouldnt they? in the sense off... why wouldnt they...and sony would...

trk29
09-13-2009, 02:43 PM

Probably because M$ doesn't want you using anything but stuff licensed by them.

Look at the ugly steering wheel that they make you guys use for racing games. It's wrong you should be able to use anything that pc compatible all of it is made by M$ and they would make a little more money if it were possible.

caphead
09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
this is great news! thank you!

Anton Yudintsev
09-13-2009, 02:55 PM

This is only for 'light hit', which hasn't affect pilot's ability to control a plane.
For hard hit is is about one minute.
And even suicide without being hit reduces score.
Please, read carefully.

Houndstone Hawk
09-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Re: (For Arcade& realistic) RS will look around with 'half pressed' target camera trigger.

The very players that require an easier & smoother look-around system for their gamepads are those that use the simulator mode as (obviously & rightly) there is no target padlock aid so I am absolutely dumb founded that the simulator player is left out of this much needed update.

Otherwise great news for the rest of the fixes.

ppizzi
09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Excellent news regarding the update. Now I'll finally be able to enjoy the sim with a flight stick rather than be pissed at the controls on PS3.

Surprised this wasn't there from the beginning, but thanks to devs for listening / the coming update, I can't wait to enjoy this excellent sim!

merro
09-13-2009, 03:30 PM
great news, a lot of more patching needed to make this game perfect, but that is a good start!!!

nudger1964
09-13-2009, 03:44 PM
This is only for 'light hit', which hasn't affect pilot's ability to control a plane.
For hard hit is is about one minute.
And even suicide without being hit reduces score.
Please, read carefully.

i did read it carefully and i know thats what you said...thanks for pointing it out though
both need at least doubling IMO...but there ya go

GabeFan
09-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Great news Anton!! Thanks for the info.

BoP is already my favorite console game, so this will make it even better...

haitch40
09-13-2009, 04:09 PM
ok and now all it needs is some publicity

QBlackDeathQ
09-13-2009, 04:57 PM
ok and now all it needs is some publicity

that and some blood effects, i remember WWII fighters for the pc in the 90's. i remember seeing blood inside the pit when you as the pilot got hit so why cant we have it in a next gen game?

trk29
09-13-2009, 05:20 PM
that and some blood effects, i remember WWII fighters for the pc in the 90's. i remember seeing blood inside the pit when you as the pilot got hit so why cant we have it in a next gen game?

Anton stated because of censorship.

I know, but I am just telling you.

skullblits
09-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Why make a new forum?? Whats the matter with this one?

trk29
09-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Why make a new forum?? Whats the matter with this one?

This is still the main forum. He just wanted to be able to post tables and such.

skullblits
09-13-2009, 05:34 PM
I see wanna play in abit?

trk29
09-13-2009, 05:35 PM
I see wanna play in abit?

Can't I'm at work and don't get home for another 6 hrs.

Plippy
09-13-2009, 05:54 PM
This is really great news- thanks for continuing to support this on the dev side, Anton.

It sounds like I could have just waited for the PS3 version and not dropped $160 US for the Ace-Edge! In fact, I wonder if the PS3 version will have an advantage in that flight sticks won't have the deadzone limitation imposed by Microsoft.

Pup
09-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Obviously a lot of people have complained about the deadzone with joysticks, which isn't mentioned in this patch. I haven't played any other games on my ps3 with a joystick, so I don't know if it is a general issue, so I'm wondering if it is something that is able to be fixed? It's good that issues are getting dealt with, but was kinda expecting something to do with the stick and throttle (on the hotas) deadzones too.

Anton Yudintsev
09-13-2009, 06:06 PM
This is really great news- thanks for continuing to support this on the dev side, Anton.

It sounds like I could have just waited for the PS3 version and not dropped $160 US for the Ace-Edge!

Sorry for that, but this possibility was actually stated (by me) from the begining - long time ago.
I mean, it was unclear will we be able to do it in patch, but PS3 is the only platform, where it is possible, since MS is not allowing 3rd party peripherial.
In fact, I wonder if the PS3 version will have an advantage in that flight sticks won't have the deadzone limitation imposed by Microsoft.

Unfortunately (or luckily for PS3 users) it is so. MS deadzone is unchangeable, and in PS3 it can be customized.
I suppose another question is, since the Ace-Edge does work with the PC (or so I hear), will this work with the PS3? If so and the deadzone is reduced, I just might be picking this up for the PS3.
Don't know, actually - but I seriously doubt that. PS3 will work only with Dinput USB devices, not Xinput devices (X360 gamepad is also working on PC and not working on PS3).

Anton Yudintsev
09-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Obviously a lot of people have complained about the deadzone with joysticks, which isn't mentioned in this patch. I haven't played any other games on my ps3 with a joystick, so I don't know if it is a general issue, so I'm wondering if it is something that is able to be fixed? It's good that issues are getting dealt with, but was kinda expecting something to do with the stick and throttle (on the hotas) deadzones too.

In title update (for PS3 only though) there will be deadzone customization.

Pup
09-13-2009, 06:12 PM

Thankyou for your swift response, very welcome news indeed :)

moozicmon
09-13-2009, 06:12 PM
This is FANTASTIC news Anton!

Questions, how do you award points in a kamikaze kill? I crash into someone full speed and it says I crash, but the other guy gets a point. Someone crashes into me full speed, I crash, and they get the point. I should point out I am NOT doing this on purpose, but when it does happen, how does the point get awarded 'cause I would like to know how to deal with the guys that keep crashing into me on purpose...

Danny M NL
09-13-2009, 06:18 PM
I posted this in the suggestions to devs section already but I do not know if this is still checked so I'll post it here to make sure... ( text made smaller to not take up so much space, I don't want to be a nuisance).

please have the bailout button more easily reachable, right now I have to go all the way to the start screen, select bailout, select yes, and then bail out...

this translates to : start, select, down, down, down, X, left, X...

this takes way too long. I don't know if the button's normally used for issueing commands are used in multiplayer, but maybe you can assign the bailout button to one of these buttons? or to make sure you don't accidentally push it, have it in a way that you have to press both the attack and defend order buttons at the same time and that you bailout then...

and maybe have only half the kill points if a pilot manages to bail out?

this would GREATLY improve the multiplayer experience, since that way people will actually be able to bail out, instead of the few times it is possible now...

trk29

Questions, how do you award points in a kamikaze kill? I crash into someone full speed and it says I crash, but the other guy gets a point. Someone crashes into me full speed, I crash, and they get the point. I should point out I am NOT doing this on purpose, but when it does happen, how does the point get awarded 'cause I would like to know how to deal with the guys that keep crashing into me on purpose...

Never noticed they get a point if they crash into me it just says that I crashed I will look more closely next time.

trk29

Awesome. Thanks!

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
09-13-2009, 06:21 PM

Same kind of reason why the PS3 has a internet browser and the 360 doesn't. MS want to control everything to maximise profits.

This patch is great news. Is there any word on updating multiplayer servers? As in, can they be changed to allow people to join a game that's already started.

moozicmon
09-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Never noticed they get a point if they crash into me it just says that I crashed I will look more closely next time.

yeah, first time I noticed it was in a one on one match, he just kept coming at me head on and would crash into me, got about 3 kills out of it before I changed my strategy...then he started crashing every he got any damage and I received no points :mad:

Ah well, the update will make it a much more consistent/enjoyable experience :)

Robotic Pope
09-13-2009, 06:24 PM

If you get a hit on the other guys plane before the mid air crash, you will get a kill aswell because it's within the current 5? seconds. It sounds like this would be the same after the patch aswell. Its not a big problem to me, ive had loads of head to head collisons and it seems quite realistic to me. I don't think people try to crash into you its just your plane has to follow where you want your bullets to go.

trk29
09-13-2009, 06:26 PM

What about the rudder for ps3 AV8R

Anton Yudintsev
09-13-2009, 06:32 PM
What about the rudder for ps3 AV8R

Cause it can be customized, it can be customize.
Have I answered?

trk29
09-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Have I answered?

No there is no little movement when you make a little twist of the stick the rudder moves all the way, there is no fine adjustment like it is for the XBox the rudder handles differently for both consoles. It is digital and not analog. When trying to add a little rudder it violently jerks one way or another. You and devs may not even be aware of this issue.

moozicmon
09-13-2009, 06:34 PM
I don't think people try to crash into you its just your plane has to follow where you want your bullets to go.

I disagree. There have been plenty of times where I have been going head on and am able to climb or dive in order to avoid a collision. And as far as getting a kill when it's within a certain time frame, what determines who gets the kill? In most instances where this occurs, I am hitting the other guy as much as he is hitting me, yet he gets the kill?

Plippy
09-13-2009, 06:35 PM

I got a little carried away and posted in several threads about this, but thank you for clarifying this. The Ace-Edge doesn't work in the XMB, so it sounds like this won't work, as you suppose.

On the other hand, I'm really glad to hear that you're trying to make the best possible version for each platform (PS3 and Xbox) without "dumbing down" either version. I've already got my $50 worth out of the Xbox version and I'll be glad to spend another $50 on the PS3 version and a new flight stick as long as you guys continue to support this. The Xbox/Ace-Edge combo is pretty close to perfect, but deadzone customization will be even better.

trk29
09-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Have I answered?

No there is no little movement when you make a little twist of the stick the rudder moves all the way, there is no fine adjustment like it is for the XBox the rudder handles differently for both consoles. It is digital and not analog. When trying to add a little rudder it violently jerks one way or another. You and devs may not even be aware of this issue.

Do you understand what I am saying?

ryan2107
09-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Good update. This is what I was waiting for before I purchased the game. I will be digging my X45 out of the closet now.

trk29
09-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Good update. This is what I was waiting for before I purchased the game. I will be digging my X45 out of the closet now.

I bet there is going to be a limit on how many and how old the sticks are and still be able to map the buttons. The way a pc works it has to recognize what stick you are using before you can map and if the ps3 version doesn't have the driver I don't see how it can recognize it. I guess we need clarification one how many and what sticks it will support.

Or if it just recognizes buttons and generic sticks.

Anton Yudintsev
09-13-2009, 07:17 PM

It is simply digital on PS3 and analogue on PC/360.
Nothing we can do.

Anton Yudintsev
09-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Do you understand what I am saying?

Yes, now.
Rudder of Avitor is digital on PS3 (not on 360).
Blame Saitek, not us.

Robotic Pope
09-13-2009, 07:23 PM
I disagree. There have been plenty of times where I have been going head on and am able to climb or dive in order to avoid a collision. And as far as getting a kill when it's within a certain time frame, what determines who gets the kill? In most instances where this occurs, I am hitting the other guy as much as he is hitting me, yet he gets the kill?

I don't know, maybe you need to do over a certain amount of damage before the crash and the other guy is doing more damage to you than you did to him.
I am sure most people arn't trying to ram you, just trying to shoot you and don't pull away in time.

trk29
09-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Nothing we can do.

:(
Oh well thanks for clarifying.

So even pc sticks that have the twist feature for the ps3 are going to be like this?

Yes, now.
Blame Saitek, not us.

Maybe you could send them a note to have that changed and make them the same? And let them know their sticks are not correct between consoles?

mdbuehler
09-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Awesome, thanks Anton! Good to finally know about the dead zone reason on 360 too. Microsoft is weird sometimes about the most random things! Really enjoying the game!! :)

trk29
09-13-2009, 07:42 PM
I have sent Saitek a email with my concerns I hope everybody with a ps3 and AV8R 03 will do the same. Here is what I sent them

Hello,
As a forum moderator and owner of IL-2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey, we as ps3 gamers have just found out of a problem with the AV8R 03 for the Playstation 3.
The twist in the stick for rudder is digital whereas the twist of the stick on the AV8R 02 XBox is analog.
What does this mean? When you apply rudder on the AV8R 03 it is either all the way or centered. So there is no fine adjustment when trying to shoot the opponent.
I have talked to the CEO of Gaijin Anton Yudintsev and he said there is nothing he can do. But I feel you could make a change to your stick because every PS3 user on the forum is aggravated that this button is digital and not analog. Since most people have been saying that they are going to be buying the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas instead of this stick. And now we have another option of using pc flight sticks instead of either one of these.
I own this stick and can confirm the twist is not correct. I think if you really want to sell this stick you should make this change. I thank you for your time in reading this. Have a good day.

Tim

Raw Kryptonite
09-13-2009, 07:42 PM
:(
Maybe you could send them a note to have that changed and make them the same? And let them know their sticks are not correct between consoles?

I think they just need to create a quality flight stick for use on the consoles. I'm not happy with the build quality, layout and general feel of the Aviator. Force feedback would be nice, especially in a pre-fly-by-wire flight game.

Dexter
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Yes, now.
Blame Saitek, not us.

With upcoming patch with deadzone customization, boy am I glad I got the T-Flight Hotas X!
Gonna be some p****d off Saitek owners out there...

Lexandro
09-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Great news on the update. The custom buttons is a much needed addition to the game. It will be interesting to see how the "half" hold camera look works, I have a feeling it will be a great addition.

Any news on updating the MP code?

dazz1971
09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
well im a little disapointed they havent update the mp to include a lobby system so you dont have to keep sending out game invites after every match
think this is going to b the major thorn in the side for this game as the mp aspect is letting this game down :(

BadByte
09-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Yes, now.
Blame Saitek, not us.

This is false, connect a AV8R-03 to a pc then go to the joystict calibration and you will see the rudder output is analog

fuzzychickens
09-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Anton, can you go into detail about what exactly PC flightstick support for PS3 means?

Do this mean I can hook up a CH products flight stick, throttle, and rudder pedals to the ps3 and be able to map these controls?

Or use a logitech G940?

Just curious to what extent you intend to support PC flight sticks.

trk29
09-13-2009, 09:38 PM
This is false, connect a AV8R-03 to a pc then go to the joystict calibration and you will see the rudder output is analog

You are correct I tried this on my mac playing X-plane.

Anton on pc it is analog.

Lexandro
09-13-2009, 09:40 PM
That may simply be due to the sticks BIOS file. This is what Anton may be talking about. PC's are not identical to a console and there are a few issues when using peripherals from one on another.

Hori
09-13-2009, 10:04 PM
I got my aviatior stick and can wait, once a proper stick (hotas, rudder pedals and a hatswitch that works properly) becomes available for this title on the ps3. I'll be getting that.
Until then I'll be sipping tea and making fireballs in the sky :)

This game needs more polish, and if cash is some sort of restriction, I'll suggest the "timesavers pack" from burnout paradise.

Dexter
09-13-2009, 10:52 PM
...and the million dollar question.

Do we have an ETA on the update? Ballpark?

Yossarian
09-14-2009, 12:36 AM
If Anton was able to post what the patch fixes I would assume it's done. Now we wait possibly 2 weeks for the platform holders to TRC and certify before making it available. But this time of year many games have gone gold ready to ship in the next month or two so we might have to wait a little longer than usual.

I've just realised there was nothing in there about redouts or blackouts, I wonder if they will be patched in as was mentioned a while ago.

Roboslob
09-14-2009, 04:38 AM
Blackouts are possible, but l believe it takes more to cause them. l think red-outs are in the same situation.

l88bastard
09-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Anton, can you go into detail about what exactly PC flightstick support for PS3 means?

Do this mean I can hook up a CH products flight stick, throttle, and rudder pedals to the ps3 and be able to map these controls?

Or use a logitech G940?

Just curious to what extent you intend to support PC flight sticks.

Oh, yes Anton please answer this!! I would love to hook up my CH fighterstick, throttle & peddals to my PS3. I got this game on the 360 with the ace edge but I will buy another copy for the PS3 immediately if using my CH sticks will be possible!!

Also, will their be a way to use my track ir 4 pro with the ps3? Man if I could have my CH gear and my trackIR going for this game on the PS3 I would be in heaven! Please let us know!

Anton Yudintsev
09-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Blackouts are possible, but l believe it takes more to cause them. l think red-outs are in the same situation.

http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showtopic=13

Anton Yudintsev
09-14-2009, 07:07 AM
Oh, yes Anton please answer this!! I would love to hook up my CH fighterstick, throttle & peddals to my PS3. I got this game on the 360 with the ace edge but I will buy another copy for the PS3 immediately if using my CH sticks will be possible!!

Also, will their be a way to use my track ir 4 pro with the ps3? Man if I could have my CH gear and my trackIR going for this game on the PS3 I would be in heaven! Please let us know!

On PS3 you'll be able to map your controls from PC flightsticks. We haven't tested this on all possible flightsticks, just on some we have.

TrackIR most likely won't be supported.

Anton Yudintsev
09-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Anton on pc it is analog.

That's what I said, I guess.
It is digital only on PS3 for unclear (to me) reason.

Pyquila
09-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Just got my copy (360) this saturday and didn't have that much time to play. But the few hours in the sky where amazing.

Seeing this update i might have to get the ps3 version too =) (great way to increase sales (only joking!). Really good to see that some issues will be fixed and some new features will be implemented. Using a mouse for freelook will make me very, very happy.

Great work!

Houndstone Hawk
09-14-2009, 01:57 PM
I can't believe that more SIMULATOR MODE players aren't asking the same question concerning the modified look-around feature not being implemented onto the ONLY MODE THAT REALLY NEEDS IT!!! Why on earth would a player of Arcade & Realistic want this feature when they have the option to jam down the padlock 100% of the time????? I know that the PS3 version gives the gamer the option to try the wireless/aviator setting for the pad which dedicates the right stick to look-around but at the expense of zoom. Was there no way atall that this mofication (crucial to SIMULATOR), could have been achieved. I understand there is no padlock button to utilize on SIM MAPPING but not even if the the firing trigger could be half depressed; anything???? How many airplanes in the hangar would realistically carry both rockets AND bombs, yet there's two buttons (hardly used) that are wasted up!
I am absolutely sure that if the SIMULATOR controls were looked at & the ability to free-look with ease without the loss of a zoom button, then more players would be prepared to give it a go & you wouldn't have evenings of waiting, waiting, waiting for a SIMULATOR mp match.

As before though, great news on the rest of the updates etc!!!

aceofdaves
09-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Re: (For Arcade& realistic) RS will look around with 'half pressed' target camera trigger.

The very players that require an easier & smoother look-around system for their gamepads are those that use the simulator mode as (obviously & rightly) there is no target padlock aid so I am absolutely dumb founded that the simulator player is left out of this much needed update.

Otherwise great news for the rest of the fixes.

+1

Easy look-around would be nice in arcade in realistic but it really is essential in Sim mode. I do understand that the problem is that using the zoom button would preclude the possibility of looking around and zooming however, which is also essential.

aceofdaves
09-14-2009, 02:15 PM
...unless custom mapping allows it to be moved?

Anton Yudintsev
09-14-2009, 02:15 PM
+1

Easy look-around would be nice in arcade in realistic but it really is essential in Sim mode. I do understand that the problem is that using the zoom button would preclude the possibility of looking around and zooming however, which is also essential.

Since layout is customizable, it is not such a problem any more.

Anton Yudintsev
09-14-2009, 02:16 PM
...unless custom mapping allows it to be moved?

Exactly.
P.S. Few seconds earlier.
P.P.S I have to wait f-ng 30 seconds before reply.

aceofdaves
09-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Exactly.

"Great minds...", Anton! ;)

Excellent! Loving the game and looking forward to the coming 'optimisations'

:).

Houndstone Hawk
09-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the reply Anton. Will be interested in trying out the customized mappings in SIM Mode.

MorgothNL
09-14-2009, 03:32 PM
anton, i was thinking...how do we score in dogfight,limited ammo on..?if we are out of ammo,and want new,we need to bail..but that will be suicide right?

TRC Subaru
09-14-2009, 03:57 PM
When will we get the update?

Dubbedinenglish
09-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Screen tearing fixes..WOOOOO!!!!

FilthyPrick
09-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Exactly.

Thanks Anton,

This will make the game near perfect for me.

Martinho
09-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Haha I bought tflight x specifically for PS3 last week got an x52 hooked up to the PC
:mad:

good news all the same gonna send this tflight back

King Jareth
09-14-2009, 06:40 PM
So i rewired my Aviator for nothing? ... lol ... good job:)

I was going to rewire this week, I'll hold off now;).

Swagger7
09-14-2009, 06:46 PM
http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showtopic=13

Damnit, I liked not having blackouts & redouts. Oh well. Will they be optional? (i.e. Can I turn them off?) Also, will the game take into account that g-suits were invented and used during the later parts of the war?

Maxtor
09-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Nice, I shall now invest in this game, the niggles were putting me off - being able to use my PC flight stick is even sweeter - force feedback support is probably too much to ask for though ;)

Crazyowl3
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Sooo. this is my first post and got to say the game looks preaty good, just leaving out the bad stuff:grin::grin:

Just got to say That I play a lot il2 in pc I can consider my self a hardcore fly gamer. got fly sticks, rudder and track-ir the only thing missing is those custom cockpit frames. Anyways I like to hear that the game is gonna get update typical stuff for and il2 game(in pc is the same history, but what I loke the most is that regular people make the game better).

I just whant to know and Iam glad that you ps3 guy can have any stick to fly with, and I know that microsoft whant to have exclusivity in there box, what about us the xbox players what stick are good out there, acesedge, the hori to mush money, Hori its going in amazon for $400, aces edge is going for like S250, the aviator is like $50, and right now have problems.

So xbox players, what control you guys recomend for this game.
Dev: Microsoft dont whant to team up with other companies so we can use regular already own joysticks. You guys have any special combo or something like aces6?

Anyways. srry for my writting I dont write to mush in inglish and I feel sick :evil:

<S> Crazyowl

reynard11
09-14-2009, 08:09 PM
As soon as this update is released, you guys just got another sale. :)

QBlackDeathQ
09-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Anton stated because of censorship.

I know, but I am just telling you.

thats a weak defence i think even skate has blood effects and your just on a stinken board and it has the same teen rate. so again why no blood anton? they have and i want it too waaaah!:cry:

teambayern
09-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Anton, this is mostly great news. I know it's not your fault, but the fact that XBOX users are stuck with a deadzone is crushing. On top of the loss of control, I'm worried all the hardcores will leave to the PS3 and we won't have enough for online games anymore.

Can you give a short reason why PS3 can be tuned and xbox can't, even for xbox sticks?

Danny M NL
09-15-2009, 07:16 PM
thats a weak defence i think even skate has blood effects and your just on a stinken board and it has the same teen rate. so again why no blood anton? they have and i want it too waaaah!:cry:

Maybe because in skate all you do is fall off a frickin' skateboard and getting a little scratched instead of getting your brains and guts shot out....

and to assume that gallons of blood would spray all over the cockpit when shot is just a stupid idea, maar a few drops, but nothing more. I don't miss it anyway..

TexRoadkill
09-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Anton, this is mostly great news. I know it's not your fault, but the fact that XBOX users are stuck with a deadzone is crushing. On top of the loss of control, I'm worried all the hardcores will leave to the PS3 and we won't have enough for online games anymore.

Can you give a short reason why PS3 can be tuned and xbox can't, even for xbox sticks?

It's because of the Xbox drivers created by MS.

The deadzone isn't that big of a deal. The only time I even notice it is when trying to line up a straight shot on the tail of a bomber and that's not usually a good idea to fly straight in like that anyway.

QBlackDeathQ
09-16-2009, 03:22 AM
Maybe because in skate all you do is fall off a frickin' skateboard and getting a little scratched instead of getting your brains and guts shot out....

and to assume that gallons of blood would spray all over the cockpit when shot is just a stupid idea, maar a few drops, but nothing more. I don't miss it anyway..

I don't remember saying anything about gallons of blood, brains or gusts:confused: Hum I think someone should read/think; before typing. Kinda makes you sound stupid, don't ya think? o wait you don't or read for that matter.

P.S {ass}umptions are the mother of all f$#Kups.

Lexandro
09-16-2009, 03:28 AM
Well as far as I know all gore is straight out banned in Germany. And many countries will rate a game up to a 15 age bracket VERY quickly as soon as any red-stuff starts appearing. Since the team are trying to get as many people buying the title as possible it stands to reason that simply cutting gore would be the quickest and easiest route to bypass both issues.

Dont get me wrong, I would like a bit of gore myself ingame but hey ho what can you do eh?

QBlackDeathQ
09-16-2009, 03:38 AM
Well as far as I know all gore is straight out banned in Germany. And many countries will rate a game up to a 15 age bracket VERY quickly as soon as any red-stuff starts appearing. Since the team are trying to get as many people buying the title as possible it stands to reason that simply cutting gore would be the quickest and easiest route to bypass both issues.

Dont get me wrong, I would like a bit of gore myself ingame but hey ho what can you do eh?

Finally a valid point.

GF_Mastiff
09-21-2009, 10:56 AM
that web site you play will not let me register!!!!

kod30
09-21-2009, 06:38 PM

if im remembering right (hey it's been a long time), the original game on the PC did have blood in the cockpits if you were to get shot up.

Also remember getting killed int he cockpit and having the screen go black, while the plane is still flying.

as for the patch, yes! wheel brakes! and i can re map my av8t... and also actually do the 2nd italy campaign mission (gotta land to save someone).

Gazz6666
09-21-2009, 07:09 PM
if im remembering right (hey it's been a long time), the original game on the PC did have blood in the cockpits if you were to get shot up.

Also remember getting killed int he cockpit and having the screen go black, while the plane is still flying.

as for the patch, yes! wheel brakes! and i can re map my av8t... and also actually do the 2nd italy campaign mission (gotta land to save someone).

Hah, it took me several tries to rescue that plonker. Eventually crash-landing next to him seemed to please the game enough.

kod30
09-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Hah, it took me several tries to rescue that plonker. Eventually crash-landing next to him seemed to please the game enough.

im having a hell of a time spotting ground targets in simulation. Unless i see flashes on the ground, i cant spot crap.

that one annoying russian level was the same way, with finding just 7 out of the 901238901238 bazillion muzzle flashes on the ground int he city.

i just ended up carpet bombing the whole freaking area after i had to play the mission on arcade just so i could use the target lock to find those damn tanks :evil:

will probably have to play this italy mission the same way just to find that guy on the ground.

trk29
09-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Nothing we can do.

Anton, I received a e-mail back from Saitek and this is what they said

Hi Tim,

I forwarded this to one of the product managers directly from Saitek, and this was their response:

The twist is digital in Mode 1, but it's analog in Mode 2. This is because there's no set specification for stick layouts on PS3, whereas there is on Xbox 360; therefore what we had to do was configure the stick so that it matched the control layout for the major games available at the time - these were Tom Clancy's HAWX and Blazing Angels.

If the customer switches to Mode 2 then they will find that they'll get an analog response, as well as the fact that the buttons will then all be correctly assigned!

If they're in any doubt that the twist is analog in this mode then they simply need to connect it to a Windows PC and test it in Game Controllers where they will see that there is an analog response in Mode 2.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Angelo Ables

Customer Support Tech.
Mad Catz Interactive Inc.
1-800-659-2287
techsupport@madcatz.com

Does this mean that the rudder will work correctly in mode 2, and will all the buttons be right?

Ju-87
09-22-2009, 02:54 AM
I don't think so, at least not if you're planning to play it on the PS3..

It's not so simple as the joysticks come with 2 modes for a reason. Now, I don't own the PS3 av8r but I very much suspect it works the same way as the xbox360 one. In "console" setting, they joystick tries to mimic the gamepad, something that does not transition well if you try to use it on a PC (or try to use the PC setting on a console).

Crazyowl3
09-22-2009, 04:11 AM

Does this mean that the rudder will work correctly in mode 2, and will all the buttons be right?

Common, if they say that it can be fix for the 360. Stard doing some fixing.

If i get the money or win the loto ill buy the ps3 just for this game. SInce I have everything for the pc.

I know this can be fix for the 360, just need a little push.

LOve the game by the way!:-)

lazyboy_se
09-22-2009, 09:08 AM

The rudder is analog in mode 2 on the PS3. It works if you set the joystick to "thrustmaster". The rest of the buttons gets screwed up, and the analog hat switch turns digital, but the rudder works.

John192
09-22-2009, 09:19 AM
The rudder is analog in mode 2 on the PS3. It works if you set the joystick to "thrustmaster". The rest of the buttons gets screwed up, and the analog hat switch turns digital, but the rudder works.

well with the update you can configure button layouts so will help fix all but the hat switch issue when in mode 2

Brucerer
09-23-2009, 02:07 AM
just wondering.... is it possible for a XBOX 360 to hook use a PC usb flightstick?? I know it is not possible right now.. but is the xbox capable if it wanted to?

I'm pretty sure its a hardware limitation. Xbox only works with offical xbox controllers... its a scam really, intended to stop 3rd party manufacturers from making unauthorised controllers.